User Tag List

Page 77 of 128 FirstFirst ... 27 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 127 ... LastLast
Results 1,293 to 1,309 of 2176
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

It's difficult to comment when the points are not long and you are not under pressure.

I did notice that when you go for round-the-head shots you don't rotate your body much and after hitting it, the body rotation is quite limited. That would inhibit your forward movement after the stroke.
    Last edited by Cheung; 12-31-2011 at 11:02 PM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@j4ckie

How long have you played badminton?
    IMO, You are quite agile...

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks, but I'm not satisfied with my footwork...when I play with our 1st team, I can not follow the pace - in doubles. In singles, I don't even need to try...anyway, I've been playing for about 21 months now

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by j4ckie View Post
    Thanks, but I'm not satisfied with my footwork...when I play with our 1st team, I can not follow the pace - in doubles. In singles, I don't even need to try...anyway, I've been playing for about 21 months now
    You have shown a good progress. keep it up..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Haven't posted a vid in a while as I ve been injured for 3 months with buttox and lower back pains .. Anyway, here s a vid I played in yesterday. Any comments are welcome
    Cheers
    http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_u...WM&view=videos

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Link's not working....or rather doesn't link to a video

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Babyface View Post
    Haven't posted a vid in a while as I ve been injured for 3 months with buttox and lower back pains .. Anyway, here s a vid I played in yesterday. Any comments are welcome
    Cheers
    http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_u...WM&view=videos
    Quote Originally Posted by j4ckie View Post
    Link's not working....or rather doesn't link to a video
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOhS5...1&feature=plcp

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks demolidor

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's a good game, from your other videos I'm sure you're in red, you seem to be a bit too relaxed whether you find the matches comfortable or not I'm not sure. Deception seemed to work well on him.

The pace was generally quite low and you didn't work your opponent; even smashes tended to be aimed at the body and he wasn't being worked around all the court at speed. Which as tall people find it quite hard to twist and turn quicker so working on your speed when trying to counter/ attack can make a big difference for a tall person.

With a tall person, as soon as you give them too much time at the back with slow high lifts it puts them at a massive advantage, so play the flat counters/ drives against him and bring him forwards and backwards. Alot of his smashes were unreturned because you simply gave him too much of an opportunity to get behind the shuttle and place a deadly smash without having to worry about it coming back.

Around 7:20 is a great example you push him flatter and wide and you get a weak response to kill.

If Kano reads this too, I'm pretty sure my teammate Vince from Exeter played you at BUCS this year? I've yet to come up against you in any bronzes but I do remember you looking injured when playing. Have to try and get a game with you if I can at some point.

Andy.
    Last edited by AimUk; 01-08-2012 at 12:39 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Andy, Yeh, im the one in Red, to be honest, im not as good as Kano... he is a better player, just fortunate i won. I dont actually get to play anymore, neither do i train or club etc.. thanks for feedback though, will take it into account if i ever get into badminton more seriously.
    cheers

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Babyface is your inspiration Taufik Hidayat ?
    Your backhand clear is every good! The way your play is quite relaxed.

If you are inspired by Taufik Hidayat not surprised he is mine as well as Lee Chong Wei and Peter Gade.
    What is string tension on your Arcsaber Z-Slash ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol.. yes i do watch TH games and yes i do love his style of play. tension is 27lbs bg66 ultimax

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry I interpreted coming back from injury as starting to play properly again & the fact you're playing with Kano, probably wouldn't have been so critical otherwise haha..

I thought I recognised the dress sense from somewhere. I do think you have a very natural look to your game, you must have been good when you did play!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Andy: I do appreciate your words as watching the video back, it does make sense .. i played as a junior 13-16 and got into county and had England trials.. but gave up before getting into the national camp (lost interest/concentration) .. gave up the sport for 8 years, and picked up the badminton racket again at uni 3 years ago.. ive always played like this, not because of my opponent being weak or strong... i find it hard to concentrate, hence the reason why i dont train etc.. just a fun game to me.
    Kano is a good friend of mine i met down south uk... he is more dedicated and lives/loves the sport.. easy to see why, me returnig from injury would be mis-interpreted.

thanks regardless

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool thread, I totally agree with the reason why this thread was created in the first place. It's great to watch the professional but at the same time its nice to watch your peers too! Just spent ages trawling through the thread watch you guys play! Just so happens we made a video a few weeks ago, here it is...

Watch out for my trick shot just after 5 minutes, I'm the slap head in the black!

Comments welcome
    Last edited by hn8790; 01-12-2012 at 03:18 PM.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hn8790 View Post
    Cool thread, I totally agree with the reason why this thread was created in the first place. It's great to watch the professional but at the same time its nice to watch your peers too! Just spent ages trawling through the thread watch you guys play! Just so happens we made a video a few weeks ago, here it is...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZeKzSMg80rM

Watch out for my trick shot just after 5 minutes, I'm the slap head in the black!

Comments welcome
    Wow, I've just watched 4 minutes and you guys are great! More entertaining than most SS matches.
    Well chosen, good long rallies shown by a well-placed clear camera. Kudos!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hn8790 View Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZeKzSMg80rM

Comments welcome
    very good! what level do you play at?