User Tag List

Page 235 of 437 FirstFirst ... 135 185 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 285 335 ... LastLast
Results 3,979 to 3,995 of 7414
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

T2 is now my go-to racquet. But it has a higher BP than any other racquets I have ever used, so I need to practice my wrist strength but since I love net play, I noticed that it's easier to do net play techniques than before because of the speed, lightness and higher tension.

And I use the same Karakal PU grip too, it felt so good and tacky too.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aCROX999 View Post
    I've received my Trinity 2 last Tuesday(thanks to Mr. Ansar Aris for taking his time dealing with me for a month, haha) and strung it at 26lbs with an Apacs string, and overgrip it with a Karakal grip. It's a very good racquet, my first try on the racquet was yesterday, playing at an open court, no roof, no walls, and with a strong wind blowing. I was very impressed with the racquet, it's very aerodynamic, I can swing it easily even when the wind blows strongly. I felt a lot powerful and faster too. I also played for almost 2 hours this morning at an indoor court where I usually went to and used my Trinity 2 but I still have not used it to its full potential. I wonder why but after 2 days I didn't play badminton, I seems to forgot the smashing technique, lol.

By the way, the specs is:
    SW : 85.9
    BP : 292mm

Oh, and the badminton shop where I went to strung the racquet is funny. She said this is a fake racquet, never buy online anymore after this, come to her shop and buy racquets from them. Her reason is simple, she never heard of Panda Power or DCBadminton. Let me tell you that this kind of business trick won't work on me.
    But the design is kinda off at the frame, the red stripes I mean. Was it really meant like that? Overall, the racquet is awesome, excellent job guys.

P.s. Sketchy(or whoever the webmaster of dcbadminton.net are), please update the website with latest photos, I was confused when I received my racquet. I thought I got an old version of it but it's not. I did some research and I even misread about it too, lol, it was embarrassing. :P
    grats on your new racket
    lol.. to that woman in badminton shop
    you should say to her about dc badminton

I will order the Tpro once I finished explore my AS008T (I only use it for 3 hours in past 2 months! )
    and once I can decide the bp and weight that I want (still can't decide it!)
    Last edited by Avenger; 01-20-2011 at 06:41 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My personal experience - and that's all it is - is that at the target specs, the Precision hits harder.
    I have several T2s (v1 & v2) all around 85g/285-290mm. I also have Precisions, ranging from 83g/280mm up to 88g/290mm. All are strung the same - ZM62 @24lbs.
    The mid-weight Precision hits hardest of all, and with the least effort. The heavier (off-spec) one feels much slower, and actually doesn't hit as hard because the shaft is too flexible relative to the weight of the racket head (the heavier the racket, the stiffer the shaft needs to be).
    Basically, if you pick a weight/balance that's a long way off the designed spec, even if it's closer to your usual preferred specs, you can't automatically expect it to play better.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exactly right sketchy. Do you have any Precisions you might like to sell? anything around 85g / BP 290?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by alphapeta View Post
    Exactly right sketchy. Do you have any Precisions you might like to sell? anything around 85g / BP 290?
    Panda actually has a used Precision, 85.3g, BP289 in stock. If you're truly interested, please e-mail Panda.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hehe—Sorry Panda; I wasn't aware you had any! Or that you'd be looking in

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by alphapeta View Post
    Hehe—Sorry Panda; I wasn't aware you had any! Or that you'd be looking in
    No worries. Panda Claus drops in now and then to check on the troops.

Off Topic: Ormy4 is coming to Panda Land in about 7 hours. Panda should get some sleep.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I also find the T2 has more power because when you really go for the smash, the shaft rewards you with the extra stiffness. Precision not so much, too slack for me but it is a faster racket, but once the Tpro comes out the precision and Trinity 2 are just gonna go into my retired bag. Note: I only have T2's in 82g BP285 and 2 precisions 82g BP285, 84g BP292.

Probably won't get a review out for the Upro for a while, been busy with school and other things so didn't get a real good play outta them. But my bro is liking them so far at his highschool sessions, and soon team practice.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by visor View Post
    What spec TPro are you looking at, compared to your T2?
    I got pretty light T2s, 83g @283mm - they're very fast and enable me to play some shots at the net that seem impossible for a player at my level, but lack severely in smashing power. The TPro specs I hope to get are 87,5g @295+ - that'll be close enough to my current top rackets to be comfortable without 4-6 hours of transition

It's pretty easy to explain why I prefer heavier rackets than most ppl here - I'm probably amongst the tallest, and having a bigger body weight than many, those rackets dont feel that heavy to me. I love to smash a lot in doubles, and even though it's not a total killer smash yet, it's pretty good & improving. Head-heavy rackets help with that.
    I also have a distinct disadvantage compared to most users concerning technique - although I train much, I'm still pretty new to the sport and find myself lacking when it comes to the effortless, but very quick 'whipping' motions required to fully utilize a stiff, light racket.
    So - although it may seem strange to some of you, heavy 3Us with BPs of 290+ are what works best for me

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Did you mention, that your style of playing is more on Speed and net play?

then you should really try the precision...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DinkAlot View Post
    Off Topic: Ormy4 is coming to Panda Land in about 7 hours. Panda should get some sleep.
    Ormy4 is in da house...errrr...cave! It's amazing, a nearly 100F degrees difference in temperature. It was as cold as -22F up in Canada and as high as 81F down here at Panda's Cave.

Gonna go to OCBC in a few and test some Ultra Pros with X2114 (aka ZM67 prototype). VTec101, you ready for us to come over?

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sen_jie View Post
    Did you mention, that your style of playing is more on Speed and net play?

then you should really try the precision...
    No, I didn't - and I already have the Precision I'm not too shabby at the net, but I'm best at back court play. I like to smash a lot, and at most times have the awareness to either finish the rally (smashing with a good angle or into the empty space) or get my net player involved. Singles is probably the worst aspect of my game -.-

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

The Stickman will miss the part at da Panda's Cave!

Quote Originally Posted by DinkAlot View Post
    Ormy4 is in da house...errrr...cave! It's amazing, a nearly 100F degrees difference in temperature. It was as cold as -22F up in Canada and as high as 81F down here at Panda's Cave.

Gonna go to OCBC in a few and test some Ultra Pros with X2114 (aka ZM67 prototype). VTec101, you ready for us to come over?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ops sorry my sentence was actually meant for bro arcox999

"T2 is now my go-to racquet. But it has a higher BP than any other racquets I have ever used, so I need to practice my wrist strength but since I love net play, I noticed that it's easier to do net play techniques than before because of the speed, lightness and higher tension.

And I use the same Karakal PU grip too, it felt so good and tacky too. "

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by j4ckie View Post
    No, I didn't - and I already have the Precision I'm not too shabby at the net, but I'm best at back court play. I like to smash a lot, and at most times have the awareness to either finish the rally (smashing with a good angle or into the empty space) or get my net player involved. Singles is probably the worst aspect of my game -.-
    haha maybe that is the way how i play too,(maybe due to influences from watching Fu Hai Feng from China) that is why i feel that the trinity is a better choice for me. But i do hope to increase my game dimension and not to rely solely on smashes to win points. Moreover i am not very physically well build to execute thunderous smashes. so yea, that explains the need to learn and grow as a player.

Cheerio!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

new design. slightly rounder head.
    Name:  2011-01-20%2020.13.30.jpg
Views: 488
Size:  25.7 KB

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sen_jie View Post
    Ops sorry my sentence was actually meant for bro arcox999

"T2 is now my go-to racquet. But it has a higher BP than any other racquets I have ever used, so I need to practice my wrist strength but since I love net play, I noticed that it's easier to do net play techniques than before because of the speed, lightness and higher tension.

And I use the same Karakal PU grip too, it felt so good and tacky too. "
    Well, since I have just bought a new racquet, I don't think it's easy to get another one. :P But I'm still satisfied with my T2, it's the best I have used so far.

Quote Originally Posted by j4ckie View Post
    Me too. I'm no good in singles, I just can't move swiftly. And I've just figured out why it's like that. Usually when I hit the shuttle I will stand at the same spot, instead of getting back to my base, that's my weakness. I really need to work a lot on my footwork.