User Tag List

Page 90 of 128 FirstFirst ... 40 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 ... LastLast
Results 1,514 to 1,530 of 2160
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by |_Footwork_| View Post
    don't get me wrong, your standard is certainly quite a bit above jackies (no offense against jackie intended, he has improved quite a lot in the last months!!).
    I'd love to test that theory That last doubles match was certainly not up to our standard. But to be fair, that was mostly the opponents' fault....those serves were AWFUL. Looked like our 6th or 7th team :/
    I have a hunch you'd beat me in singles though, Andy - if you're ever in Germany, gimme a heads-up

Anyhow, thanks for the positive feedback, Footwork. I was pleasantly surprised that my racket wasn't quite down to my ankles most of the time, which had been pointed out in the earlier vids, and will try to work on my defense a little more. First and foremost, though, is footwork and strength training.
    Last edited by j4ckie; 10-02-2012 at 10:44 AM.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

PS: The shoes have adequate support, what throws me off is the super-stiff sole, which is too high in the front. It's also got the awful "rebound" dampening, which (while perhaps slightly beneficial to the performance) is not the best for my legs. The Victor shoes had a much thinner sole at the front and a softer, cushioning dampening in the heel area. Very very comfortable, and even though the sole was thinner than the SHB-86s, they were easier on the legs. Kind of underlines my opinion of Yonex shoes being rubbish. I'll give these another week, but if I still have the feeling of wearing steel-toed boots then, I'll get myself another pair of the SH9000.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

didn't try these orange ones, but just had the yellow yonex shoes (SHB-92M). they were not bad, but now i'm back to the good old SHB101/102. they are perfect for me (fwiw: i'm a bit taller and heavier, too). they are certainly worth a test!
    had some victors and they were quite good as well, despite the fact that i ruined them pretty fast. imho, there's no big difference between the newer victor and yonex models concerning quality, just try what fits best to your feet.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

didn't try these orange ones, but just had the yellow yonex shoes (SHB-92M). they were not bad, but now i'm back to the good old SHB101/102. they are perfect for me (fwiw: i'm a bit taller and heavier, too). they are certainly worth a test!
    had some victors and they were quite good as well, despite the fact that i ruined them pretty fast. imho, there's no big difference between the newer victor and yonex models concerning quality, just try what fits best to your feet.
    I've already ordered the next pair of SH9000 - they were perfect for me. No shoe has survived longer than 3,5 months so far, be it Yonex or Victor.....durability seems to be just the same
    For my size, I'm actually not all that heavy. With being sick 3 weeks and getting back into training 1,5 weeks ago I've lost 6kg (83->77)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you look a bit heavier, must be the muscles that makes you look heavy...
    i'm slightly over 80kg. badminton shoes are probably made for 55kg small people, otherwise i can't explain the fact that they are broke that fast...

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I drag my left foot when I lunge, so they keep getting holes at the tip.... Not exactly sure what muscle you're talking about though

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

are you trying to do something against that dragging?
    i used to have that "problem" some years ago, but somehow it disappeared, don't know why... (bad people say i don't run that much anymore, that's why my shoes last longer, that's of course a rude lie...)

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

are you trying to do something against that dragging?
    i used to have that "problem" some years ago, but somehow it disappeared, don't know why... (bad people say i don't run that much anymore, that's why my shoes last longer, that's of course a rude lie...)
    Not exactly. The way I move my left foot is actually the easiest on the foot, ankle and knee, so the only thing I can do (and actually do^^) is to get back into strength training so my right leg can hold those lunges easier and deeper. That way I won't drag my foot quite as much. Flexibility is also on the list of things to improve, as I dont get the right leg quite as far in front of me as I'd like.
    It's a long list

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd agree that that much weight loss will make you very quick compared to what you used to be, can you pass it on in a letter to me or something? I check in at 88 kg now O_o. Hoping to get back down to near 82 to improve my quickness. (I was over 90 when i stopped playing/ training). I go through shoes every 6 months, they don't break, just the soles get squashed beyond elasticity.

If you want flexibility, do stretches after every match 15 seconds minimum per hold- it helps your recovery the next day so much. & Your court mobility improves even more, 75% people can't even squat properly.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AimUk View Post
    I'd agree that that much weight loss will make you very quick compared to what you used to be, can you pass it on in a letter to me or something? I check in at 88 kg now O_o. Hoping to get back down to near 82 to improve my quickness. (I was over 90 when i stopped playing/ training). I go through shoes every 6 months, they don't break, just the soles get squashed beyond elasticity.

If you want flexibility, do stretches after every match 15 seconds minimum per hold- it helps your recovery the next day so much. & Your court mobility improves even more, 75% people can't even squat properly.
    Actually I'm a tad slower because 1-2kg are muscle... But to remain positive - I can get that back, and hopefully not the blubber
    Oh, and AimUK - what helps me is eating nothing but quark/curd cheese with fruit after training (which is late in the evening - if you train earlier, this doesn't apply^^). Gets you the protein needed to recover without anything that could find it's way to your hips

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

asics gel blade III most indestructible shoe I have had so far. I nearly put a hole in some yonex budget shoes after 3 sessions with my back leg drag.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by amleto View Post
    asics gel blade III most indestructible shoe I have had so far. I nearly put a hole in some yonex budget shoes after 3 sessions with my back leg drag.
    Also no side support whatsoever around the ankle^^ Had to change after 2 months, more and more pain in the ankle and surrounding tendons...but very high durability. Probably would've lasted 5-7 months (can see some wear in that front area already^^)

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by j4ckie View Post
    Also no side support whatsoever around the ankle^^ Had to change after 2 months, more and more pain in the ankle and surrounding tendons...but very high durability. Probably would've lasted 5-7 months (can see some wear in that front area already^^)
    Interesting you say that. I've just pulled an achilles whilst wearing asics. I've never paid attention to anything other than grip level before, but now maybe I will need to. (fyi yonex > asics for grip)

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by amleto View Post
    Interesting you say that. I've just pulled an achilles whilst wearing asics. I've never paid attention to anything other than grip level before, but now maybe I will need to. (fyi yonex > asics for grip)
    They're low-fitting and very soft around the heel area. Yonex&Victor shoes are much more stable and also higher.....interesting that no one other than Li Ning has even one model like Lin Dans Basketball-like shoes.....btw, that might be worth looking into. Quite a few ppl, especially bigger guys, like to wear Basketball shoes (both because they are available in decent size and usually offer good stability and grip), Nike Kobe VII look interesting. If I wasn't so happy with my SH9000, I'd give those a try by now Very disconcerting though that Germany is the only country paying premium prices for them. In the US and HK they cost 130USD as opposed to 130-140€ here

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A training session with a coach, doing some drills. I'm the one with the green t-shirt. I had some problems with timing with some of the drills, but other than that, it shows pretty much how I play. Comments are welcomed, of course.

Last edited by jajvirta; 10-10-2012 at 04:46 AM. Reason: embedded the video

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I made a separate video in slow motion of the smash drill part:

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The slow motion part makes it quite easy to see that you are not hitting the shuttle in the right position which results in your arm not being able to travel correctly.
    You need to hit the shuttle above your head, not meter to your left.
    You should to a chopping motion bringing your elbow downwards not sidewards.
    Look at this video where to hit the shuttle and how the elbow should move:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNVC5PVJyPQ

W
    hen smashing you are often landing with the wrong foot forward, making it to harder to get fast to the net. When doing the smashes in this exercise your should land with your racket foot forward.