Smashing - Hard or Soft feeling strings

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by invisbear, Apr 13, 2009.

1. invisbear

invisbear Regular Member

student
    hi

I've just got bg-65ti on my at900P at 23lb and I really do love the sound, however my netshots becomes really bad compared to bg-95 I used before, I love the sound better on the 65ti though.

the package of 65ti says its hard feeling, I wonder what soft feeling feels like, is it kinda like factory tension kinda soft feel:confused:

I personally loves smashing and what do you guys like better for smashing, hard or soft feeling or is it not much difference?

Also can someone recommend a better string than bg-65 ti that have great sound and better at net? I'm thinking about bg68-ti but according to drink alots' chart its a bad string? What about bg-66, will it last long at 23lb or lower tension?

2. daddxd

daddxd Regular Member

Why not try BG80/85 for a lovely sound, either? They are both hard feeling for smashers, and are what I am sticking to so far. Additionally, make a bit higher tension when you string next time, if possible.

3. phandrew

phandrew Regular Member

Racquet breaker
    It really depends from person to person. Some will prefer hard feel and vice versa. I just use medium feeling in between.

4. invisbear

invisbear Regular Member

student
    The problem with BG80 is that its only available in bright yellow in uk...
    I'll try it when I'm back to HongKong so I can get different colours :)

5. stanley85

stanley85 Regular Member

Does the colours really matter? at least not for me. lol..

try on BG-80, quite nice but of course it's more fragile than bg-65ti. beware that the bg-80 string on same lbs will make you feel higher tension than bg-65ti.

6. O.henry

O.henry Regular Member

High School
    well BG85 has is just like BG80 but 85 has a larger hitting sound making a larger pop

7. dream18

dream18 Regular Member

In Toronto they have few colours.

Bright Yellow, Royal Blue, and also Purple

8. Silver Bullet

Silver Bullet Regular Member

Realtor
    I used to have BG65ti at 23lbs on my NS4500 and I loved the sound too!

Since I switched to ARC 10, I have tried BG80, BG85 and NGB95 all at 26lbs.

If you like the hard feel like the BG65ti, go for NBG95. It is as powerful if not more powerful, sounds great and is very durable too. Feel is similar to BG65ti.

BG80 and BG85 have a softer feel, IMO. I think I like the power and control of BG85 but it is not very durable. My first BG85 snapped in first session and I am giving it another try. BG80 lasted me 2 months (aprox 7 hrs/week) but is one step lower in all aspects compared to BG85.

I think if you spend the hours reading the different posts, yu will come to the conclusion that you have to try them all. Use the same racquet and tension and change the string. Woud be best if you had 2 or more of the same racquet.

Have fun finding the best string for you. Then you can work on tension.[​IMG]

9. Caffrey

Caffrey Regular Member

Lawyer
    Sorry to dig up an old thread but I don't wanna get smacked with the thread-closing hammer again :crying: ( JK, <3 you Cheung :D )

So what is the difference between the feelings of strings. I know BG65 is a "soft feeling" and BG80 is a "hard feeling" but what is the real difference? Is it like.. BG65 feels less repulsive and BG80 feels more repulsive but they both hit the same? Or is it hitting sound? I am so confused :confused:

Everyone says go for BG80 (I use BG65 @ 27 so it will sink to 24-25) so I will try it at 24lbs but I cri every tiem my strings breaks :(

10. Rob3rt

Rob3rt Regular Member

There's no correlation between the feeling of the string (hard, medium, soft) and the repulsion power, from my experience. Take BG66UM, it's medium, but has a higher repulsion power than BG80 (hard feeling). Just personal preference.

11. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Please do yourself a favour: Take one of your rackets to a stringer of your choice and get it strung with BG80 at 24lbs. and simple try it! Asking basically the same questions in several threads again and again will not help you finding your preferred string and tension in the end. You have to figure it out by playing them. And since you are obviously very interested in the BG80, than get your 20(?) CAD together and risk it.

And by the way - it's called a feeling, because you actually have to feel it. Describing a feeling with words is... practically impossible. Or do you want to have a go by describing how "warm" or "cold" feels. Or maybe, how "sweet" or "salty" tastes like.... :rolleyes:

12. Gollum

Gollum Regular Member

^ Exactly right.

Caffrey, you are too worried about "getting it wrong". You will never find out what you like unless you try something.