User Tag List

Page 233 of 436 FirstFirst ... 133 183 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 283 333 ... LastLast
Results 3,945 to 3,961 of 7397
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just copied Dimcorner's directly (please don't sue me)
    http://cid-b1e7ee094271bbda.office.l...blic/panda.svg

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by j4ckie View Post
    Well I like to smash a lot as well, but I favor heavier rackets....N50II and N70 being my current rackets (N50II when N70 is too slow for doubles/mixed). I used to play with the N90, but my forearm always tired in the 2nd singles match when we had league matches so I made an effort to get used to a less head-heavy racket. And as the N70 is more flexible as well, clears require even less effort =)

Print at 75%.
    Everyone has their own preferences, I also own the n50 and n90 and prefer the n90. However, I do not feel the "pain" in my arms. It's a matter of form and strength and that's why I would say you try the UltraPro, if you haven't yet.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It wasn't pain, swinging around the massive headweight of the N90 just tired me out - it's really not made for drives or fast defense. It was mostly the drives which did the damage...
    The Ultra Pro sounds pretty nice, but I'm very certain that the shaft is too stiff for my liking. I find the N90 just tolerable because the headweight makes bending it easier, but the UP is significantly stiffer. That would make clears too hard for effective use in singles, and I cant really afford to buy another racket just for fun in training doubles...I really doubt it would become my first choice there. Perhaps I'll be able to utilize it later on, but that's when I'll buy a stiffer racket

Mentioned
    106 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Hehe. If I got enough to last me one season with nice specs, I would take the sponsorship - only problem being that most PP rackets are too stiff for me to use regularly. Only the Precision and T2 have good stiffness, and I got both with wrong specs for my style of play (too light, too headlight). [Ideal specs would be 90g@290, 90g@295 and 87g@305. (Basically N50, N50II, N70 )]. The other problem being my level of play is probably not high enough to promote Panda's rackets sufficiently to warrant a sponsorship
    90g?! What are you hitting... real birds?

I don't understand how you can wield a heavy 2U racket and yet can't bend a stiff shaft.

If you don't mind me asking, what's your height and weight?

I've always had this theory that body and muscle type determines which racket fit best.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does 90g include the grip and strings? Because darn those are really heavy 2U rackets your using. :P

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by visor View Post
    I've always had this theory that body and muscle type determines which racket fit best.
    Sir, Panda completely disagrees.

Panda has found it almost always depends on one of these four things:

1) Level of play: if you are an advanced player you will know what you need and won't be swayed by marketing, technology, gimmicks, advice or anything else. If new rackets and/or string come out with better technology, you can simply determine if they are better by comparing your current benchmark to it. If it's better, you may upgrade. If not, you will stay put.

You are an advanced player, you know it's your skill that makes you what you are not your equipment.

Intermediate: usually have a good idea of what their needs are but are more prone to try new things.

Beginners: will try as much as they can afford. But in reality, just buying any solid $50-$75 racket will be fine as using the most expensive or least expensive racket won't make a difference for them because they cannot tell the difference...yet.

2) Badminton Environment: you play mainly doubles, naturally will go to a lighter, more mobile racket. You play singles, you will be inclined to go with a heavier, racket. Your friends all use racket x, you may follow suit. Your club or coach promote a certain racket, you go with it.

3) Technology Aficionados: you always want the latest and greatest technological advancements. You go out and buy every new racket and test them and try to determine which is best. You bank on the "newer is better" thinking it's analogous to computer processing speed (which badminton is not).

4) Your psyche: you hear people say a 2U, ultra stiff racket strung at 35lbs. is super macho and decide to use it. You like the fact that you know you have the most demanding, tightest strung racket and you feel good regardless of your level of play, whether or not you can actually wield it, and don't care if it actually brings your level of play down. You are satisfied with yourself and also telling people what you use and your tension brings "ooooohs" and "aaaaahs" doesn't hurt either.

As for body size and muscle mass, it is only an early indicator for beginners. Panda goes back to the level of play being most important, then what you are playing and the level of the opponents you are playing.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

An additional comment regarding the ideal racket:

It doesn't matter what anyone says, the best racket is the one you feel most confident, most comfortable with because that's the one you will do best with because you feel it's the best.

If you are unsure, consult an advanced player or coach. They can assess very easily and give you good advice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DinkAlot View Post
    An additional comment regarding the ideal racket:

It doesn't matter what anyone says, the best racket is the one you feel most confident, most comfortable with because that's the one you will do best with because you feel it's the best.

If you are unsure, consult an advanced player or coach. They can assess very easily and give you good advice.
    True that!! and I second it 100 and 20 percent.....

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by what07 View Post
    Does 90g include the grip and strings? Because darn those are really heavy 2U rackets your using. :P
    wouldn't those be very light 2U's ... Most 3U's (YY) for me are 88-89gr already, mostly 89 ... unstrung+stock grip. So 90 isn't as heavy as may seem.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by demolidor View Post
    wouldn't those be very light 2U's ... Most 3U's (YY) for me are 88-89gr already, mostly 89 ... unstrung+stock grip. So 90 isn't as heavy as may seem.
    Yup, 2U starts at 90g upto 94g. so a 90g may just be an off spec 3U.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, officially, those are 3U N50II. The weight is unstrung, ungripped - with string&grip (grip removed, thin overgrip+towel grip applied), they're at 103.8/106.3. N70 is at 105.2. Regarding the weight/height: I'm currently 6"2 (1.89m)@176lbs. I have no problem wielding heavier rackets, and my netplay isnt slowed much - but they give me more power in overhead shots, which I still need to make the clears really effortless in singles. I also like the big smashes
    I'll try out the TPro as it's significantly less stiff than the UP, this time with better specs.

Quote Originally Posted by DinkAlot View Post
    Sir, Panda completely disagrees.

Panda has found it almost always depends on one of these four things:

1) Level of play: if you are an advanced player you will know what you need and won't be swayed by marketing, technology, gimmicks, advice or anything else. If new rackets and/or string come out with better technology, you can simply determine if they are better by comparing your current benchmark to it. If it's better, you may upgrade. If not, you will stay put.

You are an advanced player, you know it's your skill that makes you what you are not your equipment.

Intermediate: usually have a good idea of what their needs are but are more prone to try new things.

Beginners: will try as much as they can afford. But in reality, just buying any solid $50-$75 racket will be fine as using the most expensive or least expensive racket won't make a difference for them because they cannot tell the difference...yet.

2) Badminton Environment: you play mainly doubles, naturally will go to a lighter, more mobile racket. You play singles, you will be inclined to go with a heavier, racket. Your friends all use racket x, you may follow suit. Your club or coach promote a certain racket, you go with it.

3) Technology Aficionados: you always want the latest and greatest technological advancements. You go out and buy every new racket and test them and try to determine which is best. You bank on the "newer is better" thinking it's analogous to computer processing speed (which badminton is not).

4) Your psyche: you hear people say a 2U, ultra stiff racket strung at 35lbs. is super macho and decide to use it. You like the fact that you know you have the most demanding, tightest strung racket and you feel good regardless of your level of play, whether or not you can actually wield it, and don't care if it actually brings your level of play down. You are satisfied with yourself and also telling people what you use and your tension brings "ooooohs" and "aaaaahs" doesn't hurt either.

As for body size and muscle mass, it is only an early indicator for beginners. Panda goes back to the level of play being most important, then what you are playing and the level of the opponents you are playing.
    I agree. As I'm currently a lower intermediate player (better in doubles), I'm pretty sure about what rackets I need.
    On the other hand, I'm an equipment freak - that started when I was still playing table tennis, and hasn't stopped. I like comparing different rackets, getting a feel for the differences, finding out how to utilize their strengths. So after the season is over, you'll see me using up to 4 or 5 different rackets in training. Right now, I try to limit myself to 3 rackets (N70, N50II, 1 for fun)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by demolidor View Post
    Sorry, was kinda sleepy, meant to say heavy 3U's.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default UK/EU Ultra Pros

To any and all UK/EU players waiting for the UP - the package was submitted for shipping in USA on 23rd December, and since the world shuts down from Xmas to New Year, a significant delay will have been introduced above and beyond the usual 14-16 working day shipping period. I can only ask for your continued patience, and assure you again that the rackets will be in my hands only long enough to string and re-package them.

M.

P.S. There should be no such delay with the forthcoming UP shipment (unless NorCal decides to celebrate Chinese New Year en masse).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I apologize if I missed some things, but do we have any definite details about the TPro? I know Dink said that the target BP was 285-300, but what else do we know? And the price?

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ahh I did. Thank you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I like to smash a lot as well, but I favor heavier rackets....N50II and N70 being my current rackets (N50II when N70 is too slow for doubles/mixed). I used to play with the N90, but my forearm always tired in the 2nd singles match when we had league matches so I made an effort to get used to a less head-heavy racket. And as the N70 is more flexible as well, clears require even less effort =)

Print at 75%.
    Nice!

I'll have to give this one a shot as well. I made a new design with a more oval head to try it out. Will take pics when I get home. The new design I have I made in Photoshop so I have the PSD.