Lost the feel?

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by YinLoung, Apr 12, 2009.

1. YinLoung

YinLoung Regular Member

For the past week, I've been in a really bad mood. So much that I didnt enjoy badminton at all during this time.

Although i didnt feel like playing, i forced myself on the court. Yesterday, when I started to hit the bird, I lost my usual timing. I couldnt feel the bird and I had a hard time to even clear the bird or do anything...

I dont know whats happening. >_> Any comments?

2. ^shaz^

^shaz^ Regular Member

Maybe you need a break from playing. I know I used to get like this when I played every day for weeks and weeks. Took a week off, came back and enjoyed it again :)

3. YinLoung

YinLoung Regular Member

I already took 2 weeks off and 2 weeks easily but it doesnt go better ...

4. ^shaz^

^shaz^ Regular Member

Hmm, not really sure then. Maybe try playing with different people... break your playing routine? Maybe its getting too repetitive playing the same people all the time?

Not sure really. Only time I felt the same way was when I overplayed and then took a week or 2 off, came back and had no issues again..

5. atingd

atingd Regular Member

Are you a girl? PMS perhaps?

If you're a guy, forget what I posted.

6. azn32boi

azn32boi Regular Member

XD loled at that. Maybe it's not the feel, maybe you're just forgetting something basic, try going back to basics again. Perhaps you're getting bored of the way you play, try new things, like trick shots. I myself get bored and just lose it when I don't know what to improve on.

The motivation of being stronger, faster, smarter =D

7. WhiteRice94

WhiteRice94 Regular Member

slacker
    Indeed, try new things. experimenting around is always fun.

8. smash_master

smash_master Regular Member

player/coach/student
    well you have to want to be on court, cant bring any baggage on to the court when you get on there, you said yourself you have been in a really bad mood so that could effect your game.

how has your sleeping pattern been? i know this past week my sleeping pattern has been so bad and my badminton has suffered massively so thats why im going to go to bed right after i post this lol. but yes there can be many factors that can effect ones game alot that can be mental as well as physical.

9. YinLoung

YinLoung Regular Member

I'm a guy >______________________>

There's part of me that wants to play but then getting motivated to play better is not there.

Nothing abnormal in my daily pattern. I sleep around 10-11, I eat healthy, I take a job in the morning with my dogs and just about anything you would do to keep urself healthy and in shape.

I'm somewhat a person who does a lot of feints although not much trick shots. Whats "pissing" me off lately is that whenever I try trick shot I usually do, it becomes a really crappy shot. ( Out, too high, rim and stuff). So yeah...

10. azn32boi

azn32boi Regular Member

Well then... there's one thing you can do. Focus on those shots. That'll give you something to do. Emphasize the word focus, meaning, concentrate on the shot itself, and make it so you can use it. Think of it this way, "If I can master this shot, I'll have one more option in a game." Take it slow, slow improvement is faster than rushed improvement. Try it, it'll give you something to do.

11. Scott_G500

Scott_G500 Regular Member

Student
    I read somewhere that sleeping over 9hrs is bad.

12. Waix3Sarah

Waix3Sarah Regular Member

student
    Relax that all u have to do:D

13. gamepurpose

gamepurpose Regular Member

unemployeed
    i heard on tv over 7 1/2 hrs is over sleep. But that's just average for people. Nothing can apply to everybody. Everybody is different.
    And just want to confirm this, Is this happen like everyday? Mean monday, tuesday wednesday.
    Because i know once in a while you always have a bad day. Just like bad hair day?
    And yah if you dont feel relax dont try to force yourself.
    And 1 more suggestion. If the day you play is like crap, DONT TRY TO DO TRICK SHOTS. trick shots tend to have more chance not going over, or like too high trick drop shots.