User Tag List

Page 18 of 453 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 68 118 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Pete you are crazy!!!

Originally Posted by Pete LSD
    If there are Ultra(s) out there with over 92 + grams, I would be happy .

[/quote]

I can't even wield the 86g BP290 Ultra...

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by guavawang View Post
    I can't even wield the 86g BP290 Ultra...
    If you can't then what does that make Pete? Chopped liver? Sushi? Sashimi? 4-Day old chili?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I do eat chili raw !

Quote Originally Posted by DinkAlot View Post
    If you can't then what does that make Pete? Chopped liver? Sushi? Sashimi? 4-Day old chili?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So, Ben, should I get the 87.5g, BP290 Trinity strung and ready to ship?

I'll have to talk to the wife about that one

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I went to play today and I was using the Trinity and having a really hard time adjusting to it from my Chao Pai Nano 728. Those rackets were 287 bp and 87 and 88 grams. The Trinity I was using was 290 bp 87.1 and 87.2 and I just couldnt generate power. My accuracy was fair, but the power was so weak. Clears were going 3/4 and I was getting KILLED! I ended up getting into a singles match and saw the opponent wasn't very powerful so I though this would be a good chance to try the Ultra again. I went for it and It was GREAT! Warming up over hand clears were wonderful, smashers were explosive! WTHECK is going on! i was thinking. I played the rest of the evening with the Ultra. I have no clue what is happening but for whatever reason I hit much better with the Ultra than the Trinity despite my previous racket being more mild than the Trinity. And so...Your mileage may vary.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

It must be the raw chili and LSD mixed up too well together !

Quote Originally Posted by illusionistpro View Post
    I went to play today and I was using the Trinity and having a really hard time adjusting to it from my Chao Pai Nano 728. Those rackets were 287 bp and 87 and 88 grams. The Trinity I was using was 290 bp 87.1 and 87.2 and I just couldnt generate power. My accuracy was fair, but the power was so weak. Clears were going 3/4 and I was getting KILLED! I ended up getting into a singles match and saw the opponent wasn't very powerful so I though this would be a good chance to try the Ultra again. I went for it and It was GREAT! Warming up over hand clears were wonderful, smashers were explosive! WTHECK is going on! i was thinking. I played the rest of the evening with the Ultra. I have no clue what is happening but for whatever reason I hit much better with the Ultra than the Trinity despite my previous racket being more mild than the Trinity. And so...Your mileage may vary.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by illusionistpro View Post
    I went to play today and I was using the Trinity and having a really hard time adjusting to it from my Chao Pai Nano 728. Those rackets were 287 bp and 87 and 88 grams. The Trinity I was using was 290 bp 87.1 and 87.2 and I just couldnt generate power.
    The racket was probably too much for you. The Trinity does not have a medium stiff shaft, it has a stiff shaft. Try the Trinity at a lesser weight and see what happens.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

for the 40 lbs i think just like a ply wood that we cut and put it to be fitted to the frame and then go out for the game......hahaha

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wink An unbiased & uncensored review will be due shortly..

..after quickly reading all 18 pages of this thread, i can't wait to finally get my hands & fingers and try out master DinkAlot's newest inventions, later tonight...woohooo!!

stay tuned for more unbiased & uncensored review of the 2 rackets later tonite..

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ctjcad View Post
    stay tuned for more unbiased & uncensored review of the 2 rackets later tonite..
    Are you coming over to SGVBC tonight? We plan to be there from 6-11pm.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default ^^Definitely..^^

..as a matter of fact, i might camp out @ SGVBC as early as 5:30..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool wow

..as a matter of fact, i might camp out @ SGVBC as early as 5:30..
    you won't be disappointing, it is worth the wait

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default ^^Yes..^^

..and i've been waiting (and waiting and waiting) to make time & try them out ever since master DinkAlot announced their release..

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

..and i've been waiting (and waiting and waiting) to make time & try them out ever since master DinkAlot announced their release..

Chris, I do not understand how you have been "waiting (and waiting and waiting)".

1) The rackets were only available about a week ago.

2) You have multiple ways to get a hold of Panda: e-mail, IM, phone call, friends, meet at a designated time stated here. Panda had no idea you were so eager to try out the rackets. Panda's honored.

3) Also, would it not be hard to review the rackets in any detail after one night play testing?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Quick hitz review..

Chris, I do not understand how you have been "waiting (and waiting and waiting)".

1) The rackets were only available about a week ago.

2) You have multiple ways to get a hold of Panda: e-mail, IM, phone call, friends, meet at a designated time stated here. Panda had no idea you were so eager to try out the rackets. Panda's honored.

3) Also, would it not be hard to review the rackets in any detail after one night play testing?
    - Yes, i've been "waiting" for the right time to come and test the rackets..
    The waiting was almost unbearable. The hours passed and it felt like weeks. The days passed and it felt like months...
    - Yes, i noticed they just came out the last week or so..
    - Yes, i was able to get a hold of your first line of security line. Yes, i was eager to check them out.
    - Yes, you're partly right.

Anyway, here is my quick hitz review of Panda Power's 2 newest rackets; the Ultra & the Trinity. And before i start, just want to say thanks to both Dan & Tommy for allowing me to test the rackets.

So, i came early today, as promised and waited sort of anxiously. Not too long of a wait, master Dan came walking in with his trusty companion, master Tommy. Soon, i was wielding & swatting the shuttles with both rackets.

I did 2 tests. Both rackets were strung with relatively the same tension, 25-26 lbs. I'll share my initial testing first:

First up in my tryout was the Ultra. First thing i noticed when i held the racket was its weight. IIRC, the racket version i was wielding was the 87-88g version. The shaft felt relatively stiff. I swung the racket and whacked the bird with relative ease as it packed a good & solid punch, whilst doing some clears, drives, pushes and smashes. The smashes felt good, oh yeah, felt real good. Backhand clears, backhand pushes, backhand drives were also pretty solid. Now comes the maneuvarability test. Surprisingly, i was able to wield it with relative ease. It felt a bit heavy, but i didn't feel much difficulty in trying to defend smashes or drives.
    Overall, the Ultra has a solid feel. Heavy but still wieldable, at least on my hands.

Now, after chatting with Dan and Tommy, i found out that the Ultra does come with a few other variations (mostly with BP and weight). Personally, a slightly lighter version, say an 86-87g, would be fine with me.

Next up is the Trinity. Just like what everyone has mentioned before, yes, the Trinity is indeed much more wield friendly, lighter than the Ultra. The shaft felt a bit more flexible than the Ultra. Now comes the test. Unknown to me, the version that i was wielding, IIRC around 85-86g, felt a bit on the head-light side. I tried to do the same clears, drives, pushes and smashes, backhand strokes and felt it wasn't as solid or didn't have the same feeling as the Ultra. On my swings, it seems the racket was heavier. Even the other person who was testing the racket w/me felt the same. I don't know, maybe of the weight of the racket or the BP or the flex of the shaft was the cause. Maneuvarability wise, it felt okay, not much different with the Ultra.

Here is my 2nd testing:

After i did my initial testing & unsatisfied with the Trinity, i tested another version of the Trinity. This time i was given a slightly heavier version; and IIRC, i tried the 87-88g version. Wow, what a difference a few extra grams make. I was quite satisfied with the solid feel and punch the heavier Trinity version was providing. It almost felt like the Ultra, which i tried earlier.

Overall:
    Pretty much the same w/what others had already mentioned. In the 2 testings, i can conclude that the Ultra and Trinity are pretty good and pretty solid rackets. Finish-wise, i definitely prefer the Ultra's color scheme & finish. Weight wise, i think the max i can go with is 88g, and that's for both attacking & defending. Anything higher than that, then i'd probably won't be able to wield it with ease.

Downside:
    Too bad i was only able to do a semi-stationary testing as I wasn't able to play a game with either racket to see how they respond. I would guess, over the course of a game, the heavier version Ultra or the heavier version Trinity would be a bit more demanding. But if one can handle it, then i'd say go for it.

One last note, there will be another model coming out soon, the Woven model. Supposedly, it should fall in between the Ultra & the Trinity. Tommy mentioned, maybe i should test that one later and maybe it'll suit me better.
    Last edited by ctjcad; 07-22-2009 at 01:11 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Btw..

..yes, as guaranteed by Tommy, the rackets didn't disappoint me.

I'd love to try & use either or both rackets in a real game to see how they fare..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by weinsteinium View Post
    I played with my Trinity for the first time today. DinkALot has been kind enough to give us exact measurements so remember that my review only applies to Trinity that I actually played with. At 88g and 290mm BP it would be very different.

Weight: 85.5g
    Balance Point: 283mm
    String: Ashaway ZM67
    Tension: 23lbs
    Grip: Karakal PU Super (black)

The Trinity was everything that I was hoping for, it was light and very fast. My back was stiff today so I wasn't hitting all-out but I felt like the power was very nice all things considered. I was able to drive my clears all the way back despite the fact that I was giving them two-thirds power and my wristy smashes were very sharp and crisp. I didn't do a lot of full smashes but my two-thirds smash did ok (lots of weak returns that my doubles partner could finish off).

As for speed and manuverability, it was blazing fast my defense was very nice today. I was able to get ahead of the birdie for cross-court drops and a steeper angle on my wristy smashes. I even returned a bunch of shots that I had no right to return (shots I could barely even see but was just able to get my racquet in place).

I'll know about it's full power when I'm back to full strength (and play some singles) but my initial review is:

Power: 8/10
    Manuverability: 9.5/10
    Feel: 9.5/10

That's plenty to keep my other racquets on the bench the Trinity in my hand!
    I played with my Trinity again yesterday and my back was feeling better so I was able to smash at full power. I have to say that I was very impressed. When I was hitting at half-strength I was guessing how hard it would hit at full power and the Trinity surpassed that.

I also got a chance to play some singles with it and use my attacking clear a bunch (For me, driving the birdie from my backcourt to my opponent backcourt about 10 feet off the ground with a lot of velocity is one of the most demanding shots and a place where I see the difference in power between racquets) and the power was almost up to my VH1800 (remember that my Trinity is 85.5g and 283mm BP which makes it way lighter and faster than my VH1800 which was more like 88g and 290mm BP).

For such a light racquet, the power was a little bit shocking. I'm going to up my rating to:

Weight: 85.5g
    Balance Point: 283mm
    String: Ashaway ZM67
    Tension: 23lbs
    Grip: Karakal PU Super (black)

Power: 8.5/10
    Manuverability: 9.5/10
    Feel: 9.5/10

Page 18 of 453 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 68 118 ... LastLast