User Tag List

Page 78 of 127 FirstFirst ... 28 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 ... LastLast
Results 1,310 to 1,326 of 2156
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the kind comments so far I noticed bbirdman you're from the UK, I play for Shropshire county but have only been playing for them for the last few seasons. I'm a bit of a late starter to be honest because I'm self taught and only got good enough recently, before that I just played in local leagues etc...well I still do, South Staffs, Worcerster and Shropshire division 1 leagues

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And here was me going tonpost my doubles game... I'm like the Hafiz Hashim of doubles (anyone remember the commonwealth games, where out of nowhere he ended up playing with Chan Peng Soon)

I am like 80% singles 15% mixed and 5% doubles, and my main focus is singles, so any video I have would be quite pointless, cause I can't play doubles like I can singles...

Good play for the video above, and the rallies choosen are very entertaining and high quality

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cheers dude get a video of you playing singles and stick it up

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hn8790 View Post
    Cool thread, I totally agree with the reason why this thread was created in the first place. It's great to watch the professional but at the same time its nice to watch your peers too! Just spent ages trawling through the thread watch you guys play! Just so happens we made a video a few weeks ago, here it is...

Watch out for my trick shot just after 5 minutes, I'm the slap head in the black!

Comments welcome
    Your footwork and your understanding of your positioning during the doubles game is really good!!

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Good rallies! High quality exchanges, and especially Pinky has an incredible defensive block.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great doubles.. very entertaining.. too bad you live soo far away.. looks like a very good standard. (love the trick shot

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i very much like your intensity (all 4 of you) (sheering, shouting, fistpumping...).

there are some rallies where you&your partner are attacking (smash from the back) and then the frontcourt player lifts the shuttle, despite being in a quite good position. no need for that. just block and keep on attacking! occupy the net, that's where doubles is won! (you do that most of the time for sure!!)

nice match, all 4 of you are more or less at a comparable level, that's the best matchups!!

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Babyface View Post
    Andy: I do appreciate your words as watching the video back, it does make sense .. i played as a junior 13-16 and got into county and had England trials.. but gave up before getting into the national camp (lost interest/concentration) .. gave up the sport for 8 years, and picked up the badminton racket again at uni 3 years ago.. ive always played like this, not because of my opponent being weak or strong... i find it hard to concentrate, hence the reason why i dont train etc.. just a fun game to me.
    Kano is a good friend of mine i met down south uk... he is more dedicated and lives/loves the sport.. easy to see why, me returnig from injury would be mis-interpreted.

thanks regardless
    Eh? I thought you only started in Uni, which was why everyone was calling you a natural talent after the first vids?

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hn8790 View Post
    Cool thread, I totally agree with the reason why this thread was created in the first place. It's great to watch the professional but at the same time its nice to watch your peers too! Just spent ages trawling through the thread watch you guys play! Just so happens we made a video a few weeks ago, here it is...

Watch out for my trick shot just after 5 minutes, I'm the slap head in the black!

Comments welcome
    IMO it is a very interesting match
    very evenly match, both sides has good technique and selection of shots
    both sides understands who should go where, which formation, what to do, where to cover

I rarely get this kind of good games, maybe once in a while..
    usually the rallies finished after first few shots..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks everyone for the positive feedback and @|_Footwork_| thanks for your advice too. It's something I noticed too watching myself back. I have so much time at the net yet I choose to lift most of the time. It's so obvious when I watch myself back. My defense it probably one of my strengths but still I shouldn't put myself under attack, so completely agree with you.

I would really recommend to everyone that they film themselves. It's not until you watch yourself that you realise what you are doing wrong!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by demolidor View Post
    Eh? I thought you only started in Uni, which was why everyone was calling you a natural talent after the first vids?
    Wow, you have a good memory lol... you're right, i remember saying starting at uni when first posting, as to me, junior 13-16 standard wasnt anything to brag about..

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Babyface View Post
    Wow, you have a good memory lol... you're right, i remember saying starting at uni when first posting, as to me, junior 13-16 standard wasnt anything to brag about..
    But it gives you a much better foundation than a complete beginner (like me) has Never underestimate how much training at a young age is worth....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by j4ckie View Post
    But it gives you a much better foundation than a complete beginner (like me) has Never underestimate how much training at a young age is worth....
    Definately.. you are right.. just that even though i did play as a junior.. to me, since picking a racket back up again during uni, everything was like brand new.. No lie intended, just since playing badminton again 3 years ago.. everything was almost reset (even though i was playing a decent level as a junior.)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Babyface,

I am sure you didn't forget how to play. Its like riding a bike, you don't forget. Maybe very rusty that is all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well, it is obvious that he had training when he was younger, I doubt anyone can hit a jump smash and backhand smash like he does after 2 years...... Lets just leave it guys ....

Been browsing thru some of the videos and the standard I seen from the Aimuk, and hn8790 are pretty advance. As you guys know there is always room for improvement (if I am being critical ) i.e. footwork and movement around the court , but since it is only a practice match it can not be judge upon those videos. However, Technicality you are both excellent.

Someone above mentioned about the tactics used by the Shropshire player ; I think he would be better off to play to his strength that has been working well for him .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Staiger1 yeah of course in training the intensity and speed around court isn't quite the same as a real match but there is definite room for improvement. It's only watching myself back that has helped me to analyse some definite areas where I can improve.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My MD match of today. This is the team's 2nd match of the day, which we lost quite clearly, 1-7. The filmed MD match the one in the back) went to our opponents 14-21 18-21.
    Despite some injury problems and my beloved BS09 breaking yesterday, a solid performance. Lacking some speed at the front and thus taking some shuttles a bit late...
    As usual, I'm the one with YELLOW shoes (the court at the far side, not the one close to the camera)

PS: No need to point out the freakishly mistimed jumps in the 2nd game. I noticed!

Page 78 of 127 FirstFirst ... 28 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 ... LastLast