User Tag List

Page 102 of 446 FirstFirst ... 2 52 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 152 202 ... LastLast
Results 1,718 to 1,734 of 7575
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll see if I can test the flexibility tonight by clamping the handle down on a table with the racket over the edge then hanging a weight on the head to see how much deflection there is. Will compare to other rackets.

Or may just clamp it into my stringing machine then hang a weight on the handle.

Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

85.2g and what bp? If

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BP is 283............

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by druss View Post
    Ashaway MP @ 22 lbs. A bit low for my tastes but should not affect my ability to play with it.
    In general, lower tension does create the perception of a racket being more flexible. The same with racket balance.

Shaft thickness and shaft length can alter the stiffness.

Two good examples of rackets that feel stiffer than they actually are: NS9000-X and NS9900. Both have stiff shafts but since they are relatively headlight, the shaft feels stiffer then they actually are.

A good example of a racket that feels not as stiff as it actually is: SOTX Woven 11/11A. The shaft is extra long so it flexes more and feels less stiff but in reality it's quite stiff.

After all this testing and designing, Panda doesn't focus on the stiffness of the shaft as much anymore. The key is the synergy among all the parts:

1) frame
    2) frame stiffness
    3) shaft length
    4) shaft stiffness
    5) overall balance

To get a good performing racket, the above have to complement each other. If they do not, the racket may perform poorly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DinkAlot View Post
    In general, lower tension does create the perception of a racket being more flexible. The same with racket balance.
    My perception of flexibility comes from my swinging, not from contact with the shuttle.

Like I said, I'll do some tests tonight and play with it a few more times to see. I may even restring to 25 lbs in order to give it a fair trial.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My perception of flexibility comes from my swinging, not from contact with the shuttle.
    Wait, have you even tried the racket yet? Actually hit the shuttle?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shaft thickness and shaft length can alter the stiffness.

Two good examples of rackets that feel stiffer than they actually are: NS9000-X and NS9900. Both have stiff shafts but since they are relatively headlight, the shaft feels stiffer then they actually are.

A good example of a racket that feels not as stiff as it actually is: SOTX Woven 11/11A. The shaft is extra long so it flexes more and feels less stiff but in reality it's quite stiff.

After all this testing and designing, Panda doesn't focus on the stiffness of the shaft as much anymore. The key is the synergy among all the parts:

1) frame
    2) frame stiffness
    3) shaft length
    4) shaft stiffness
    5) overall balance

To get a good performing racket, the above have to complement each other. If they do not, the racket may perform poorly.
    This is a great point. Im glad some one pointed this out.

To further emphasize this point: if there were two rackets with identical shafts, but different weighted heads, not only would the balance feel different, but the flexibility of the shaft would also, however it is the same shaft.

I think synergy is a great term to use to describe the matter at hand.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wait, have you even tried the racket yet? Actually hit the shuttle?
    I just played with my new Trinity 2 last night and have a question. I found it to be pretty flexible, not sure if that's supposed to be the case or not but I could not get the timing right on it.
    Yes, I played 2 games with it.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by illusionistpro View Post
    This is a great point. Im glad some one pointed this out.

To further emphasize this point: if there were two rackets with identical shafts, but different weighted heads, not only would the balance feel different, but the flexibility of the shaft would also, however it is the same shaft.

I think synergy is a great term to use to describe the matter at hand.

Also to add, all the manufacturers cannot make rackets "identical" every time. There can be minor to wide differences. This why racket manufacturers (in a way are smart) use approximations rather than exact numbers.

A prime example in disparity is a 3U AT900P. It could be 89.4g, BP320 which would swing like a 95g, BP295 racket. Or 85.5g, BP295. There's a difference of almost 10g in this example. Of course this is extreme but both fall into the "3U" category.

Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

@druss: 85.2g bp283mm!!??....... that's majorly light and headlight. It's going to swing way different from your current rackets. Try taping a 3-4 inches of black athletic tape at 1 and 11 o'clock position on the frame to make it headheavier to slow it down to what you're used to. Then as you gradually get used to it, gradually reduce the amt of tape by 1-2 inch at a time and you'll adapt to it in no time without mishits.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by visor View Post
    @druss: 85.2g bp283mm!!??....... that's majorly light and headlight. It's going to swing way different from your current rackets. Try taping a 3-4 inches of black athletic tape at 1 and 11 o'clock position on the frame to make it headheavier to slow it down to what you're used to. Then as you gradually get used to it, gradually reduce the amt of tape by 1-2 inch at a time and you'll adapt to it in no time without mishits.
    I've got over 15 rackets of all weights and balance points. Adapting is not my problem.

Please stop looking for issues with my swing or playing ability.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by visor View Post
    How would making it head heavier make it stiffer?? from Dinks argument as response to this it would rather have the total oppiste effect..

Also I do definitively not agree that a shaft feels flexier if stringing is loose..
    The overall feel may be softer but the felling of the shaft flex.. naaah,, I personally think you feel the shaft flex much more when you string at high tension (this is also quite logical as the string damps less of the shuttle impact, and thus the fram/shaft takes a bigger force from the impact imhop)..

/Twobber
    Last edited by twobeer; 03-09-2010 at 04:00 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On the contrary stringing tighter makes the shaft flex more because of the very rigid string plane.

Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I've got over 15 rackets of all weights and balance points. Adapting is not my problem.

Please stop looking for issues with my swing or playing ability.
    OK..........but just out of curiosity, which of your rackets is bp283mm or less? NS9900?........ Also, it does sound like you're overpowering the shaft when you're swinging it.... you could maybe try the U2.
    Last edited by visor; 03-09-2010 at 04:31 PM.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FIVEs View Post
    On the contrary stringing tighter makes the shaft flex more because of the very rigid string plane.
    Agree on paper, it's true. But sometimes a softer string (MP) at low tension gives the "perception" of a more flexible shaft.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agree. maybe the T2 just isn't your cup-of-tea.

That's why there are so many rackets out there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Stiffer = T1 right? maybe he should have a go at one of those instead. Or perhaps an Ultra 2.