User Tag List

Page 206 of 453 FirstFirst ... 106 156 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 256 306 ... LastLast
Results 3,486 to 3,502 of 7685
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's easy: Panda holds the racket in his paws at the racket's balance point (the middle of the shaft) and spins the racket.

To date, there has not been one Panda Power racket that was unbalanced. If there was, it would depend on the severity. If not very severe, Panda would just keep the racket and use as a test racket. If too severe return to the manufacturer.

Quote Originally Posted by alana07 View Post
    at dink,
    "8) ...next, "harmonic balance" of the racket, which is done by spinning the racket at the shaft. If the racket spins true, no wobble, the racket is balanced. If the racket wobbles, that means the racket may have a defect, depending how severe the wobble is..."

how do you perform this process, ie what method to spin the racket at the shaft? what is the solution if the racket is found to be unbalanced? thanks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DinkAlot View Post
    It's easy: Panda holds the racket in his paws at the racket's balance point (the middle of the shaft) and spins the racket.

To date, there has not been one Panda Power racket that was unbalanced. If there was, it would depend on the severity. If not very severe, Panda would just keep the racket and use as a test racket. If too severe return to the manufacturer.
    thanks for the insights.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DinkAlot View Post

oops double posting

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi!

Just a question for T and P users. Before I owned T2 racket with 285/83g specification which was for me power and control. Today I tried P since 3 months not playing and my findings are that it does have special crisp feeling but maybe it was me or my timing every smash I create to the opponent it was returned. Now I do not know what cause that but maybe shuttle did not get enough speed because of the racket specifications (285/83), maybe the timing was bad or maybe I did not use enough wrist to push it since this racket is more wrist oriented than arm I would say.

Because I used similar T2 specified racked and because I use equal P specification racket I would say that P should provide more speed and power since head shape, less stiff shaft (easy to flex with less arm and wrist power should be used).

Maybe I am wrong. Panda do not get this post as a negative review I am just looking what could be wrong. For sure I will give P second chance but maybe I was just better with T2 or maybe I should get spare P with more weight and more BP to try it out.

Regards

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe it's the strings causing it to feel less crisp. After 3 months there's bound to be some tension lost. Or maybe it's because you lost some technique in those 3 months.

Mentioned
    139 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

cayzi,

Possibly timing issue? As the P is a tad faster than the already fast T2.

Also, my experience with both of my T2 and P of same specs seem to indicate to me that if you're a powerful hitter, you will find that the flexier P shaft's limit is reached and exceeded earlier and thus is less able to transfer your max power onto the shuttle.

Hence, I'm very eagerly waiting for the Revelation and perhaps the T Pro.
    Last edited by visor; 12-03-2010 at 12:14 PM.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the timing is a bit harder with the P, since the shaft bends more and you have to readjust. Other than that, both rackets don't feel very powerful with those specs when compared to my others....my Revelation is gonna be heavier. In defensive play, the Precision is unmatched, though. So much speed & control!
    But for smashes, I need more weight and a higher BP. 83/287 isn't enough - 85/295+ and 87/295+ should be more suited for singles
    @cayzi: perhaps 1g+/1mm+ would be closer to your T2? I'm just guessing, but the speed will definitely be closer then. And it'll have a bit more meat for smashes

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

simple

P was designed as a doubles racket so fast fast fast.

So if T2 and P have same spec's

T2 for most people a bit more pep and a bit slower
    P for most people less pep and faster.

If you balanced out their speed you would have to have a heavier
    or higher bp P which would have more pep. In the other direction the T2 would
    have to be lighter or less bp and would have less pep.

Bottom line the P was designed for double so most people including myself
    never expected it to be so fast compared to the T2. Power is still fine but
    next order I will up the weight and bp a bit and still have all the quickness of
    the T2 and will be increasing the power due to mass or bp adjustments.

For some it will differ due to technique but most people I have talked too it
    boils to adjusting weight and bp a bit. Nice thing about it Dan weighs and does
    the bp on each racket so you can order exactly what you want.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the T2 is a better doubles racket. Maybe panda should make a P pro. (stiffer version of the Precision but with same speed) But I'm more of an Ultra type person so that's just me.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Same here - in doubles, I like a bit more control, and a bit more max power since I have more time when I smash hard (as I dont have to cover the whole court). In flat, fast exchanges, both rackets are pretty close, but I prefer the increased accuracy of the T2 over the slightly higher speed of the P. In singles, I prefer the P, since clears take less effort and drops are very accurate.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yesterday. Played with the T2. Then switch to the P. Then played with the U2 for about 40 minutes. The U2 is feels significantly more solid. P remind me of the ZELM Trixon but not as flexible. Definitely it needs an upgrade for a stiffer shaft.

P was matched with ZM62 at 27lbs. Maybe the thinner string coupled with less stiff shaft feels overall feels less solid. Maybe at 29lbs it will feel a bit better. It is very forgiving and fast. Kind of taking away the fun of trying to play better.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know why, but the paint of an area in the cone of my PP just suddenly chipped off. It never clashed to a racket or fell from a height or anything like that. I don't even hold the racket up to the cone level. I've attached a picture that shows the chipped off part. What possibly caused this? Or is it just really poor paint quality?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Panda what does LASET PAINT mean for new R racket?

I found info here:
    http://www.dcbadminton.net/products.htm

I just hope Panda Power will get better paint quality than they are having now.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kevindd992002 View Post
    I don't know why, but the paint of an area in the cone of my PP just suddenly chipped off. It never clashed to a racket or fell from a height or anything like that. I don't even hold the racket up to the cone level. I've attached a picture that shows the chipped off part. What possibly caused this? Or is it just really poor paint quality?
    It's sadly quite usual for rackets to get chipped there, as that area is deformed quite a lot (every time you bend the shaft). Poor paint quality is not always the reason, the high level of stress in that area can damage even the best paint (as I found out with my LN rackets).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by j4ckie View Post
    It's sadly quite usual for rackets to get chipped there, as that area is deformed quite a lot (every time you bend the shaft). Poor paint quality is not always the reason, the high level of stress in that area can damage even the best paint (as I found out with my LN rackets).
    Thanks for the info. Still it's a very good racket

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I already did 4 restring on my 2 P. What I find is the frame is kind of flexible. May be too flexible(IMHO). Especially when I do the final 2 crosses, the top part of the frame actually change shape. Its movement is a lot more then all other racket I re-string so far. I felt scare when I am only restring it at 26lb. Cannot think what would happen if I do 30lb. During play P did give the accuracy that most of the posting so far. The only downturn is the power is a lot less that other racket, and that is 1the trade off from the speed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

strange, I have strung up my PPP up to 29lbs and my frame doesn't warp. I just did ZM62 at 26 and it feels goooooood

And I do feel that the power is less on the PPP, but I adjust my playing style just a bit and change the speed of each smash and put more placement on them. Like right at your face for one and the next one is 1/2 power smash at your toes, followed by a full power to your arm pit.