User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bradmyster View Post
    Its most effective if you strip everything down to the wood, apply the water resistant tape then add the towel grip.

Also i buy Victor Towel grip rolls from my friend whos Taiwanese. He gets them sent from his uncle. Costs me like $5 per roll and i get about 15 grips out of it. Good quality towel aswell.
    And here i just spent 10 bux ordering 4 different colors of 26" Victor cut towel grips...way to rub it in!
    Thanks for the info though!!!
    After a couple swings it does feel right going to the wood instead of leather, seems to fit better in my hand. I think if I went on top of the leather it'd feel like a tennis racket

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jaymz View Post
    The electric tape also serve as the barrier between the adhesive and the wood. Sometimes, the adhesive of any replacement grip is too sticky to the extent that when the grip is replaced after several days or weeks, bits of the grip will be left sticking to the wood. It has to be scraped off the wood. The electric tape eases out the process of replacing a grip.

Btw, here's what I do to save money on using towel grips. I purposely buy bath towels like this:

Once they are worn out and/or I don't want to use them anymore, I cut them into strips. See the ribbed pattern of the towel, that's where I cut along. I use a double-sided tape for the adhesive on one side of the strips I cut. That's all you need for a towel grip.

Just imagine how many towel grips you can make out of one bath towel (much more if the ribbings are vertical ). In my place, even if I buy a brand new bath towel only to be used for making towel grips, I can still save a lot than buying single towel grips.
    i remembering seeing an old tread that showed you how to make your own towel grip and i've found it! http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...ad.php?t=17955
    make a bunch of towel grips for just the price of a large bath towel and some double sided tape! save a lot of $$$ in the long run

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is a very good posting on cost cutting. And Wukong did a very good and neat job with the applying of grip.

Quote Originally Posted by jamesshieh88 View Post
    i remembering seeing an old tread that showed you how to make your own towel grip and i've found it! http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...ad.php?t=17955
    make a bunch of towel grips for just the price of a large bath towel and some double sided tape! save a lot of $$$ in the long run

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jaymz View Post
    The electric tape also serve as the barrier between the adhesive and the wood. Sometimes, the adhesive of any replacement grip is too sticky to the extent that when the grip is replaced after several days or weeks, bits of the grip will be left sticking to the wood. It has to be scraped off the wood. The electric tape eases out the process of replacing a grip.

Btw, here's what I do to save money on using towel grips. I purposely buy bath towels like this:

Once they are worn out and/or I don't want to use them anymore, I cut them into strips. See the ribbed pattern of the towel, that's where I cut along. I use a double-sided tape for the adhesive on one side of the strips I cut. That's all you need for a towel grip.

Just imagine how many towel grips you can make out of one bath towel (much more if the ribbings are vertical ). In my place, even if I buy a brand new bath towel only to be used for making towel grips, I can still save a lot than buying single towel grips.
    you must be kidding me! all towel, i know in oversea they sell really cheap. however, i dont like towel grip anyway.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ray_mond View Post
    saran wrap? I've never tried that.

Hm, real towel grips from towels.. very intriguing... is the grip good?...absorbency is probably top rate.. this sparks another idea.. anyone know the towels.. that are super absorbent, but are super small and thin? We could always use those as towel grips of course, some of us may have to wring them out and hang them out to dry after play

you could make grips out of household sponges too. it may be better because you can ringe out all the sweat between rallies.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3