User Tag List

Page 76 of 131 FirstFirst ... 26 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 126 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,292 of 2221
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@nbonkowsky - Damn you're good!!! I think I might be able to get 1 single point off you (and that's only cuz you're injured and you made an error and you took pity on me). Looking forward to more vids from ya.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i don't play quite at your level, but 2 things you might at least think about:
    1. he pretty much dominates you at the net! maybe you should have build up your game more around some decent clears and then drop when in good position.
    especially when you return his service with a net shot, he's always is there and outplays you easily. maybe some more fast pushes to his backhand would be worth trying.
    2. i have the impression that you move a little bit too hasty (don't know a better word...). seems like you bounce a little too much and have too much (unneccesary) movement. maybe you could try to move a bit more fluently? know what i mean?

of course it's pretty hard against such a good player to have to play without any smashes...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good stuff Nick, can't wait until we play again

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Singles in training. Game 1&2 of 4. A bit error-prone, but I'll chalk that up to the 2,5hrs of play before that and the 8hrs the days before
    Oh, and turn down the volume. Forgot to do that while editing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You really didn't start making a LOT errors until the second game shown. After you got frustrated, it went all downhill from there. I have the same problem with frustration when I make errors too =(. Sometimes you just gotta push through it. I tend to go for safer shots when I know I'm in a frustrated mood. Even if it's not always the right shot, it helps my own confidence to know that I'm making fewer stupid mistakes when I shouldn't be. I'm known in the club as a rather inconsistent player because of this. Some days are great, some are bad, it depends really on how I handle my frustration. In fact it's still somewhat of a problem, though I'm much less of a hot head than I used to be.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hi j4ckie
    some remarks:
    you're too slow on court. you have some really nice shots, especially when it comes to netplay, if you're early enough! when you have enough time, you can nicely outplay your opponent with your nice technical skills (as said, especially at the net). but often times you're just too late. especially in the backcourt, you often hit the shuttle too far behind the body because you're too late. as a consequence your timing is bad and you don't play as consistent as you wish. i think your lack of consistency is really due to your footwork.
    so i would suggest to really work hard on that aspect of the game, because i think your footwork is far below your technical skills, which are good! so next training, better invest 15min in some drills instead of playing another round of effortless doubles...
    no offense, just my opinion. i think you have a lot of potential if you invest more in the athletic aspects of the game!

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by |_Footwork_| View Post
    hi j4ckie
    some remarks:
    you're too slow on court. you have some really nice shots, especially when it comes to netplay, if you're early enough! when you have enough time, you can nicely outplay your opponent with your nice technical skills (as said, especially at the net). but often times you're just too late. especially in the backcourt, you often hit the shuttle too far behind the body because you're too late. as a consequence your timing is bad and you don't play as consistent as you wish. i think your lack of consistency is really due to your footwork.
    so i would suggest to really work hard on that aspect of the game, because i think your footwork is far below your technical skills, which are good! so next training, better invest 15min in some drills instead of playing another round of effortless doubles...
    no offense, just my opinion. i think you have a lot of potential if you invest more in the athletic aspects of the game!
    Thank you. Although it isn't exactly news to me, it's good to hear it again from time to time, and it's kind of motivating that my technical skills are seen as so much better, as that is where I see the limits in many players.

Game 3&4 - pretty much a reversal of 1&2

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by j4ckie View Post
    Thank you. Although it isn't exactly news to me, it's good to hear it again from time to time, and it's kind of motivating that my technical skills are seen as so much better, as that is where I see the limits in many players.

of course it's nice to be seen as having good technical skills. but (especially in singles) athletic skills and consistency are equally (if not more!!) important!
    you make so many mistakes, that a good consistent player will easily overrun you by just playing the shuttle back and wait for your mistakes.
    but again: that can be learned and you seem motivated enough to work on your (athletical) skills. i think that will REALLY help you to become much better!
    or like my teammate would say: "arsch hoch und vollgas!!"

(bad translation: "get your ass up and full speed.")

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by |_Footwork_| View Post
    of course it's nice to be seen as having good technical skills. but (especially in singles) athletic skills and consistency are equally (if not more!!) important!
    you make so many mistakes, that a good consistent player will easily overrun you by just playing the shuttle back and wait for your mistakes.
    but again: that can be learned and you seem motivated enough to work on your (athletical) skills. i think that will REALLY help you to become much better!
    or like my teammate would say: "arsch hoch und vollgas!!"

(bad translation: "get your ass up and full speed.")
    Nice quote!
    Although I would argue that in doubles, technique and tacitcal awareness are way more important. If I can play a good return or have a good serve&3rd shot, I win the attack for my partner and the opponents are under pressure, so their athletic ability won't help them much.
    Anyhow, I got my ass up yesterday and spent a (sightly short) session playing singles & 2v1 and I really really notice it today -.-"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi all, it has been a while since i posted a video of me playing ^^ Can you comment on it?

I did a lot of easy errors but my opponent did a lot more! Won the match quite easily.
    Last edited by akatsuki2104; 12-18-2011 at 01:43 PM.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@nbonkowsky

One thing I noticed that is different between your game and your opponents and a lot of higher level players - your split drop. It is much higher and takes much longer. If you make your jump much smaller, even virtually remove it so you are barely off the ground for the split, then the process is much quicker. Ultimately you can wait longer on the shot on be wrong footed less.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you for the comments, I agree that is something in my game that has to change since it is pretty big at times which limits my explosive movement. I do have to be more explosive to be able to move quicker on the get go and get their early.

The good news is the hand is healing so maybe another month or so till its 100% again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry posted the same video twice, here's the second one:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, now I've managed to post the same video thrice. Oops :L

Anyway, here's the 2nd video:

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

your clears are all very short.

you get caught out a lot with fast pushes to rear corners - no split drop to help your movement.

lots of unforced errors.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by akatsuki2104 View Post
    Hi all, it has been a while since i posted a video of me playing ^^ Can you comment on it?

I did a lot of easy errors but my opponent did a lot more! Won the match quite easily.
    How about me? I'm the one in white