ti swing power sx or ti10

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by cmd17uc, Sep 4, 2002.

1. cmd17uc

cmd17uc Regular Member

Sub-par student
    i was just wondering if the ti swing power sx or the ti-10 was more head heavy and which provided better smashes. Which one is a better offensive singles racquet?
    Thanks

2. yonexfanatic

yonexfanatic Regular Member

ahh, i remembered posting this a long time ago and no one answered me for the LONGEST time, heh. Anyways, to be helpful and to not keep you waiting like i had to, i'll post a reply.

Well, the Ti-10 is more head heavy and most likely to produce the stronger smashes since it's stiffer just that little bit. Both of these racquets are good for offense as they both do pack a load of power.

I note that if you're looking for a Ti swing SX, the BLUE color (old version) is more head heavy than that red/orange version (new one).

Hope that helps

3. Nick

Nick Regular Member

Racquet Services
    The Yonex Ti-10 is a great offensive weapon due to his head heaviness and stiff shaft. The Ti-10 also has amazing control. However it's hard to find in countries like Canada. Japan still makes them but i don't think they provide canada with them anymore. The three Ti-10's i have are all SP versions. They are truly amazing racquets but it depends if you can find them and if it suits your style of play. If your comfortable with the racquet it will be your best friend but if your not it's your worst enemy. Depending on your location i would suggest you actually demo the racquets. I don't have experience with the Ti Swing Power SX or any of the swing powers but a couple of my university team mates generate quite a bit of power from the Ti Swing power. The MP100 and MP 99 are also good choices. The MP55 if your budget is low is a good substitute. It still holds alot of power. Control seems to vary from person to person. Anyways i hope this helps.

Cheers,
    Nick