User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Do you string at the average or the main tension?

I'm sure this has been discussed before, but I haven't been able to find anything using the search function. I was wondering, if a friend asks me to string at say 24lbs, should I string at 23x25lbs (average = 24lbs) or should I string at 24x26lbs (main = 24lbs)?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kee_Lee View Post
    I'm sure this has been discussed before, but I haven't been able to find anything using the search function. I was wondering, if a friend asks me to string at say 24lbs, should I string at 23x25lbs (average = 24lbs) or should I string at 24x26lbs (main = 24lbs)?
    hard question to answer because even your client don't know. Everybody have their own concept of what is 24lbs. Best is to ask what they exactly want

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You should ask the customer what they want. What I do is, if they ask for say 25lbs, I'll string the mains at 25lbs and the crosses at 27lbs.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kee_Lee View Post
    Make sure your machine is calibrated. I found a digital fishing scale on Ebay that goes to 44Kg. I tested it to my friends $200 digital calibrater and was VERY close. Now when we string and move our machines we use our $10 fishing scales to calibrate. Me personally if someone asks for 24 I give them 24. Just make sure EVERYTHING you do is the same. If you want to change to 23lbsM and 25lbsX, then stay that way. just be accurate in everything you do and your stringing services will become very valuable. Peace out funkymonkey!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

cheers for the replies. I've just ordered an electronic fishing scale on ebay and will calibrate it asap (even though its drop weight). I strung his racket using the average, and will explain it to him when I return his racket.