CAB20MS JP 3U or CAB20 JP 2U

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by jcb, Sep 3, 2002.

1. jcb

jcb Regular Member

Hi all! Let me first congratulate all the moderators and members of BF for this very helpful and entertaining forum.

I have only one racket now (I warped my old aluminum Wilson), a Yonex CAB20MS JP 3U which I bought from Japan through a friend. The power and control of this racket suits me. I'm now deciding on buying a spare racket but I'm thinking if I should get the same or just a CAB20 JP 2U.

My considerations are as follows:

CAB20MS JP 3U
    - exactly the same racket as the one I'm using now so it's an identical back-up
    - more expensive than cab20 by Y3,500 (cab20ms is Y2,000 more than cab20, plus an additional Y1,500 for a racket case for transport -- the cab20ms does not come with a leather-like racket case while the cab20 does)

CAB20 JP 2U
    - I am thinking of the cab20 in 2U because it has the same Yonex JP specified maximum string tension of 22 lbs as the cab20ms in 3U, so I'm assuming the durability would be the same
    - the heavier weight racket may add more power although I understand from some BF threads that the cab20 is more evenly balanced than the cab20ms which is more head heavy

For those who use or have tried both rackets (JP version), please advise me:
    - Will the cab20 2U feel significantly different from my cab20ms 3U as to affect my game?
    - Is it worth shelling out more money for the cab20ms just so I could have an exactly identical back-up racket?

I have no way of trying out a cab20 2U because it is not available here. I am just fortunate to have access to buying in Japan through a friend.

Thanks a lot in advance for your replies. :)

2. jcb

jcb Regular Member

I'm sorry to the moderators for posting twice this thread :)

This is my first post attempt and I tried deleting the previous thread I made and was not allowed. I just had some minor editng in the text :)

3. euro

euro Regular Member

these rackets are different

I have a cab20 ms jp 3u and it 's too light for me I think.

I used to buy 4 cab20 and very familiar with its characteristic.

these rackets are different in many ways.

Especially in weight. So don't try to use cab 20 as a backup.