User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by azn32boi View Post
    Doesn't pronation cause more injuries? Like tennis elbow. I started doing it once and my elbow started hurting. I use a different technique, but I'm just wondering.
    Most probably, you are gripping your racket too tightly. Try to relax your grip before the pronation and tighten your grip just before impact.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by azn32boi View Post
    Doesn't pronation cause more injuries? Like tennis elbow. I started doing it once and my elbow started hurting. I use a different technique, but I'm just wondering.
    No.
    If your elbow hurt, then you must be putting pressure on the joint, which sounds like you might be hitting too much with your shoulder (but you'll appreciate that I'm only guessing).

The Badminton England Technique video has Gail Emms discussing pronation in almost every stroke description (I love it when she talks technical), particularly backhand clear and drive, when it is the most obvious.

Throw a shuttle up in the air, and then hit it from the backhand only using your wrist. Then hit the same shot, but with the feeling "hitting with the forearm", turning your forearm, and see the difference.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Technique

Firs of all your right about the technique. Its very important. The tech. you use moving around on court, and the tech. you use makeing the different strokes. I think its a simpel answer, if your tech. is good, you have a better chance on the court.
    1 clip: The worst crap I'v ever seen...
    2 clip: Ok Tech., but he doesn't show the smasch while moving towards the net. You cant get the full picture if you only make a slow movement.
    3 clip: Theres a big differens in the 2 kind of smash. At the first 2 clips, you have a swing thorugh, while moving your shoulder forward. The last clip, the player is prac. what we here in Denmark calls a sting, it's a short an fast move with racket, you hit the shuttle high, and return it fast. Often used while making chinajump.
    You dont get the same power related to the first 2 clips.

Please check out:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09BNh...e=channel_page
    and
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1CX5...e=channel_page

Best wishes

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2