User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 35 to 45 of 45
  1. #35
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Australia, Brisbane
    Posts
    744
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    ok gamepurpose lol
    That was very very confusing due to your english. but thats fine because im used to it so i got a pretty good idea of where you are coming from.

    Again "changing" technique and "Improving" technique is a very sketchy area. There is no point what so ever refering to ancient players of badminton because we dont know anything about what the game was like back then. Was the pace faster or slower? were the players fitter or weaker? Were the rackets bigger or smaller?

    So unfortunately thats a bit of a false topic to bring up. If we got back 100 years by all means you can compare. But the technique has not been changed so to speak. Im not sure but to me it seems your failing to grasp a tru understanding between technique and style. So i will say it once again.

    Every shot has basic steps to follow correctly. How the player looks whilst playing badminton doesnt always have technique to blame. Some people are bigger or smaller, faster or slower, more co-ordinated and less co-ordinated.
    Some players will look smoother and others will look a little bit unstable lol. That really comes down to style and how a persons body reacts.

    But the correct technique can still be followed by 5 even 50 different people and they can all look different when they play.
    Heres a simple example. With a backhand shot. Some people swing round their body like tennis. Big energetic swing hugeee rotation of their body. THIS IS WRONG TECHNIQUE. The correct technique (refering simply to racket skills) is point your elbow, flick your forearm up and over your elbow to make contact with the shuttle and give a an extra flick with your wrist as you swing through for more power. (THIS IS JUST A BASIC SENTANCE LOL SO IF IT CONFUSES YOU DONT WORRY I COULD SHOW YOU IN PERSON MUCH EASIER THEN TALKING ABOUT IT)
    Anyways take 2 different players to perform this backhand with correct technique.

    1 player may smoothly flick through the shot and it will barely look different to any of the top players. Another player may take his time through the steps breaking it down to the point where you can see him do each movement. It may look like hes stoping then starting each time he changes the movement. EG He gets ready to hit the shot, points his elbow waiting for the shuttle then flicks his forearm after a pause, then forces the follow through with his wrist.
    It will look rough and totaly different to the other player but its still the correct technique. Just his own style of comfort.

    Surely that makes a bit more sense to you??? It seems your basing your arguments purely on how a player looks when hes hitting a shot. And as i mentioned more experienced players can pick incorrect technique just by watching someone. I can do that easily. But im not looking in general at how he looks whether its smooth or not. Im concentrating and focusing purely on the individual broken down movements in each shot.

  2. #36
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    canada
    Posts
    282
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gamepurpose View Post
    thank you for pointing your points. But I guess you didn't really read it carefully or I'm just kinda confusing people with my bad grammar.
    Let's just base on international player technique to talk about. First of all, how long has this sport was invented, and at what time was there the first tournament for international?
    Geezzz sorry I don't know. Let's say start out way back then international players, so called ancient players, versus now a day international players. I think there will be differences.
    I do not have record to back me up, but base on LOGIC. I THINK, and only think only of course I might be wrong, with my logic I think things are usually (i will not use always, because there is no such thing as always, or must or 100%) improve little by little. So that tells me now a day international should be better than the ancient people.
    However, like we said based on international player skills, those are the right technique. So therefore, in the ancient time the technique should be right because it was used by the international players. And now, we FIXED that technique, or sharpen that technique. WHICH mean we actually CHANGED the technique. Same basic but a little bit different to improve it. And now we consider now a day international technique are the right technique. So would we still be calling the back then techniques are wrong?
    I mean all i'm saying
    well like coachgary said and agreed with me Listen, Understand, and Practice.
    However, I guess coachgary kinda jump on the conclusion. I did not say keep practice the wrong technique.
    No sir.
    If you really understand the process, LISTEN, UNDERSTAND, AND PRACTICE.
    at step #2 UNDERSTAND, if we already understand that technique is wrong, then why would we waste time to practice?
    Of course, this is not one way trip
    first we listen to one person, understand what he meant, and true understand it I mean, technique, why, and how. Then we apply to practice.
    But if it is not the maximum effectively, then I guess either find another person and redo the steps all over.
    And if no one can really teach you further. Then it is up to yourself to refine the best technique you can come up so far.
    However, it might not be the best, because if you have no creative mind then you just have to stuck with it.
    But if you do have a great mind to use it. Then try a different technique see if it is gonna be better the one that is already existed.
    that is just my logic opinion as a badminton player.
    You are really over thinking this, you need to make your points breif and to the point, nobody is going to read this.

  3. #37
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    uk
    Posts
    472
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gamepurpose View Post
    thank you for pointing your points. But I guess you didn't really read it carefully or I'm just kinda confusing people with my bad grammar.
    Let's just base on international player technique to talk about. First of all, how long has this sport was invented, and at what time was there the first tournament for international?
    Geezzz sorry I don't know. Let's say start out way back then international players, so called ancient players, versus now a day international players. I think there will be differences.
    I do not have record to back me up, but base on LOGIC. I THINK, and only think only of course I might be wrong, with my logic I think things are usually (i will not use always, because there is no such thing as always, or must or 100%) improve little by little. So that tells me now a day international should be better than the ancient people.
    However, like we said based on international player skills, those are the right technique. So therefore, in the ancient time the technique should be right because it was used by the international players. And now, we FIXED that technique, or sharpen that technique. WHICH mean we actually CHANGED the technique. Same basic but a little bit different to improve it. And now we consider now a day international technique are the right technique. So would we still be calling the back then techniques are wrong?
    I mean all i'm saying
    well like coachgary said and agreed with me Listen, Understand, and Practice.
    However, I guess coachgary kinda jump on the conclusion. I did not say keep practice the wrong technique.
    No sir.
    If you really understand the process, LISTEN, UNDERSTAND, AND PRACTICE.
    at step #2 UNDERSTAND, if we already understand that technique is wrong, then why would we waste time to practice?
    Of course, this is not one way trip
    first we listen to one person, understand what he meant, and true understand it I mean, technique, why, and how. Then we apply to practice.
    But if it is not the maximum effectively, then I guess either find another person and redo the steps all over.
    And if no one can really teach you further. Then it is up to yourself to refine the best technique you can come up so far.
    However, it might not be the best, because if you have no creative mind then you just have to stuck with it.
    But if you do have a great mind to use it. Then try a different technique see if it is gonna be better the one that is already existed.
    that is just my logic opinion as a badminton player.
    My earlier reply was to the comment by Superbird. Sorry about that.

  4. #38
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Northern Ireland, UK
    Posts
    594
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Practice is key. There is no perfect technique because every situation is different, some backhands you will b in perfect positions, others you will be well out so you have to adapt grip, stroke motion, etc but the pros like Lin Dan, doesnt realli matter where they hit their backhand, it goes to back of court regardless.

    I seen 1 shot and he had the birdie well behind him and low & he hit a backhand and it went flying to the end of the other court, I was absolutely stunned, jus so much power there, unreal. Didnt look possible but he did it.

    That backhand compared to high ones infront of the body will have different motion, different grip and so forth so its al about experience, practice and trying to figure it out lol

  5. #39
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    canada
    Posts
    282
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gingerphil79 View Post
    Practice is key. There is no perfect technique because every situation is different, some backhands you will b in perfect positions, others you will be well out so you have to adapt grip, stroke motion, etc but the pros like Lin Dan, doesnt realli matter where they hit their backhand, it goes to back of court regardless.

    I seen 1 shot and he had the birdie well behind him and low & he hit a backhand and it went flying to the end of the other court, I was absolutely stunned, jus so much power there, unreal. Didnt look possible but he did it.

    That backhand compared to high ones infront of the body will have different motion, different grip and so forth so its al about experience, practice and trying to figure it out lol
    There is a standard technique for backhands, you have to apply it as practical on a shot for shot bases. There are many factors you have to consider when hitting the bird: speed, trajectory, timming, balance ect... Knowing correct technique on a basic level, and applying it according to the situation on the court, takes a lot of practice. But all shots in badminton follow basic principles of either forhard, or backhand shots.

  6. #40
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,272
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chewablemorphin View Post
    No not necesarilly there are always options, backhand crosscourt, backhand drive, i can backhand clear, but i hardly ever use it, i always try cover with my forhand regardless.
    Well you know you always have the option. Like being able to only do a drop to cover up for a non-existent backhand clear is not a good idea. Like warming up, one of the first things to do is to see the quality of the opponent's backhand.

    Btw, gamepurpose, your english isn't that bad, it's just that you're laying out your posts in a confusing manner which makes it look like a big blob.
    Last edited by Athelete1234; 05-06-2009 at 05:55 PM.

  7. #41
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    garden grove
    Posts
    415
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    i suppose i might get confused with technique and style. Truly, I do not understand what is technique and style. But when I used ancient players, in some cases, like this case i do not consider ancient players. Just another term for "the past". We can always consider 15 years or 20 years ago players are ancient players. Of course, not correct grammar, but oh well.
    So I guess ill have to make a new thread what is the differences between style and technique? the true definition. =)

  8. #42
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    garden grove
    Posts
    415
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    and to chewable, actually some people do read it. If you dont want to read it, then please do not reply.

  9. #43
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    canada
    Posts
    282
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gamepurpose View Post
    and to chewable, actually some people do read it. If you dont want to read it, then please do not reply.
    Well i was interested, but it was too painfull to read the entire thing. I'm sure i'm not the only man in the world who simply just gave up trying to read it. You should have pmed me this message.

  10. #44
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,272
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gamepurpose View Post
    i suppose i might get confused with technique and style. Truly, I do not understand what is technique and style. But when I used ancient players, in some cases, like this case i do not consider ancient players. Just another term for "the past". We can always consider 15 years or 20 years ago players are ancient players. Of course, not correct grammar, but oh well.
    So I guess ill have to make a new thread what is the differences between style and technique? the true definition. =)
    Technique: The ability to efficiently hit the shuttle to transfer power smoothly and be able to place the bird in a specific location at a specific speed, given a specific hitting position.

    Style: How one uses their technique.

  11. #45
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    garden grove
    Posts
    415
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    i don't like to pm people, that is just too personal. And every you're very want to think more about it. What I said can applies to everybody. Whoever, looking around threads and posts should either read things, and then reply. Not just oh whatever this is too long, and posts up or replies something nonsense in the thread. I don't want to argue, but just want to point out how to behave (if that's how you spell it). Remember, "treat other the way you want to be treated"

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Similar Threads

  1. Backhand Technique - How to backhand clear, smash, and drop
    By thejym in forum Techniques / Training
    Replies: 99
    : 02-25-2013, 07:34 PM
  2. Improving backhand smash? (or backhand hits in general)
    By Kenshii in forum Techniques / Training
    Replies: 3
    : 05-03-2011, 01:26 AM
  3. Tips on improving the power of my backhand?
    By k9force2515 in forum Techniques / Training
    Replies: 5
    : 12-17-2010, 03:29 AM
  4. How to Backhand Clear / Improving Speed
    By yotarou in forum Techniques / Training
    Replies: 3
    : 12-04-2007, 11:14 PM
  5. improving backhand shots
    By twopaths in forum Techniques / Training
    Replies: 18
    : 05-05-2005, 10:11 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •