Clone / Fake Rackets

Discussion in 'Identify Fake Racket (Price/Source/Serial/Photos a' started by aikakira, Apr 10, 2009.

1. aikakira

aikakira Regular Member

Student
    Hey guys,

I happened to come across some information when I was searching for some nice shuttles (found them in the end, WECAN gold Goose feather $55 RMB) but also I learnt alot about fake / clone rackets.

In china there are about 5-6 different types of these rackets on the market, the ones you see on ebay selling for aroun 20-30 GBP are the lowest grade ones where nothing is at all good.

The top range of these types of rackets are ones they call "Orginial Manufacturers Racket" where the racket is a real yonex racket from Japan where the people who make the rackets make more than they are supposed to. These rackets are then shipped off to china for painting.

I located a seller who is sending me 2 rackets, Arc9 and Nano 9900, each costing around 30 quid without postage. The rackets are actually GUARANTEED to hold upto 32 lbs of tension. The rackets actually come with 500 day warranty!!

You may ask why these sellers dont sell to other countries with these rackets, most of them have enough business in china already but the shipping also costs a bomb, EMS in china is somewhere around 280 RMB for the first 0.5kg and then 70 thereafter for each 0.5kg. The shipping is almost the same price as the racket! after all the currency change etc the consumer has nearly paid for a genuine racket.

Anyhow, I thought i'd share this info with everyone and I will see if these rackets feel anything close to the real ones or are they just bluffing.

Thank you for reading guys!

2. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Ok, ok... How you proof all such and such are true which backed up by legit legal terms?

What about I claim that I give you 10 "super Yonex" racket, everyone takes up to 64lbs, and come with life time un-conditional warranty? Then, good luck if u can every claim the warranty when something does happen in the future? By then, you can cry all you want, while I am still busy counting $$$ and laugh my head off.

Also, even if all quality and service are all true. Then, why they get "extra" racket for free? Because they stole them? Or, they are taking advantage on other's mistake or lost? Either way, you are promoting a crime... :mad:

3. silentheart

silentheart Regular Member

1) There are members here visited Yonex factory in Japan. Yes, when an auth. Yonex print "Made in Japan", it is made in Japan from beginning to the end.
    2) Yonex has a factory in Taiwan to make mid to lower level racquets.
    3) For the lowest end racquet, Yonex contract factory to make the steel head racquet you see people use is back yard. So yes, your seller can claim his/her racquet is made from a contract factory in China.
    4) Please let us know if the racquets you recieve is ????.

4. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    that is just another story which is full of holes that u and many others do not recognize.

5. Danstevens

Danstevens Regular Member

Student
    I could tell you that I was selling a Ferrari at half the price. It had been stolen from the Maranello factory just before painting and finished somewhere else. Anyone can say that. In reality, I could sell you a Toyota Prius with a bodykit or anything. This is the same situation as the sellers of these fakes. What they say may not (and in fact, probably won't be) what you get. Chances are, they've been made at next to no cost in a Chinese sweatshop with no quality control. If you want a piece of it, go for it.

I could also say that said Ferrari would only need servicing once every 50,000 miles. Whether that would be true or not would remain to be seen, until that is, it broke down on your second day of ownership after travelling just a mile away from home. This can be likened to the fake breaking very soon after purchase and you being powerless to get your money back. I'm not saying this will be the case but it could be, that's just a risk you take with fakes.

Now also, think of the victims. Truly talented people at Yonex working really hard to develop new racket technologies only for the fakers to clone the looks and sell a racket with no quality control at a quarter of the price. Yonex put all the work in and lose market share over it. Is that right? Think about the morality of buying fakes please.

6. aikakira

aikakira Regular Member

Student
    Thank you everyone for your reply!

I am not trying to promote the crime, just curious how true what they claim is. In reality we will never know if what they say is true or if its just bluffing, I will find out soon when I recieve it anyway ^^.

Yonex spent so much in developing rackets yes, and the people who worked hard to produce them yes but how much of the story do we fully understand? I mean, for all we know Yonex is paying the workers crap wages therefore this is where they are trying to find some cash back but obivously it can work the other, they just want more cash.

Apacs is very reputable here in the forum but how do you know they aren't also doing the same, just getting someone to paint the racket with similiar colours and just change the logo? (I'm just sugguesting btw not that they are doing it)

Im sorry to have provoked people here but I was curious how these rackets are and the quality that they have, I myself have bought 6 original Yonex's and claimed one before, but to my knowledge not many people can succeed in claims with Yonex.

However I am sorry to have angered you guys

7. Danstevens

Danstevens Regular Member

Student
    As said above, chances are, not very true at all.

Apacs have quality control measures and they feel different to their Yonex counterparts. If they were stolen from the Yonex factory like the story with a lot of fakes goes, they would feel exactly the same. Also, Apacs make their own rackets which are better than their clone lines. Apacs are a great brand and you'll struggle to find many people (especially here) who disagree. Perhaps at some point, someone should do a roundup of Yonex rackets - a JP coded racket, a non-JP coded racket and a fake and see how they perform.