Things that i want to share.........

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by shooting stroke, Apr 9, 2009.

1. shooting stroke

shooting stroke Regular Member

Professional / Badminton Coach
    Dear BC members,

I just want to share MY secrets /thoughts/inner beleive/mindset/...or whatever terminology that you want to call it.......... about what my old coach taught me (long long time ago....in a badminton court far far away...)about badminton that........ i think....... personally has help me quite alot............No No NoNo....it is not about i'm wearing shorts while addictively glued to this forum.......or also it has nothing to do with footwork (damned i hate this topic............unless cammilia is my coach ;)), not about hitting techniques (smashes, strokes,netting, bla bla bla bla..............) or racket selection (p/s to my son: please use a torchlight if u r going to the basement while searching for father AT700... o.k)...........but those small, small, small, microscopic meticulous, we thought irrelevant, unaware brainwave behaviour that actually CAN give some added value while playing................and maybe u also have some that u want to share with........

1. Long long time ago: After playing a stroke/smash etc.....my right forearm posture will automatically put my racket frame down under my waist level.....its a habit u know........sometimes the racket frame even touched the court....
    After my old coach karate me at my rigt forearm :crying:: My racket frame now is at level with my face. With this ready to hit position...i can improve my reflexes as the distance needed for the racket frame to travel and hit the shuttle is far more shorter as to compare if it is situated far down below..........

2. Long long time ago: I use to have a habit where if my opponent already gaining one point and another......i still force myself to comfront it......
    After my coach karate my forehead:crying::crying:: If in a match...if involved in a similar situation...especially if my oppponent manage to get straight 3 points........i will take a quick break (ask permission to the umpire if it is in a tournament or your opponent if it is just a social game.....if cannot......you karate them also.........hahahahahaha)....take a deep breath..relax....or do whatever necessary action to calm down yourself............the purpose for this is to break yourself out from this nutshell/coccoon and try to begin a new chapter ........

3. Long long time ago: While playing, if my opponent make a mistake by hitting the shuttle into the net...i will voluntarily take the shuttle from his court........
    After my old coach and his wife flying kick me from the back:crying::crying::crying:: Until the shuttle is not being pick up by your opponent....let be like that......no matter how long does it take......the umpire won't scold you......because it is not your mistake...............the reason for doing this is actually,you can take the this opportunistic time.....if possible......to inhale as much oxygen possible before the next point......

2. hhwoot

hhwoot Regular Member

Graduate Student
    So.....your..........secret.......is.....that...."violence....is always...the......answer."

3. yankiat

yankiat Regular Member

LOL!

I do agree with you shooting stroke.. the above 3 things really matter in a badminton game.. :)

and your coach so fierce.. karate here and there.. haha

4. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

haha, quite interesting stuff to share there:p

5. Monster

Monster Regular Member

w.....o......w....!

6. lorus_blue

lorus_blue Regular Member

yaaah....! that's great!

7. Andy05

Andy05 Regular Member

Badminton Geek
    lol, some interesting ideas.
    But I don't agree with the third. If you are fit enough to continue to play and your opponent is tired, if you take the shuttle you can get ready to serve and rush the opponent to keep them tired.
    Or just kick him...

8. NanoBatien

NanoBatien Regular Member

Surely number 2 is bad sportsmanship, slowing the game down when you are losing. I know pros do it, but it doesnt mean its good. Ive seen a pro video where someone got yellowcarded for doing it?

9. gamepurpose

gamepurpose Regular Member

unemployeed
    yea number 2 and number 3 is kind not cool. i agree with nano because itz just bad sportsmanship. and 3, you pick up the bird for them or for you is because u're a nice guy. being a nice person will make other thing different from you. For tournament, maybeeee do the number 3 only. But friendly game, then what is the point. It is just a game dont take it so serious and use all the TRICKS to win the game.

10. TheBear

TheBear Regular Member

Depends on the setting.
    In a tournament, accept that gamesmanship will be used against you, and you must use it too. Ok, it's a game and all that, but get over it. Learn to use it and deal with it, or get used to losing.
    Social games/club nights are friendly, and so gamesmanship has no place and should not be tolerated.

11. RacketlonCanada

RacketlonCanada Regular Member

Racketlon.ca webmaster
    Here's some interesting points you must play decently but I find "odd" your fascination with karate.

12. thejym

thejym Regular Member

Haha that was a fun read. Now if someone would karate me like that I would probably get rid of my bad habits pretty quickly...

13. gamepurpose

gamepurpose Regular Member

unemployeed
    i guess thebear really want to win win and win all the time. Let's just say do watever it takes? then mind as well always smash and aim at the opponent head when u're up at the net. And say "oh sorry, i meant that, i wanted to win"
    woowwwww. Or here one good way to end the game quick, throw the racquet at them and say "oops sorry, it slipped"
    Dude, badminton suppose to be fun and exercise. Not a MUST WIN thing. Sure winning give you a good feeling, but damn dont have to use dirty stuffs, especially agaisnt your friends.
    And one more important thing, you should consider yourself lucky to have somebody to play agaisnt with. So respect them, and be nice.