User Tag List

Page 115 of 129 FirstFirst ... 15 65 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 LastLast
Results 1,939 to 1,955 of 2177
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OhSearsTower View Post
    i wanna be able to make that shot at 1:19 how can i learn it? ^^ is it just a very well trained and strong arm and wrist or some special grip or technique?
    can't find anything special!?
    what do you mean?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is my video from a 18 months back, I am the bald guy in the maroon t shirt, I am playing with my regular partner. I was just coming back from a knee injury (from then to now I have lost 25 pounds which has helped me in movements etc). Feed back will be greatly appreciated, especially with respect to techniques and doubles strategies. (Ignore the music one of my friends was playing around with video options and it is cheesy )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=un5Er...ature=youtu.be

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am probably an intermediate player, this video is 18 months old I was just back from a knee injury, from then till now I have lost 20 pounds and have started moving better, I am playing with my regular partner so any tips with respect to rotations, techniques/flaws would be greatly appreciated. (Pls ignore the music, it is cheesy and I dont have any video editing experience to remove that.) Thanks for watching. I am the bald guy in a marron t shirt.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=un5Er82AcCw

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by triam View Post
    I am probably an intermediate player, this video is 18 months old I was just back from a knee injury, from then till now I have lost 20 pounds and have started moving better, I am playing with my regular partner so any tips with respect to rotations, techniques/flaws would be greatly appreciated. (Pls ignore the music, it is cheesy and I dont have any video editing experience to remove that.) Thanks for watching. I am the bald guy in a marron t shirt.

Video is private

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Exert View Post
    Video is private
    Thanks Exert, first time uploading to youtube, made it public.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Exert, first time uploading to youtube, made it public.
    No problem (: going to watch now

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sometimes you're slow on getting back on the court when your opponent is clearing it to you after yo smash, you should always have your ready stance and your racquet up, sometimes you have your racquet down and standing like a stick :0, just a suggestion but this isn't entirely right but you should short serve more against a smashing opponent because if you serve high they're just going to kill that shuttle right at you D:, I'm not very good either just this is my perspective.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Exert View Post
    Sometimes you're slow on getting back on the court when your opponent is clearing it to you after yo smash, you should always have your ready stance and your racquet up, sometimes you have your racquet down and standing like a stick :0, just a suggestion but this isn't entirely right but you should short serve more against a smashing opponent because if you serve high they're just going to kill that shuttle right at you D:, I'm not very good either just this is my perspective.
    Thanks I will keep that in mind,

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks I will keep that in mind,
    No problem (: have fun

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Trinhity View Post
    I'm not a pro or even close to the best, but here are 2 videos I have available for those who may be interested in watching:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OT0jKcem_n8
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wFjYBf6t2w
    Before the rally really begins, just by looking at the size of your legs, how to wipe the floor with your shoes, your wiggling, and your posture, I already know something good is coming...

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ugh. As I missed the last match of 2013 thanks to a particularly persistent cold and some more calf troubles, I decided to tape a bit of 2014's first training session. It doesn't really make anyone look good - slow movement, questionable shot choices, and girly smashes galore, and that's just my problems!

Anyhow, for those interested, here it is. Yesterday went much better already, I hope Sunday's matches are back to a decent level (by my standard, at least). Gonna try and tape some of those as well, let's see if there's really a difference or if I just got used to the slow pace

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTsEs6PgzZA

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

^ ouch, does Maklike know that you're making White Label look bad with those girlie smashes?

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by visor View Post
    ^ ouch, does Maklike know that you're making White Label look bad with those girlie smashes?
    It's not his racket, so he could either argue I wouldn't smash quite as badly with one of his toys, or he could decide skipping me when a prototype comes to Europe for testing
    I guess it was mostly an issue of timing and commitment (upper body rotation especially) - yesterday they weren't quite as pitiful anymore

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by j4ckie View Post
    Ugh. As I missed the last match of 2013 thanks to a particularly persistent cold and some more calf troubles, I decided to tape a bit of 2014's first training session. It doesn't really make anyone look good - slow movement, questionable shot choices, and girly smashes galore, and that's just my problems!

Anyhow, for those interested, here it is. Yesterday went much better already, I hope Sunday's matches are back to a decent level (by my standard, at least). Gonna try and tape some of those as well, let's see if there's really a difference or if I just got used to the slow pace

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTsEs6PgzZA

Your smash two things, you sliced all in the first 10mins dunno if that was intentional but you losing lots of power if your not catching flush, second, you need to work on preparation for your smash to help concentrate the power, (you do no pause + position). Pause will help with timing problem too

One other thing, I see many players doing this problem. 7.58 you play a flattish clear then just stay in the position of right foot far in front "posing". He catches you out on forehand side because it's slow for you to defend that side due to you foot position. If you play a flat straight/short clear like that remember burst of speed to jump back into a ready position so you can defend it well. 9 times in 10 if you play that shot it is gonna be put straight back at you really quickly.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by craigandy View Post
    Your smash two things, you sliced all in the first 10mins dunno if that was intentional but you losing lots of power if your not catching flush, second, you need to work on preparation for your smash to help concentrate the power, (you do no pause + position). Pause will help with timing problem too

One other thing, I see many players doing this problem. 7.58 you play a flattish clear then just stay in the position of right foot far in front "posing". He catches you out on forehand side because it's slow for you to defend that side due to you foot position. If you play a flat straight/short clear like that remember burst of speed to jump back into a ready position so you can defend it well. 9 times in 10 if you play that shot it is gonna be put straight back at you really quickly.
    Thanks! About the slice - I do a lot of sliced drops, but in doubles, when I smash I really want to hit it fast, so I guess it was unintentional. The timing was because of the 3 weeks break, it was way better yesterday and I hope I won't mistime any or at least very few shots Sunday. I really need to work on my footwork again, your point about me not preparing my smash is spot on, but that is because I usually don't have the time to do that. Gonna do more gym work again, and when my calf&Achilles pain is gone completely more courtwork as well.
    The point about the defense is spot on as well, but that is proving hard to correct as I'm not doing that on purpose. Really have a long list of things to work on, I can only hope I get to do all of it

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Double post.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by j4ckie View Post
    Thanks! About the slice - I do a lot of sliced drops, but in doubles, when I smash I really want to hit it fast, so I guess it was unintentional. The timing was because of the 3 weeks break, it was way better yesterday and I hope I won't mistime any or at least very few shots Sunday. I really need to work on my footwork again, your point about me not preparing my smash is spot on, but that is because I usually don't have the time to do that. Gonna do more gym work again, and when my calf&Achilles pain is gone completely more courtwork as well.
    The point about the defense is spot on as well, but that is proving hard to correct as I'm not doing that on purpose. Really have a long list of things to work on, I can only hope I get to do all of it
    Good luck, coming back after filling your boots at christmas is always hard. I think it may help if you think more about why you are playing your shots and that shot in particular in order to anticipate the reply. That flat/short clear is a good shot to play in the sense that he can't smash it steep and it is hard for him to control a clear back(although he could) so almost you play this to lure him in to a flat drive back whilst you are mid front court. You lured him perfectly but couldn't complete because you were still not ready even though you kinda new what was gonna happen one shot before.