black knight?

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by wangj11, Apr 12, 2009.

1. wangj11

wangj11 Regular Member

I need to buy a new racquet and someone suggested black knight .. i've never heard of this brand .. and was wondering how well it compares to a brand like yonex? from pictures it seems a lot bigger .. and i like the lighter racquets a lot better .. help please :)

2. smash_master

smash_master Regular Member

player/coach/student
    black knight has a wide selection of racquets and has one for the vast majority of players lots of variety from the super light series to the new vortex series that has stiff and head heavy racquets.

how well it compares to a brand like yonex? in terms of what racquets? well both brands have great racquets marketed towards many different players you cant really compare them and say this racquet is better than that one from that brand cause well thats always expected and very subjective. but in terms of duribility and everything their racquets are very durable (with the exception of the superlight series they still are but id be a little more careful with them) and within the vortex series they can take very high tensions as for example my radons are recommended 21-30 tension range and easily at 28 it still feels solid and good. in terms of their racquets they do not have isometric heads they are more tear dropped and some oval even but thats no biggie.

if you light lighter racquets black knight has the super light series which has racquets around 70-75 grams, theres 4 of them the photon XL, photon, ghost and feather there really light and when you swing with them it feels like theres nothing in your hand at times. hope that somewhat helps or gives you a little more of an idea in a way.

3. BennyC

BennyC Regular Member

N/A
    Completely agree with Smash-Master.

If you were to choose among the Super Light series, the photon will be your best bet. It feels light but very powerful, great balanced racket! The Photon is one of the most popular BK rackets used by players in Canada so you know its good =)

4. wangj11

wangj11 Regular Member

okay thanks so much!

5. fishmilk

fishmilk Regular Member

Student
    I don't think I need to say a lot about BK because everyone who's tried one has usually been impressed with how good of an alternative they provide for people who've outgrown Yonex for whatever reason. In terms of light racquets, the Photon was an excellent recommendation and I'm going to add one more being the PC-20.

6. Kelvin

Kelvin Regular Member

Student
    Master Fishmilk!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D
    How are you??????????

Yes the superlight series is very nice.
    I have a few friends under sponsorship from BK.
    Have any of you tried out the newer vortex frames?
    What are your thoughts?

7. BennyC

BennyC Regular Member

N/A
    i tried the vortex. Nice and stable. head heavy and not too stiff. Felt quite nice, except for the low tension and stock strings =/

8. smash_master

smash_master Regular Member

player/coach/student
    i currently use the vortex radon (the dark green one) and it is a head heavy stiff racquet i like it. feels very solid and deffinetly holds the high tension with ease. strung currently at 27ish lbs the other 2 are a little more lose since havnt restrung or broke a string on them in a while. the frame itself feels very strong and tough when hitting shots and there is no vibration transfer either. it might seem slightly thicker than most racquets but that would be to accomidate for the higher tension range and doesnt affect swing or anything at all. overall i have used the krypton and the xenon as well and have to say they are also good racquets but i choose this one to use permently.

9. fishmilk

fishmilk Regular Member

Student
    Kelvin, it must have been a couple of years since we last talked. Doing well, yourself?

Anyway if you like light racquets, Radon is also a good racquet for you. Personally I like the Krypton alot aside from the extra length, but I'm an old dog who can't use light racquets so Radon is also a racquet you could consider as well.

10. fishmilk

fishmilk Regular Member

Student
    Actually, now that I think about it though, after the price considerations, PC-20 is about half the cost at around the same performance in my mind so I'm still sticking with that as my recommendation.

11. dymlu

dymlu Regular Member

I've pretty much used BK since I started playing. I've gone through pretty much all the Rapiers (Original x 2, Pro, would have bought BE but was not out when I needed new racquets). I currently use the PC-20s predecessor, the PC-890. Couldn't be happier.

I've tried some Yonex racquets but they don't work too well for me. I perfer a well balanced racquet over a head heavy.

Some people I play with prefer the head heavy to assist in harder smashing.

That's my 2 cents!