User Tag List

Page 106 of 129 FirstFirst ... 6 56 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 ... LastLast
Results 1,786 to 1,802 of 2177
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by visor View Post
    And serves are the easiest shots to practice and drill... don't even need a partner, only a dozen birds and a court.
    A serve is undoubtedly very important and deciding in a rally, especially in doubles. From my experience, I can be very consistent with BH low serves in training sessions but I found the biggest problem for me is when I feel under pressure, I tend to get easily fail to do it

In a deciding points, tournaments and any other tight/thrilling games, a mental strength and focus are more important to execute a good serve.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

^ During serve practice, I add pressure to myself by telling myself it has to be less than 2 inches over the net and within 4 inches inside the court in 6 consecutive serves. If not, then I repeat until I can get it right 6 serves in a row.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by j4ckie View Post
    The thing is that he'll basically need to re-learn the BH serve. The way he plays it it's practically impossible to get a good, accurate consistent low serve. Well, I'll just ask him
    Second weakness of his is the defensive play. He's always very committed to one side, cost us another couple points. My weaknesses are up for discussion
    It hurts you as a pair to have such a disparity with serving consistency, so I think you're definitely right to bring this up with him, just be tactful :P

I had the same thing with my doubles partner - however he was always aware his serve was dodgy, and we know eachother well off court so a few jokes about it pushed him in the right direction!

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, let's hope he takes it the right way I actually saw him in training yesterday but just forgot to bring it up

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another tournament with the same partner - didn't have a chance to bring up the service topic in training before, and it would've been too close to the tournament anyway to change it
    The match after the recorded one was actually a tad better, but this one was pretty decent too. Still getting my calves back to normal, Achilles tendon is faring much better now. Still not able to train as much as usual though :/

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My singles match from the 2013 US Open GPG going on right now, round 64 main draw. Ended up loosing 21-19, 12-21, 17-21. The 2nd game he destroyed me he had a cannon of a smash and I was hitting way to short when clearing/lifting. 3rd game I had a 9 point come back from 8-18 to 17-18 but then just couldn't keep it going to finish out the match. Simple mistakes killed me the beginning of the 3rd.

I am the player in red in the video, starting on the far side.

Match Stats:

http://www.tournamentsoftware.com/sp...99048&match=78

Last edited by nbonkowsky; 07-09-2013 at 12:43 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hi there... new in the forum... i just recently joined a tourney but i dont know if the video of me and my partner can help in other way around if i share it with you. we are in intermediate level only.
    but i also have video of mens double during their play in our last tourney.

happy to be part of the forum..

happy smashing!!!

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually linking a video would be a nice first step

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here's the second game which is focused on me playing.
    This match is against my older brother hahaha

I'm the one playing in the black top and red shorts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by j4ckie View Post
    Actually linking a video would be a nice first step
    Thanks j4ckie... ill try to upload it...
    Thanks....

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dear drew tze en, some things I noticed.

At the beginning if you recieve a shop at the net area at the side of your racket hand, your back of the hand is facing upwards. That's infective. You must twist your arm too much and can't do a variation of netshots. If you hold you racket in this situation the other way, you can vary your shots more and do thinks like a crosscourt netdrop, crosscourt lift and deceptive shots.

IMO, you had to work a bit on your drop shot from the rear court. I seems that they are slow, travel to high over the net and land to deep in your opponents court.

Your Smash is good, but sometimes you get not really good angles and looks like the shuttle travel nearly to the backline. Maybe it's the position of the cam.

I think, that it was a relaxed game for you, because it doesn't seem that you are under pressure, because your opponent is weaker than you.
    Seeing you, the whole court incl. your opponent and a better opponent would be nicer to review, because we can say anything about your tatics, quickness etc. E.g. if you smash, I can't see if it's a good situation to finish the rally with a smash or the defence of your opponent is weak.
    Last edited by ucantseeme; 07-28-2013 at 02:38 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ucantseeme View Post

At the beginning if you recieve a shop at the net area at the side of your racket hand, your back of the hand is facing upwards. That's infective. You must twist your arm too much and can't do a variation of netshots. If you hold you racket in this situation the other way, you can vary your shots more and do thinks like a crosscourt netdrop, crosscourt lift and deceptive shots.

IMO, you had to work a bit on your drop shot from the rear court. I seems that they are slow, travel to high over the net and land to deep in your opponents court.

Your Smash is good, but sometimes you get not really good angles and looks like the shuttle travel nearly to the backline. Maybe it's the position of the cam.

I think, that it was a relaxed game for you, because it doesn't seem that you are under pressure, because your opponent is weaker than you.
    Seeing you, the whole court incl. your opponent and a better opponent would be nicer to review, because we can say anything about your tatics, quickness etc. E.g. if you smash, I can't see if it's a good situation to finish the rally with a smash or the defence of your opponent is weak.
    Wow....hi ucantseeme..maybe you can also help us on how we can improve our play in the court on our video....

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by angelk8 View Post
    Wow....hi ucantseeme..maybe you can also help us on how we can improve our play in the court on our video....
    In order for people to help you, you have to upload sth first. When there's no video, we can't comment on it...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hi j4ckie.. i know im just having a hard time uploading it.... sorry!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ucantseeme View Post

Ah, Thank you for commenting, I've been waiting for it

Drop shots aren't my forte, I have lots of trouble, trying to find right timing and do it consistently.
    I understand, I'll keep that in mind, when I'm recording other videos

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

@j4ckie
    You call your latest video decent? Both of you have played better before. And your partner's serve still needs to be worked on.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well before the tournament we had one session together
    And yeah, I've played better before. Both these players play in the 3rd division though, which is one below the 2 national ones....with that in mind the first game was decent^^
    Since that tournament I've been spending so much time doing rehab or nothing that any non-horrible game is a godsend these days, so maybe I'm looking at it through pink glasses
    Annoyingly enough, I've picked up a non-badminton-related injury to my left shoulder which might (with some bad luck) need surgery. That would be the ultimate end of any training ambition this year as surgery would require full anasthesia and a couple of weeks of rehab before I'd be able to train again.....certainly glad it's my left shoulder though!