racket for net player - intermediate player

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by chloe207, Apr 22, 2009.

1. chloe207

chloe207 Regular Member

hi all I'm new here. I did a search on this but don't seems to find any thread on this topic. let me know if theres any discussion/recommendations on this topic somewhere...i'll delete this later...

Anyway, back to my question.... I'm intermediate player...play most of the time double or mix double...quite good net player :D.... have a few rackets all hand me downs from aunties and brothers and sisters....never purchase one for myself until recently I've purchased a Ti-Zero....so am a bit lost here.. fav brand is yonex of course... i have 3 old carbonex racket and a new Ti Zero bought last week ...have not tested it yet...dont know much about it and bought it based on recomemdations by the sales person...silly me...

I'm actually looking to buy a racket for net playing...any suggestions? I'm planning to get another one....is Ti 10 good enough for net playing or should I get the Nanospeed 6000? any other suggestion? The yonex shop nearby my apt has all models... tempted to get Nanospeed9900...:D but too expensive for my budget....

#1 chloe207, Apr 22, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2009
  2. chloe207

chloe207 Regular Member

oh forgot to mention....I will need a racket that performs well for net playing and half court smashing but give me the extra push (use less strength) for baseline play...

3. drifit

drifit newbie

PM
    let me start something :D

yonex;
    1. Ns8000
    2. Arc7

RSL;
    1. X2 - Blue
    2. 9600

string;
    1. yonex bg-80 @ 24lbs
    2. yonex bg-85 @ 23lbs

4. teoky

teoky Regular Member

Manager
    For non Yonex, you can consider the Babolat X-Feel series, amongst the racquets that I have, it has a very "solid" feeling which is good for control/net play.

5. chloe207

chloe207 Regular Member

Thanks for your reply...err no RSL shop here...in Taiwan (Taichung area at the moment) Hmm.....between Yonex Ns8000 and Arc7 to consider, both specs are good...but i'll go for Ns8000 for its look...:D

6. drifit

drifit newbie

PM
    for the look, may consider Arc9 too.

7. chloe207

chloe207 Regular Member

oh the shop do not have Arc7...the Ns8000 is a little bit to stiff for me...I ended up getting Arc9....:D.. will get it tomorrow after the put the string on...its white and fuchsia... hmm..i opt for white string.... will post some pics later...:D