RSL Diamond X2 PRO or Armortec 900 or any other better fit to my profile?

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by dulurna_kabayan, Apr 17, 2009.

1. dulurna_kabayan

dulurna_kabayan Regular Member

Student
    Hi I'm new here, just registered today :)

I'm currently trying to find out which type of racket suits my profile. Eventhough, I've been playing badminton since a child (stopped for a while, then continued again since five years ago), but I'm not aware about the racket I use. I simply buy a cheap one. Till yesterday, I read some reviews in this forum, and it appears that the racket give a significant different to rais the game.

My profile:
    I'm small, about 5'4". I have a high flexible wrist, thus I like net playing a lot, and fast half court (front man in double), but at the same time I also like smashing a lot. So, I'm an aggressive player. Always attacking the serve, ready to kill in front of the net, and like to play smash and drop if in the base line.

I play 1-2 times a week (I like double more, though the competition demands me to play mixed as well), and been in competition (division 3 in the region). So, my level of play is fairly good.

When coming to the UK, I bought Oliver K3 as it got 70% reduction that time. Then a year later, as a back up, I bought another cheap racket, MP22 for only 13£, but I feel slightly more comfortable with oliver. However as the string tension in Oliver dropped, I'm now using the MP22 (string still strong, set around 23).

Two days ago, I forgot to bring my racket, and borrowed my friend. It's RSL Diamond X2 PRO (Red). I felt wowww.. this is much better than mine...
    However, I don't know if this racket is the best for me. As any racket that I borrow will definitely be better than my cheap racket. People talking that
    Armortec 900 is very good, though I don't know if that's most suitable for my profile and style of play. I haven't tried it yet :(

Any suggestion, which racket should I go for?

Cheers!

2. Terraglow

Terraglow Regular Member

Students
    its better to try AT900 too...
    then compare them, and make decision...

3. Raymond Wong

Raymond Wong Regular Member

I work for RSL
    my bro has an at900p. i like the flex & power the pro gives me