User Tag List

Page 79 of 128 FirstFirst ... 29 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 ... LastLast
Results 1,327 to 1,343 of 2172
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jackie/ssgg007: Tbh, the basics i had as a junior has most probably enabled me to improve a little bit faster than my friends, that started playing with me, have.. but in all honesty, at the time of when i played again at uni, i couldnt remember a damn thing. lol...
    Staiger1: Are you the same user as staiger? that gave me advice 3 hours ago?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hn8790 View Post
    Thanks Staiger1 yeah of course in training the intensity and speed around court isn't quite the same as a real match but there is definite room for improvement. It's only watching myself back that has helped me to analyse some definite areas where I can improve.
    yes, just need to be sharper around the net. (i.e hunt the shuttle and show them you want it more ). Therefore anything lose will get dispatch ; does not matter if you going to miss a few , but it will give your opponents something to think about.

There is always room for improvement even for the best in the world, if you are dedicated to the sport then you are heading in with the right attitude.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Cool thread, I totally agree with the reason why this thread was created in the first place. It's great to watch the professional but at the same time its nice to watch your peers too! Just spent ages trawling through the thread watch you guys play! Just so happens we made a video a few weeks ago, here it is...

Watch out for my trick shot just after 5 minutes, I'm the slap head in the black!

Comments welcome
    Entertaining! Pity the floor is slippery. Self taught? You've done very well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

cheung we should film a game if we ever get a chance! got a number for fung kam club from HKBA so i should be able to join their club! woop woo!

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

That's too far away for me. I certainly don't look as "streamlined" as hn8790.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

>?!?! lol yeh la i can come play with u guys hk way....

il just used yuen long club to help me improve my skills. many get john leurng to give me some coaching too

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the compliments Cheung and yes I am very "streamlined" if you are referring to the aerodynamics of my smooth head hahaha. Would be great if you guys did get to put a video up!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

here's another vid of singles.. court was very slippery.. wasnt fully commited in movement due to the risk of injury, here it is anyway, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kC8w5...1&feature=plcp

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Babyface View Post
    here's another vid of singles.. court was very slippery.. wasnt fully commited in movement due to the risk of injury, here it is anyway, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kC8w5...1&feature=plcp
    Your backhand is certainly very strong !!
    Is your favourite shot the cross court drop shot ? You play that shot a lot during this match...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks.. my fav shot isnt necessary the cross court drop, its just my opponent is much fitter than i am.. i couldnt clear all the time as he would return it always very deep into the court, therefore i just used whatever shot i thought would be best.. just so happened to be that one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool thread, I totally agree with the reason why this thread was created in the first place. It's great to watch the professional but at the same time its nice to watch your peers too! Just spent ages trawling through the thread watch you guys play! Just so happens we made a video a few weeks ago, here it is...

Watch out for my trick shot just after 5 minutes, I'm the slap head in the black!

Comments welcome
    it's nice to a see a display of county level badminton on these boards once in a while - gives the majority of us BC'ers an idea of how to master the basics of MD!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Comments welcome
    I noticed except for you, the other players do not engage the net as much. I think you played blocks at the front court for your back court player. The other players in general, lifted the shuttle if any drop shots were played and seemed to openly want to give the attack away! There were definite rallies where a few shots could easily have been played in the front court to keep the attack going!

I would think the nature of a training match would be not to have any long rallies as generally one would hope to finish the rallies quickly. I can recall hearing the average rally length in doubles is 3 rallies? I can not remember where or from whom so don't quote me on that but it is a number below 5. It seemed that the players seemed to hit to one another, there were a few opportunities where you could have made the back-court player hit under pressure, making him run the sides but instead a drop was played to the front-court player.

It was an entertaining match though! There was a lot of attacking from both sides which is always fun!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Uh-oh. Gotta say that videotaping yourself is quite revealing. I knew that I'm not too fast on the court, but seeing myself I'm just flabbergasted how sluggish my movements look.

I've been playing badminton semi-seriously only since last summer, but I have some background in racquet sports. I've started to do some explosive strength / plyometric exercises, but it looks like I need to do a lot more of those.

Interested to hear other comments.

I'm the one closer to the camera, in gray shorts with reddish hair.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

concerning your speed and explosiveness, you said it all, keep working on that!

2 remarks about technique:

1. try to take the shuttle earlier! unlike (e.g.) in tennis, you don't let the ball come to you and hit, but try to take it as high and early as possible. especially at the net, sometimes your early enough but let the shuttle fall. take it higher!!

2. use more underarm pronation/wrist. unlike tennis or squash, a lot of the power in badminton comes from the wrist and underarm pronation. you hit too much with your whole arm! using more wrist/underarm pronation allows you to play quicker shots, better angles and deception. try it!

you seem talented, keep up the good work!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by |_Footwork_| View Post
    concerning your speed and explosiveness, you said it all, keep working on that!

2 remarks about technique:

1. try to take the shuttle earlier! unlike (e.g.) in tennis, you don't let the ball come to you and hit, but try to take it as high and early as possible. especially at the net, sometimes your early enough but let the shuttle fall. take it higher!!

2. use more underarm pronation/wrist. unlike tennis or squash, a lot of the power in badminton comes from the wrist and underarm pronation. you hit too much with your whole arm! using more wrist/underarm pronation allows you to play quicker shots, better angles and deception. try it!
    As for taking the shuttle early, I'm puzzled as to why the guy on the video who looks exactly like me let's the shuttle drop so much. I have to have a serious conversation with him. :-)

I think it takes a bit more to make myself take the shuttle earlier in shots from the back court, but there's absolutely no reason to let them drop close to the net when I have all the time in the world.

About the pronation/wrist, I'll definitely experiment using less whole arm and more pronation.

Thanks for the comments!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Comments welcome
    you guys are really good... i have some questions
    1. how long have you guys been training/trained?
    2. how old are you guys?
    3. how good are you guys compared to other players in your community/city?

sorry if someone asked these already
    i wish i were that good at badminton -.-

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

good skill....good rotation, keep spirit on!

Page 79 of 128 FirstFirst ... 29 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 ... LastLast