Shorts suggestions?

Discussion in 'Clothing & Footwear' started by Distanc3, Apr 22, 2009.

1. Distanc3

Distanc3 Regular Member

stringer for community centers
    Hey guys, i've never posted on the Clothing & footwear section so here goes.

I'm 5'6 180lbs, yes overweight. I play badminton intermediate level, overall very satisfied but due to my physique (huge quads and hamstrings) find it difficult to do lunges. Is there any specific shorts you would recommend?
    the average "above knees" basketball shorts still feels restricting my lunges.
    thanks! :D

2. weeyeh

weeyeh Regular Member

Soccer shorts might be your best bet. They tend to be more shorter and opens bigger than the basketball shorts.

Go for the lighter polyester material if you can find them. If you take a look at Nike's dri-fit running shorts, that's what I'm talking about. The heavier material absorbs too much sweat (for me) and eventually sticks to the thigh restricting movement.

3. Distanc3

Distanc3 Regular Member

stringer for community centers
    i was looking around for running shorts the ones that have split sides, those look a little too short tho =(

4. weeyeh

weeyeh Regular Member

Haha... I thought so too. The shorts do ride quite a bit higher when you do lunges so yeah, I like them a bit longer.

5. Danstevens

Danstevens Regular Member

Student
    The Karakal shorts (I know, plug of my sponsor but they are good, honest) may be suitable.

6. noppy

noppy Regular Member

student
    The most un restrictive shorts i have/know of are SOTX, but they are a bit to short for me but they dont restrict you in any way. The best feel/look/playability shorts which i own are Forza