smelly feet?

Discussion in 'Injuries' started by gamepurpose, Apr 12, 2009.

1. gamepurpose

gamepurpose Regular Member

unemployeed
    i dont really wear shoes often, but obviously when i play ( i have to). So then my feet kinda smell bad afterward. Of course, laugh on me if you want =(. But at least help. On tv, i only see like athletes foot commercial stuffs. Well i dont really know, but i'm thinking like itchy? So yea, i haven't see any commercial talk about smelly feet when wear shoes.
    If i dont make sense, please yell or something.
    Basically, anyone know how to treat smelly feet?
    Powder? spray?
    and what kind?
    name of the stuffs?
    where to get it?
    i live in usa, california. So i'm able to go walgreen, walmart, and pharmacy
    that's all i know, and that all i think that they should have something like that
    ok thank you,
    By the way, sorry if this is not fit in "INJURIES" Forum

2. drifit

drifit newbie

PM
    try have a look underneath of your foot.
    some spots look like skin peeling off?

3. Andy05

Andy05 Regular Member

Badminton Geek
    If you have had your shoes for badminton a long time give them a good wash to wash the sweat out.
    Athletes foot doesn't smell, that I know of, its the peeling of the skin. Normally very close to your toes.
    Give your shoes a spray with some body spray and don't store them in an enclosed or air tight space.
    I hope that helps.

4. Armor_tec_14

Armor_tec_14 Regular Member

School..Dont have one :P
    Athletes foot does smell lol. My brother had it.
    Wash your feet regularly and make sure that your shoes are washed every so often. Also give them a spray with some deodorant and change your socks if you find your feet too sweaty.

5. SkillzGT

SkillzGT New Member

Badminton Player
    Haha that happens every now and then, I'd recommend using some nice spray on your shoes/socks, and wash your feet when you get home.

6. aushaw

aushaw Regular Member

Technical Education in Dentistry
    Lets be realistic, some people out there have more bacteria on their feet and inside the confines of shoes, whether they are old or new, they will get problems.
    Of course washing the feet with a better antimicrobial soap will help, but that generally leaves the skin much dryer and can result in more blisters or skin damage. Good quality shoes are a must. If you are wearing a proper fairly recent badminton shoe with good support and required gum-soles, you are in the right step.
    I myself am lucky if I can find any shoe that lasts me longer than 12 weeks, I move a lot when playing and being 185lbs doesn't help either! I also have the wet-foot problem of perspiration. If I play a tough competitive match, my socks(also to have good quality thick pairs) will be wringing wet from perspiration. All it takes from there is a short step to smelly feet....

7. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Change socks frequently.

You can even try washing your feet in between games but make sure they are dry when you put clean socks on.

At the very least it should be after the session.

Make sure the socks are cotten socks.

Change the insoles of your badminton shoes one time (since this may have lots of bacteria inside)

Make sure the insoles dry out properly after your games. i.e. that makes taking the shoes out of your bag to dry out and pulling the insoles out.

Many of us will change out of badminton shoes after the session and wear other shoes to go home in.

Powder and sprays: Basically there are deodorants, perfumes and medications. Go for powders to help keep your feet dry. Use medicants for athletes foot.

At home: If you are the sweaty foot type, get some isopropyl alcohol and clean down those areas of your feet that get sweaty. Let it dry before putting any socks on. This is applicable for daily care.

8. drifit

drifit newbie

PM
    assumed it is due to bacteria infection.
    ways to counter;
    1. do not wear 100% cotton socks. cotton tends to soak your feet with sweat.cotton socks are hard to dry. bacteria/fungus loves cotton:eek:. wear the nylon-type socks. like 60% nylon, 40% cotton.
    2. clean your feet with antiseptic solution like dettol. if possible soak your feet with it for 3-5 minutes to kill germs.
    3. if possible wash the socks with antiseptic solution(dettol).
    4. get an antiseptic shoe spray too. use it regularly.

if you still facing the same situation after two weeks, please make a visit nearest clinic to have doctor's inspection.

9. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

Go to a podiatrist:)

10. Pete LSD

Pete LSD Regular Member

Soul Searching
    podiatrist fixes up smelly feet?

11. Fidget

Fidget Regular Member

I agree with all everyone has said about treating the feet, and putting powder in the badminton shoes.......
    ....but what about the non-baddy footwear. You say you don't wear shoes, but do you wear flip-flops/sandals? Don't forget that those may serve as a source of re-infection. (re-smellification is the term for podiatrists, I believe:p)

12. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

Ding ding. :) Just given you another option, Pete.:D

13. Pete LSD

Pete LSD Regular Member

Soul Searching
    No athlete foot yet :D . . .

14. gamepurpose

unemployeed
    well thank you all. But i'm looking more specific answer. And here extra information. I dont get excessive sweaty feet. And it's not like super stink. I just really want to make my feet smell good. I mean literally smell good, or no smell after wearing shoes. Because i know a friend has a smelly feet. Man i couldn't take it. Compare to mine is like ying and yang. But i just like my feet to be none smell, and yea keep them dry is better.
    So anyway, i'm going to take the advice from everybody.
    Spray, powder, wash my feet after game. (well that's what i always do, and i always switch to sandals after the game to go home.)
    Clean my shoes, yea that's a good one. I dont really wear my badminton shoe much so i dont really think of that. Anything else from wat i read i've done all that.
    But here my request:
    NAME the BRAND NAME of the powder, and the spray. Thank you.
    Do a little commercial i dont mind.

15. Armor_tec_14

Armor_tec_14 Regular Member

School..Dont have one :P
    When your feet sweat you CANT make them smell good. There is nothing you can do and if it isnt too bad then why bother worrying about it? Wash your feet after the session and that should be the problem solved.

16. gamepurpose

unemployeed
    well may i get a brand name of some kind of powder that help feet doesn't sweat?
    thank you

17. Powerplayer

Powerplayer New Member

Cedarsoles

Oh no... don't use any powders or sprays... they haven't an effect and their use is too complicated. Better try special zederna insoles made from cedar wood. They also prevent your feet from sweating.

18. Grotius

Grotius Regular Member

There's a quick and dirty method of treating athlete's foot that works better than any creme or lotion and costs noting.. You're maybe gonna laugh and not take me seriously, but this is a remedy that's well known amongst soldiers and ballet dancers. Madonna once boasted she used it.

When you take a shower, pee on your feet.

In bad cases, wedge your toes apart with somthing so the pee gets to the part that's infected. Do it every day for a week at the start, and then once a week or so to stop the fungus coming back.

I know it sounds crazy, but I also know that it works better than any lotion you can buy.

19. b.leung

b.leung Regular Member

what i find that works really well is soaking your feet in rubbing alcohol (diluted down a bit 3 parts alcohol 1 part warm water)
    i usually put it in a clean plastic bag that doesn't have holes and soak my feet in them by tying off the top around my ankles. Soak 3-5 minutes a night, for a week or so, and you'll find that your feet won't smell any more.
    washing your feet periodically with antiseptic soap is workable too.

20. CalvinSeak

CalvinSeak Regular Member

it gets smelly when you sweat because bacterias are there and the longer you play the more you will sweat.

try getting a lycra socks that repels sweat fast n you get blisters when you make alot of movements at the court ;) it works!