User Tag List

Page 75 of 126 FirstFirst ... 25 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 125 ... LastLast
Results 1,259 to 1,275 of 2141
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

heres game 1

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another MD match, this time a bit less error-prone. This one was fun, although maybe a little easy. Hints for improvement for the guy in green using the VT70 (white shoes, black shorts) are welcome - he follows this thread afaik. Noticed my jumps still need a LOT of work - and my footwork at the back is awfully slow.
    Oh, and as usual - I'm the tall guy with yellow shoes
    Last edited by j4ckie; 12-03-2011 at 07:27 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is it standard to have matching attire =p? Only difference is that your partner has "Badminton" written on the back. That actually and a lot of your "teammates" i guess have the same shirts. Is this a club versus another club competition?

You know the more I watched the match I realized how tall you are. Your serves don't have much much of an arc going up and your low serves usually are fairly low on the net. Just how tall are you ? That and you serve just at the lowest rib so it's legal too.

edit: Thanks for uploading your matches, as one of the more prolific video posters. I wish I had a good camera or smart phone with a good video function to record my matches like this, both for public reasons and for self improvement. I still to this day have never seen myself play.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's pretty normal to have a matching shirt as a team, although mine is just a standard shirt which I actually got before I changed to this club
    I'm 1,89m tall, which is about 6"2 (just like Chen Long). Not that unusual for Germany, but very helpful on serve and around the net

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your VT70 guys seems to be extremely backhand-dominant when in the right-hand front court, even when the shuttle comes way out to his forehand side - his returns are usually down-the-line from there. I don't think he played a single forehand from that side, so it'd be pretty tough to get a good cross-court lift, let alone a drive or netter.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hi j4ackie

just wondering which league you play? which bundesland?

maybe one thing about the video:
    you often stand quite flat-footed, that means not on the ball of the foot. as a result your body tension (? körperspannung) is not as good as it could be. you'd probably be much faster if you tried to build up more tension and be better prepared when the opponent or your partner is in play. you're quite agile when you play, but not so much when one of the other 3 guys hits the shuttle.
    just my 2 cent.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Currently - Kreisklasse Well, I could probably play in Landesliga/Niedersachen-Bremen-Liga in doubles right now, but not in singles. Additionally, my smash would be a bit weak there.

Anyhow, I noticed the same thing, especially when I get a bit relaxed/bored, I look very flat-footed indeed. Thanks for reminding me
    I tend to relax a bit too much on occasion, especially in my upper body, but I'm working on that. Hopefully, I'll be able to take some footage of a 100%-match - that would give a much better picture of my strengths and weaknesses, I think. In these league matches, I'm always very relaxed and often arrogant because I KNOW I could play higher.
    I'll give it a try on Thursday, if there are any good matches.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well, kreisklasse is def a waste of time for you...
    why don't you play higher?
    a video of some match where you're more challenged would probably give a better picture of your skills...

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I'm going to give some hints for the guy in green and white shoes.

Needs to play more - the inexperience in game play shows

Striking point of the shuttle is too low a lot of times when coming into the net, so this means hitting the shuttle upwards.

Hitting the shuttle upwards is not that much of a problem if you get it past the net player - unfortunately, he doesn't hit it high enough so the opposing net player gets freebie shots.

I notice he plays a lot of mid court shots from the front - quality is not good enough unfortunately. So needs practice on knowing when to use this type of shot and when to lift upwards. I suspect when he lifts, it's not high enough and frequently short of the back tram lines. So the opponent gets a freebie smash as well.

I didn't get to see his overhead action on the smash much but I think the body looks like he tries to rotate the lower body and hit the shuttle simultaneously. Usually, we would rotate the lower body slightly ahead of the arm action.

But overall, I would say not bad play and keep on playing.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by |_Footwork_| View Post
    well, kreisklasse is def a waste of time for you...
    why don't you play higher?
    a video of some match where you're more challenged would probably give a better picture of your skills...
    Well, it's my first season in this club and I've been playing for 21 months now, so nobody was sure how high I could play. I played against my current team last season (when I still played for another club), and since they moved up one league, they thought I'd fit in there. The first hint I wouldn't was that the only MS match I lost was against this team - against a player who plays higher now and specializes in singles. Anyhow, as long as I play at least Bezirksliga next season, I won't complain....it's not like I'm near pro level

And the general strengths/weaknesses are visible in the MD match - I love playing a flat game and moving to the net aggressively, and I don't like having to move quickly around the back court. My smash could be harder and I tend to relax a bit too much at times. My serve is pretty accurate and I defend acceptably... That doesn't change much in better matches, although my defense looks a little more impressive there

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Checking the strings after you dumped that kill into the net (during 1st min.) was very professional; looking up at the lights works, too.

Is that a 900T? Old skool!

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alapongtai View Post
    heres game 1
    From game 1, you need to move in after your net/drop shots. A few times you played a decent drop shot and could have had the attack, but the other guys played a net shot in return and got a lift from you because you got there late. If you play a good shot, follow it.

Same thing when your partner is about to hit from the rear court: push towards the middle of the net to threated the short reply - your opponents got a lot of points poking your and your partner's smashes into the front court.

Lastly, try to receive serve with your left foot forward, and load most of your weight onto it - gives you something to drive off in case of a flick.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mark A View Post
    Checking the strings after you dumped that kill into the net (during 1st min.) was very professional; looking up at the lights works, too.

Is that a 900T? Old skool!
    Yeah, my attitude is first class professional Similar to the number of rackets I bring, although BoMo are even more impressive (8 or more rackets??). Although looking at my strings is my go-to between-rallies routine - I do it all the time. After long rallies, after mishits - I always check and make sure the strings are nice and tidy, but that's just me being me - I hate 'crooked' strings. Looking up at the ceiling is what I do when a) I try to blame the light or b) I'm really peeved about a stupid mistake and try to remain calm. Pointedly looking away from the opponents (like "Can you believe it?!") is another favorite of mine
    Anyhow, the racket is a BS09. Also not the newest of rackets, but it's amongst my favorites in doubles. Dominated by the T2 right now though.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It has been a long time since I posted a video to this section, but I'm back haha. I am currently sitting in Moncton, New Brunswick and just played my opening match at the 2011 Canadian International Challenge. I played against 5th seed Stephan Wojcikiewicz who is worlds above my skill level. About 4 weeks ago I played in the Miami International and I had the unfortunate event of pulling (almost ripping) 3 tendons in my right hand, yes I am right handed too. So my right hand is not exactly 100% and there are motions and shots that I cannot currently play. Example cannot play any backhands only around the heads, smashing is tough it puts a lot of stress on the tendons, etc.

Yes I know the 1st thing some of you will say, but why would you spend that money and play the tournament with your hand like that. Well I already had airfare booked back before I played in Miami as I was going to this tournament for sure to finish off the year with an International Challenge and hope to improve my world ranking significantly.

Anyways enough talk since I'm sure your bored of reading, here is the video. Let me know what you think, remember me and Stephan are worlds apart in skill, he is so much higher and better than me. Anyways any comments are always appreciated.

PS watch in 720p as the reduced quality is so bad.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Nicholas. This is the first sight we've had of this tournament. Would you mind linking it to the Moncton Yonex International thread? http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...Dec-12-17-2011

You are incredibly fast. But you look rather tight, and I think it inhibited your movement to the net on a few of those rallies.
    (this proffered as a fan sitting on his butt, not a player who knows any better).

If you have any time left in Moncton before your flight out, please considergiving a few tips to any juniors who are watching with wide-eyed admiration. Best of luck at your next tournament!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow that is some freakishly high level of play. It's a shame that your tendons in your right hand, you play well even when injured! I'm definitely not qualified to really make any suggestions because I'm so far below you. Obviously you said you couldn't hit backhand overheads and smashes. The inability to hit backhands didn't hurt you so much because of your speed around the court made it extremely hard for him to make you hit a backhand. Your inability to smash regularly made it so you really couldn't pressure him when you had attacking opportunities and essentially your game was built around tiring him out and getting him out of position with deep clears combined with fast or short drops. Of course that would be enough to win against a lot of people but since you said he's higher in skill and a seeded opponent, missing a crucial shot in your arsenal really hurts.

All I can say is rest up and I hope your right hand fully heals over the next several months. I would love to see you play when you're fully fit!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

a few tendons??? holy crap.
    I damaged 1 tendon and every time I smash, my hand feels like it's going to rip right off... I can't imagine how painful it is playing with multiple tendon injuries. You're a trooper!