User Tag List

Page 17 of 438 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 67 117 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wink Racket case

Quote Originally Posted by bluecraze07 View Post
    Just out of curiosity Dan, did you design a racket case for these as well?
    Bluecraze07: we did not design the racket case. However every racket does comes with a dust-free carrying case which can be store comfortably in any racket bags.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up Panda Power rackets have ariived in NorCal

I got a shipment from Dinkalot for northern californian's interested in demo-ing and trying out the new Panda Rackets. Im a regular at GGBC Menlo Park and GGBC Emeryville, however I do play at many other clubs including BBC, Bintang. Please feel free to PM, email, or IM me if you're interested in just trying them out. I'm always open to meeting more members and of course more players and enthusiasts. Send emails to illusionistpro(at)gmail(dot)com

So far my impressions are:
    The Ultra is a super beefy racket and it hits hard. I cant unlock its full potential, but I can still get some decent power out of it. The racket doesnt jeopardize defense at the cost of its power, and I think thats partially because this racket is still fairly light, most of the ones I got seemed to be 3U around 88g. The paint on this racket seems to be inspired a little by the arc saber 7, but only in looks. The black racket has white and yellow highlights and there's a subtle purple sparkle on the frame that gives it a undertone of finesse, but the yellow highlights make it look rather aggressive. This racket swings heavy, and according to the post's here can take a whole lot of tension. I'd say this racket is for heavy hitters, or singles players. It seems best for people with a short stroke, however I have a long stroke myself and I can't still drop some bombs with it.

The Trinity is a great all around racket perfect for doubles. It is definitely reminiscent of the old-Ti10, which packs a good punch but still has fast transition to defense. The power on the Trinity is definitely not lacking. Like the Ultra this racket seems to be underweight, yet still has adequate power. Shaft on this racket is medium stiff and would be good for fast rallies. The paint on the Trinity doesn't look like much in the pictures, and Ill be the first to say I wasn't feeling the color scheme until I saw the rackets. The Trinity has an old school feel with its bolder red tone on a black shaft with less expressive white highlights. I'd consider the Trinity a strong racket with an old school feel. Its a solid no frills racket that wont leave you disappointed.

Overall, im very impressed with both rackets. I play both doubles and singles, focusing on singles. I was previously using a Chao Pai 728, which was great, and I loved it, but it left me yearning for just a little more racket. The Trinity will surely fill its place nicely.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by illusionistpro View Post
    I got a shipment from Dinkalot for northern californian's interested in demo-ing and trying out the new Panda Rackets. Im a regular at GGBC Menlo Park and GGBC Emeryville, however I do play at many other clubs including BBC, Bintang. Please feel free to PM, email, or IM me if you're interested in just trying them out. I'm always open to meeting more members and of course more players and enthusiasts. Send emails to illusionistpro(at)gmail(dot)com

So far my impressions are:
    The Ultra is a super beefy racket and it hits hard. I cant unlock its full potential, but I can still get some decent power out of it. The racket doesnt jeopardize defense at the cost of its power, and I think thats partially because this racket is still fairly light, most of the ones I got seemed to be 3U around 88g. The paint on this racket seems to be inspired a little by the arc saber 7, but only in looks. The black racket has white and yellow highlights and there's a subtle purple sparkle on the frame that gives it a undertone of finesse, but the yellow highlights make it look rather aggressive. This racket swings heavy, and according to the post's here can take a whole lot of tension. I'd say this racket is for heavy hitters, or singles players. It seems best for people with a short stroke, however I have a long stroke myself and I can't still drop some bombs with it.

The Trinity is a great all around racket perfect for doubles. It is definitely reminiscent of the old-Ti10, which packs a good punch but still has fast transition to defense. The power on the Trinity is definitely not lacking. Like the Ultra this racket seems to be underweight, yet still has adequate power. Shaft on this racket is medium stiff and would be good for fast rallies. The paint on the Trinity doesn't look like much in the pictures, and Ill be the first to say I wasn't feeling the color scheme until I saw the rackets. The Trinity has an old school feel with its bolder red tone on a black shaft with less expressive white highlights. I'd consider the Trinity a strong racket with an old school feel. Its a solid no frills racket that wont leave you disappointed.

Overall, im very impressed with both rackets. I play both doubles and singles, focusing on singles. I was previously using a Chao Pai 728, which was great, and I loved it, but it left me yearning for just a little more racket. The Trinity will surely fill its place nicely.
    You bought 10 of each??Nice!!
    Have fun playing with them hehe

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ultra is tooooo STIFF!!! for me....

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by silentheart View Post
    Ultra is tooooo STIFF!!! for me....
    Ahhhh, you strung and tried?

Don't worry, just about everyone that's bought one has said that.

Just waiting on Pete, he might think it's perfect.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Exclamation Please Note

This thread had become a 'Marketing' thread.
    Most recent posts (mine too) were 'Sales Q&A'

97 posts have been moved to a new thread in the Market Place.
    The new thread is: 'Panda Power Racquets - Ultra & Trinity'.

If your post is a sales query, please post in the new thread

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Old One, Panda was going to ask you to clean up this thread and change the name but you are Master Jedi and know Panda's thoughts.

By the way, I only strung it at 35lbs. I was going to do 40 but that would be a bad joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldhand View Post
    This thread had become a 'Marketing' thread.
    Most recent posts (mine too) were 'Sales Q&A'

97 posts have been moved to a new thread in the Market Place.
    The new thread is: 'Panda Power Racquets - Ultra & Trinity'.

If your post is a sales query, please post in the new thread

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DinkAlot View Post
    Thanks Old One, Panda was going to ask you to clean up this thread and change the name but you are Master Jedi and know Panda's thoughts.

By the way, I only strung it at 35lbs. I was going to do 40 but that would be a bad joke.
    Yup, removed the 'Thunder' from the title as it is redundant.
    By the way, I have sent an email to dcbadminton

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Panda Power Trinity

I played with my Trinity for the first time today. DinkALot has been kind enough to give us exact measurements so remember that my review only applies to Trinity that I actually played with. At 88g and 290mm BP it would be very different.

Weight: 85.5g
    Balance Point: 283mm
    String: Ashaway ZM67
    Tension: 23lbs
    Grip: Karakal PU Super (black)

The Trinity was everything that I was hoping for, it was light and very fast. My back was stiff today so I wasn't hitting all-out but I felt like the power was very nice all things considered. I was able to drive my clears all the way back despite the fact that I was giving them two-thirds power and my wristy smashes were very sharp and crisp. I didn't do a lot of full smashes but my two-thirds smash did ok (lots of weak returns that my doubles partner could finish off).

As for speed and manuverability, it was blazing fast my defense was very nice today. I was able to get ahead of the birdie for cross-court drops and a steeper angle on my wristy smashes. I even returned a bunch of shots that I had no right to return (shots I could barely even see but was just able to get my racquet in place).

I'll know about it's full power when I'm back to full strength (and play some singles) but my initial review is:

Power: 8/10
    Manuverability: 9.5/10
    Feel: 9.5/10

That's plenty to keep my other racquets on the bench the Trinity in my hand!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So, Ben, should I get the 87.5g, BP290 Trinity strung and ready to ship?

Quote Originally Posted by weinsteinium View Post

At 88g and 290mm BP it would be very different.

Weight: 85.5g
    Balance Point: 283mm
    String: Ashaway ZM67
    Tension: 23lbs
    Grip: Karakal PU Super (black)

The Trinity was everything that I was hoping for, it was light and very fast.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So, Ben, should I get the 87.5g, BP290 Trinity strung and ready to ship?

dose that mean there are different kinds of the trinity/ultra?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Deathsticks View Post
    No, the only two models out from DC Badminton, are Trinity and Ultra, however, not all rackets are going to be spot on. There are going to be tolerances that the balance and weight will be within. From the posted specs for the Trinity I think the balance points are 290mm +-5mm so about 1-2% tolerance, and then with weight its 84-89g.

Dont interpret this as a bad thing. If anything I would say its a good thing. Players can super fine tune their racket preference and get a racket whose general design, stiffness, and frame stability etc will match their needs. Not all manufacturers do this, however I know i've come across chao pai that have it, sotx and now panda power I think its another sign of good quality control.

I think fun rackets would be a 290+ bp Trinity with very high weight 92g, sounds like 2U ti10, or a racket listed above low bp and low weight for quick nimble performance, with med-fair easy power.
    Last edited by illusionistpro; 07-20-2009 at 06:42 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Indeed, this is a good sign! Now, players have more choices in fine tuning their rackets. If there are Ultra(s) out there with over 92 + grams, I would be happy .

Quote Originally Posted by illusionistpro View Post
    No, the only two models out from DC Badminton, are Trinity and Ultra, however, not all rackets are going to be spot on. There are going to be tolerances that the balance and weight will be within. From the posted specs for the Trinity I think the balance points are 290mm +-5mm so about 1-2% tolerance, and then with weight its 84-89g.

Dont interpret this as a bad thing. If anything I would say its a good thing. Players can super fine tune their racket preference and get a racket whose general design, stiffness, and frame stability etc will match their needs. Not all manufacturers do this, however I know i've come across chao pai that have it, sotx and now panda power I think its another sign of good quality control.

I think fun rackets would be a 290+ bp Trinity with very high weight 92g, sounds like 2U ti10, or a racket listed above low bp and low weight for quick nimble performance, with med-fair easy power.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SF Bay Area Demo day/ Play dates
    Just a few days this week Ill be hitting up the gym to hit with friends. Ill be swinging the Trinity as its my new racket im adjusting to. Feel free to PM or drop by if you want to try out the Trinity or Ultra.

7/20 730-9pm GGBC Menlo Park
    7/21 630-11pm GGBC Emeryville tentative (i have jury duty!
    7/23 9-11pm GGBC Menlo Park
    and more tba...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Deathsticks View Post
    Not different kinds or rackets, but different weights and balance points (BPs).

The whole idea of knowing the exact weight and BP is so you can fine tune what you desire. Also, if buying another racket, you know what specifications too look for. Saying you use a 4U or 3U racket is far too general. A 4U can made to swing like a 2U and a 2U like a 4U.

The exact weight and BP matter.

That's why we here at DC Badminton measure and weight each racket. Sounds like a commercial.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pete LSD View Post
    If there are Ultra(s) out there with over 92 + grams, I would be happy .
    Pete would be happy but those rackets would just sit on your shelf because you wouldn't be able to wield them. LOL!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

No, those rackets will be in my locker at VRC, ready to rock & roll!!!

Pete would be happy but those rackets would just sit on your shelf because you wouldn't be able to wield them. LOL!

Page 17 of 438 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 67 117 ... LastLast