Do you string at the average or the main tension?

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by Kee_Lee, Apr 10, 2009.

1. Kee_Lee

Kee_Lee Regular Member

Student
    I'm sure this has been discussed before, but I haven't been able to find anything using the search function. I was wondering, if a friend asks me to string at say 24lbs, should I string at 23x25lbs (average = 24lbs) or should I string at 24x26lbs (main = 24lbs)? :confused:

2. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    hard question to answer because even your client don't know. Everybody have their own concept of what is 24lbs. Best is to ask what they exactly want

3. bluecraze07

bluecraze07 Regular Member

You should ask the customer what they want. What I do is, if they ask for say 25lbs, I'll string the mains at 25lbs and the crosses at 27lbs.

4. kakinami

kakinami Regular Member

Make sure your machine is calibrated. I found a digital fishing scale on Ebay that goes to 44Kg. I tested it to my friends $200 digital calibrater and was VERY close. Now when we string and move our machines we use our $10 fishing scales to calibrate. Me personally if someone asks for 24 I give them 24. Just make sure EVERYTHING you do is the same. If you want to change to 23lbsM and 25lbsX, then stay that way. just be accurate in everything you do and your stringing services will become very valuable. Peace out funkymonkey!!

5. Kee_Lee

Kee_Lee Regular Member

Student
    cheers for the replies. I've just ordered an electronic fishing scale on ebay and will calibrate it asap (even though its drop weight). I strung his racket using the average, and will explain it to him when I return his racket.