User Tag List

Page 85 of 129 FirstFirst ... 35 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 ... LastLast
Results 1,429 to 1,445 of 2177
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here is my latest video, which was recorded yesterday UK time

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

which one are u?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shahkiz View Post
    which one are u?
    Opps, my mistake, I'm on the near side, in the red t-shirt

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Pakito Play Play

I am, of course, the chinese one, playing against Prakash Pradukone.

The kid on the right court is also of course, not mine

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Pakito Play Sequel

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hn8790 View Post
    Cool thread, I totally agree with the reason why this thread was created in the first place. It's great to watch the professional but at the same time its nice to watch your peers too! Just spent ages trawling through the thread watch you guys play! Just so happens we made a video a few weeks ago, here it is...

Watch out for my trick shot just after 5 minutes, I'm the slap head in the black!

Comments welcome
    Nice sets of rallies and good combination of shots too..would really love to have a game with you guys...keep up the good work buddy!!

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pakito View Post
    Very low strike point on overheads in early rallies.

After you serve you just stand and wait instead of split drop. In fact, I didn't many split drops at all.

Lack of recovery step on footwork.
    Last edited by amleto; 07-08-2012 at 12:26 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by amleto View Post
    Very low strike point on overheads in early rallies.

After you serve you just stand and wait instead of split drop. In fact, I didn't many split drops at all.

Lack of recovery step on footwork.
    danke, danke

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last game of Monday's training session. A bit slow with the feet and not explosive at all, but not too many unforced errors considering that.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hi j4ckie

it's me again...

as i commented on your last video, i truly think you improved.
    yet again, keep working on your consistency. it's the most important thing in intermediate/advanced (or however one rates what we're doing...) badminton.

just one example: i counted 5 (!!!!) service mistakes! 5!!! 5!!!!!!
    if you consider, that games are usually won or lost by 21:17 or 16:21 or 19:21 or something like that, 5 (!!!!) service mistakes are the difference between winning and losing a game.

that's simply not acceptable! it gives your opponent a 0:5 lead for which he has to do nothing...

but anyway: keep up the good work!

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yep, those were awful. No idea how I managed to do that. There isn't even the same pressure as in doubles, so it's actually worse than gifting away points there...there's no excuse for 5 of them, but as I mentioned, I was exhausted, so my concentration wasn't exactly at it's best. I'll do some singles serves in the next few sessions though, the added distance throws me off sometimes.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

j4ckie, looking pretty good, especially the reverse drop and early cross-court round-the-head smash

Not as many net errors as previous vid - don't know if your enlarged action has anything to do with that?

It looks like you could make nets still easier for yourself by taking it earlier - see 1.33 where you connect at knee level even though you were not rushed. If you're trying to add a bit of deception, the take-back needs to be quicker to imitate a lift.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't know where those masses of net errors came from last time. Usually, I don't make too many mistakes there, and this vid is actually slightly above the norm in that regard (I can't remember an actual net error). Played with my BS12 this time, which is lighter and more responsive in defense and net play, so maybe that was a factor. Definitely influenced my smash timing which was cause of a few unnecessary errors.
    Anyhow, thanks for commenting

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey ,

Can I just say that your technique , movement , footwork are all good , you been coached well. Everything is there for you to become a good player . However, you need to focus (mentally stronger) especially when you are tired , if that concentration goes ; your shots will miss by inches ....and would cost you the match. Also once that focus is gone , you shot selection will go off the radar as well. In addition, if you are focus , your reading of the game /reaction to the shuttle will be a split -second quicker and that is the different between winning and losing.

So my advice is focus and when you are mentally exhausted and physically tired , have a few sips of Red-Bull ,a bottle of Lucozade and a few bananas , that should keep you going at tip-top form for hours ! ........

Also , the determination to win (every point) is the most important aspect , I say

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks. There's not many clubs with coaching around here, so it's a little hard to actually get any. I've had to do a lot of the work myself, often by watching coaching videos and professional competition to get the technique down and filming myself sometimes to actually see for myself what has improved and what needs most work....hearing that the technical aspects look good is a relief

I know that lack of focus/irritation with errors are big flaws in my game and often drag me down. However, I haven't found a way to improve that....it seems to have gotten better by itself, but in some matches, I still fall back into complaining about my own mistakes and let irritation get the better of me, especially when the opponent/s seem/s to be less skilled.
    I'll try and have an isotonic drink ready next time though

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is my singles match at the Canadian Open Grand Prix Gold against Sergiy Shatenko.

I know that I am not consistent, I did get beat horribly I know that, you don't have to point that out. I know that I lost and you can say that I am not at his level because I know that I am not. He is ranked higher than me (242 vs 362) but that doesn't matter, there is a large level difference for sure. He is smoother, faster, more powerful, more consistent than me for sure. I didn't play the right strategy against him, wasn't smooth, was tense, yes all that is apparent, to big a split step yes I can see that and still haven't fixed it which is very unsettling, I also see there are times I didn't get behind the shuttle yes.

All I can do is learn from this, move forward and try to improve as a player.

Its super tough when I feel like I preformed better earlier this year in Asia in Vietnam and Osaka Internationals only to get beat this bad by a player and even in my recent performance at the US Open. I cant compete with players at this level yet and need to do a lot more before I can. I have all the respect for Sergiy he is an amazing player and has beaten some top ranked players in the world, I just wish I could have done better. Well enough wishing, time to work for it.

Last edited by nbonkowsky; 07-12-2012 at 04:01 AM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hi nic

as you already said, you're opponent moves much smoother than you do. but why?
    i think you do a lot of "unnecessary" movement. your split step is too high, when you move you have a lot of moving up and down. despite the fact that you're a quick guy, these movements slow you down.

i think your "center of gravity" is too high. keeping your whole body in a bit lower position (more down in your knees) might help you to be faster and more efficient. like a wild cat before it jumps. you know what i mean?

here's a vid, where the player near to us is in a very low position, he barely moves up and down, just glides over the court (ok, he gets badly beaten by marc zwiebler, but that's not the point...). he has a very deep neutral position, his split steps are not jumps (like you do them). this is maybe a bit over-exaggerated, but you might think about changing your footwork a little bit in that direction.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39qREkPaFfY

Page 85 of 129 FirstFirst ... 35 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 ... LastLast