User Tag List

Page 82 of 131 FirstFirst ... 32 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 ... LastLast
Results 1,378 to 1,394 of 2214
  1. #1378
    Regular Member drew tze en's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    London
    Posts
    2,250
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nbonkowsky View Post
    I had some time in the ASIANA lounge at the Incheon airport in Seoul,
    Korea this morning and was able to convert and upload the video of my
    match from Vietnam before I fly out to Japan.

    So here it is, I am on the right side of the video (far side of the
    court) with the orange shoes on if you can tell. I apologize that me
    and my opponent wore the same colors, it didn’t help that I had
    another yellow shirt in my bag >.<

    This is game 2 of the match against Jacob Malieka [14] from RSA. I
    made a lot of simple unforced errors some simply off returning serve
    which is not something I am proud of. I was very inconsistent and
    unable to keep rallies going, there is no excuse for this. I was
    simply not up to par with the standard of badminton being played. I
    can easily find many weaknesses and flaws in my technique, game,
    footwork, and strategy through this match.

    That being said there are aspects of the match that I am happy with
    and some rallies that I am proud of and very happy. I have seen some
    progress in my game it isn’t a huge leap forward but it’s a small step
    in the right direction. Time will help with that and at this point I
    just have to keep working hard, become stronger, faster, and smarter
    on court.

    You play International tournaments ?!?!?! O.O
    sorry in the video which one is one? there are two player with yellow shirts.

  2. #1379
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    uk
    Posts
    472
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nbonkowsky View Post


    i am currently in japan and onoly have the hotel computer for internet at 100yen for 10min. i dont know if the youtube link works if not i will post one on saturday when i get back to korea. if a mod can fix it or knows what the problem with the video was that would be awesome. thank you.
    I watched the first 5 minutes without knowing which player was you. My observation was that the player at the far end was a higher standard than the nearer player. Your movement is very fast and light, nice technique but many of your shots were too safe to put movement pressure onto your opponent. Your favourite shot appears to be the crosscourt drop from the forehand rearcourt, which is quite deceptive, but against a player who knows this then your in real trouble in the huge space on your backhand side. You'd be better off with a straight smash more often so they get used to splitting into a wide base, then throw in an occasional favourite which could be a winner.

    As said before, your net plays are too safe also.

  3. #1380
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    TW, SG, HK
    Posts
    7,314
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by drew tze en View Post
    You play International tournaments ?!?!?! O.O
    sorry in the video which one is one? there are two player with yellow shirts.
    He said already, far court in the orange shoes

  4. #1381
    Regular Member drew tze en's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    London
    Posts
    2,250
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LD rules! View Post
    He said already, far court in the orange shoes
    Oh! I see...
    He is wearing the SHB-86EX or SHB-65FT

  5. #1382
    Regular Member nbonkowsky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Trinidad and Tobago / Vancouver
    Posts
    154
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Yes I am on the far side I said that in the description above the video. To be honest smashing from the back I am not a very powerful player so my attack would screw me over more than it would help me. That is why I had to play around with slices and drops. My drops could be way tighter I agree. I did have a few mesa ups at the net but after net killing him twice and as well in the 1st game he didn't seem keen on playing the net. And drew I am wearing just the normal SHB 86ex's

  6. #1383
    Regular Member drew tze en's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    London
    Posts
    2,250
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Here is me playing I'm on the far side in the orange Li-ning Shirt


    I didn't play my best. The hall is fast and the shuttle in this game was fast as well, so both, my opponent and I made several mistake when we were clearing and high serves.

    Also to add, I'm sorry about the video quality, I have no idea why it is flicking, it maybe because of the lighting in the hall. I'm not sure. This was record at 23 fps.

    The player on the far side is Toby Penty, he was coaching someone at the time.
    Last edited by drew tze en; 04-06-2012 at 10:33 AM.

  7. #1384
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,109
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Technically, I notice mainly footwork - lack of scissor and split steps. Recovery is very lacking. Addressing shuttle on overheads is not correct form, especially when doing forehand in backhand side (shuttle is too far back, and body is too square a lot of the time 6:48).

    Strategy/tactics - definitely far too many pushes/lifts when net shots would be better.

  8. #1385
    Regular Member j4ckie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    2,857
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Two quick things: first, you grip way too high. In singles, you generally should grip way at the bottom, the only possible exceptions being when you play a netshot or defend.
    Second, your hitting action for everything below net height is way to big. It should be a short, sharp motion, but you don't seem to tighten the grip and rather play those shots with pronation/supination, which should be avoided whenever possible (talking about netplay, defense and drives taken in front of your body). The longer you can hold the shuttle/the shot, the longer you fix your opponent in court, so making the motion shorter and sharper is an important aspect, especially in singles.

  9. #1386
    Regular Member drew tze en's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    London
    Posts
    2,250
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by amleto View Post
    Technically, I notice mainly footwork - lack of scissor and split steps. Recovery is very lacking. Addressing shuttle on overheads is not correct form, especially when doing forehand in backhand side (shuttle is too far back, and body is too square a lot of the time 6:48).

    Strategy/tactics - definitely far too many pushes/lifts when net shots would be better.
    I agree with you. Especially with the strategy, during this game I was lifting way too many shots then I usually do. I am practicing my forehand shots from the backhand side.

  10. #1387
    Regular Member drew tze en's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    London
    Posts
    2,250
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by j4ckie View Post
    Two quick things: first, you grip way too high. In singles, you generally should grip way at the bottom, the only possible exceptions being when you play a netshot or defend.
    Second, your hitting action for everything below net height is way to big. It should be a short, sharp motion, but you don't seem to tighten the grip and rather play those shots with pronation/supination, which should be avoided whenever possible (talking about netplay, defense and drives taken in front of your body). The longer you can hold the shuttle/the shot, the longer you fix your opponent in court, so making the motion shorter and sharper is an important aspect, especially in singles.
    I noticed about my grip as well, I didn't know it was high until I watched this game. Lately I have this habit to hold the shuttle and try and create deception but now I can't stop doing it.
    Thank you for the advice !

  11. #1388
    Regular Member j4ckie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    2,857
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by drew tze en View Post
    I noticed about my grip as well, I didn't know it was high until I watched this game. Lately I have this habit to hold the shuttle and try and create deception but now I can't stop doing it.
    Thank you for the advice !
    Glad if it helps
    In training, you should try and split your time a little - play very concentrated and clean most of the time, but take some time every session to play just the way you want as well. That way, it doesn't feel like work, but is still effective. I wasted quite a bit of time playing with lower standard players whom I could deceive easily, but playing against stronger opponents that was fairly useless and I had to catch up quite a bit on basics that I could've learned much earlier.
    Do you have training with a coach or do you play more recreationally? If you can, get a coach or advanced player to oversee your footwork training (you should do some drills every session). It's hard to believe how much clean, effective footwork does for your game

  12. #1389
    Regular Member drew tze en's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    London
    Posts
    2,250
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by j4ckie View Post
    Glad if it helps
    In training, you should try and split your time a little - play very concentrated and clean most of the time, but take some time every session to play just the way you want as well. That way, it doesn't feel like work, but is still effective. I wasted quite a bit of time playing with lower standard players whom I could deceive easily, but playing against stronger opponents that was fairly useless and I had to catch up quite a bit on basics that I could've learned much earlier.
    Do you have training with a coach or do you play more recreationally? If you can, get a coach or advanced player to oversee your footwork training (you should do some drills every session). It's hard to believe how much clean, effective footwork does for your game
    At the club I go to. I attend a 2 1/2 hour session, the first hour the coach teaches a shot and then we practice it and the rest of the session we play games. At the moment there is a club tournament so, it means we are qualifying to get into the finals.

    I think after the club tournament has finished, I think I will do a few drills and etc to improve my footwork. During this game I was tired that is why I didn't put in a lot of effort and that's why my footwork was really poor. Hopefully that next time I record a video I wouldn't be tired and my footwork would slightly be better.

  13. #1390
    Regular Member thejym's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    389
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I have another fun video for you guys. I think I had better stick to coaching:


    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEoO5RNaZm4

    Narration:
    Oh nice flick! *brain fart* Damn I'm out of position... dive!
    *get up* ...where the @#$! is my racket?! Why isn't it in my hand?
    *gropes for racket* Where did it go? I better go find my racket.
    Partner: "COME ON!"
    Huh? Where's the bird? *look up* Oh too late to change grip, swing!
    *opponent returns shot* Ok I'm gonna go lift really high and give us time.. why is my partner moving too? Crap.

  14. #1391
    Regular Member drew tze en's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    London
    Posts
    2,250
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    It is good that you returned the shot with interest!

  15. #1392
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,109
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    haha, loveit

  16. #1393
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Hamilton
    Posts
    29
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    This is a video of me and my friend rallying, can anyone help me with advice on everything i need to improve on? sorry about the limited angle and camera quality! Thanks a lot!

    i poseted a thread for this, and was told to post it here, so here goes!

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MurNcFkhK7w

  17. #1394
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    London
    Posts
    133
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nbonkowsky View Post
    To be honest smashing from the back I am not a very powerful player so my attack would screw me over more than it would help me.
    If that's the case you might want to try to focus on angle rather than power, a steep smash is much harder to counter as your opponent will be taking the shuttle at a lower point.

Page 82 of 131 FirstFirst ... 32 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Test - Post your playing style and your horoscope
    By Mikael in forum Techniques / Training
    Replies: 31
    : 09-08-2013, 10:13 AM
  2. [Other] Post all the HQ Videos here
    By lining in forum Badminton Tournament Video Sharing
    Replies: 3
    : 11-24-2010, 06:14 PM
  3. Post a picture of yourself in your Badminton playing gear!
    By SharpEye in forum Badminton Rackets / Equipment
    Replies: 3
    : 07-07-2010, 01:08 AM
  4. Post videos you've recorded yourself
    By darkwingduck in forum Badminton Tournament Video Sharing
    Replies: 4
    : 02-09-2008, 06:17 AM
  5. how to post videos/interview in BF?
    By *GaDe~CaMiLlA* in forum Chit-Chat
    Replies: 1
    : 12-27-2004, 07:41 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •