User Tag List

Page 83 of 126 FirstFirst ... 33 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 ... LastLast
Results 1,395 to 1,411 of 2127
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thejym View Post
    I have another fun video for you guys. I think I had better stick to coaching:

Narration:
    Oh nice flick! *brain fart* Damn I'm out of position... dive!
    *get up* ...where the @#$! is my racket?! Why isn't it in my hand?
    *gropes for racket* Where did it go? I better go find my racket.
    Partner: "COME ON!"
    Huh? Where's the bird? *look up* Oh too late to change grip, swing!
    *opponent returns shot* Ok I'm gonna go lift really high and give us time.. why is my partner moving too? Crap.
    I would assume your partner moved in, albeit pretty late, because you attacked warranting for a front-back attack formation. Your partner went wrong not in going for the lift but the combination of the cross-court lift and moving back cross-court to his base.

If he lifted straight it should give him enough time to get back to defend a slower cross court smash or, you should be able to move back to your base relatively quickly being farther back in the court than your partner.

Your recovery shot and your partner's choice of shot was funny though!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Played against a friend from the local area in an English ranked tournament (Bronze).
    Not really got an excuse for the amount of errors, made, enough to say I probably lost the match rather than being outplayed, something to work on for next time. Too many unforced errors, hitting things out the rearcourt, other than that I probably would have come very close if not beaten him given the scores were 15 and 17 in 2 sets. Camera battery died half way through the second set, missing some of the best rallies unfortunately!

Was happy with my hitting + movement having spent the last 3 weeks not playing.

Any comments & tips appreciated as ever
    Last edited by AimUk; 04-21-2012 at 07:06 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Way too many unforced errors , clears , smashes (misplacement) . It is disappointing to watch. Footwork was slow, movement , positioning sense seems to be all lost as well . Timing was not there . Too slow at the net and shots were too loose, And what happened to getting back to the ready position ? Missing the split steps occasionally as well , Most of this are down to lack of match practice , laziness and tireness ?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Part of the problem is that I probably haven't played singles much in the last 3-4 months, I only really get time to play doubles at training (which finished in March) and club nights which are also doubles. So I think it's taken a bit of a downturn in singles. I wouldn't say it was THAT bad, were you expecting to see some professional badminton or something? Not all of us are at the level where we can play that well.

What part of my movement would you say was bad, I can't see that many examples of when I was under real pressure to reach shots apart from when he was attacking well (a good attack always makes you struggle) and some of my movement to the net was slow?

Other than that, yes you're correct. Looking back I wish I was more consistent but unfortunately it was expected given I wasn't totally match fit. (Not lazy )

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why all the negativity? "It is disappointing to watch" and all that. I understand the value of criticism, but I don't understand why it has to be overly negative. And its not like the poster was boasting about his abilities, he was just asking for feedback.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, the recovery steps after making the shots can be split second quicker. Reading/awareness of the game can be improved to gain that extra split second. When you defending , you get the first attack back but then your feet seems not to be ready for the next shot . (be alert, and use the split step). If you are quicker and more ready at the net (quicker 1st step) , you can get to the shuttle earlier , you can then hold the shot / making it more deceiving.

You are a very good player , there is no denying in that. To reach that next level and becoming even better , it is mostly down to better movement /footwork /awareness . You will be more ready and have more time on the shuttle which will help you with your shot- selection / and making the shot , in addition less errors .

You said , a good attack always makes you struggle , but ask yourself why you are in that position in the first place. If you have been earlier to the previous shot (and have more time to hit a more attacking shot ) and be as ready with your recovery steps , it would not be possible for him to initiate a good attack .

If you really want to concentrate on your singles , then you will need match play at least twice a week

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AimUk View Post

Played against a friend from the local area in an English ranked tournament (Bronze).
    Not really got an excuse for the amount of errors, made, enough to say I probably lost the match rather than being outplayed, something to work on for next time. Too many unforced errors, hitting things out the rearcourt, other than that I probably would have come very close if not beaten him given the scores were 15 and 17 in 2 sets. Camera battery died half way through the second set, missing some of the best rallies unfortunately!

I think you need to be a little more aggressive - you got a good attack, but rarely push yourself to get behind the shuttle and use it. Your opponent is not very fast around the court and relies heavily on his anticipation to defend, so you could've won this (despite the very unsecure lifting) if you had tried to keep the shuttle going down more and varied the placement and pace of your smashes.
    He is also not so quick at turning and changing directions (as pretty much all tall people -.-) so a few jumped attacking clears would've been quite effective as well [I enjoy quite a bit of success with those as I'm very tall and thus a bit imposing for people who don't know I smash like a girl].

You should also work on your footwork when going for a high backhand shot, it's really not very effective and you lose time and reach whenever you go for that shot. I guess that's because you haven't played singles in training....however, you should really take the forehand more often, as your backhand, while decent, is not very strong and lacks variation (it's straight all the time).

Anyhow, good match. Hope to see a bit more from you again, you seem to improve every time you post sth.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by AimUk View Post

I really feel I need to say this, cause it's annoying me!

Please take your time between points!!!

It frustrates me whenever I play an opponent who takes no time between points(frustrates them too, cause they have to wait till I'm ready). It isn't a race remember!

After a point, take a few seconds to regroup, think about how you are going to play the next rally, and what didn't work in the last rally, I reckon you need to take about 8-10 seconds between the last point ending, and starting your serve.

Try it, slow down between the points.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

one more advice, dont aim directly at the line, aim about 5-6 inches within the line . Unless you are playing against top players , the chances you going to lose the point when hitting directly at the line (hitting it out) is much greater than you actually catch the line and gain that point

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i'm sorry, but which player are you?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLi8k...2&feature=plcp

10 weeks off due to injury, but slowly getting back into it (im the one in black)
    only a short rally.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This was taken a while ago. I am in the near court, in the blue shorts. Turn your speakers on.

Yes I am a jerk.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am so going to be a wall next time I play, thanks Grappler!

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First two games of a singles match in the recent club tournament....I'm the one in yellow.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

00:17 well arent you fancy haha , you have a really nice wrist smash too! 2:23

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You have improved Jackie! nice singles match

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here's a vid,
    game #2 still uploading game #1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WalQN7m3sLY&feature=youtu.be

I am the lazy bum in the red with black spandex with shorts over. Why? because practice was at 7 am where its f-ing cold. Me and my partner were helping the other two practice for a tournament in which and they played plastic, so fml critiques are welcomed, and yes, I knowww, I have to work on my footwork
    Will upload game #1 when its done

Page 83 of 126 FirstFirst ... 33 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 ... LastLast