User Tag List

Page 245 of 453 FirstFirst ... 145 195 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 295 345 ... LastLast
Results 4,149 to 4,165 of 7685
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by demolidor View Post
    Why not 288mm and 88gr?
    the Tpro spec is 84-86 gr and 290mm-300mm

Mentioned
    139 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by demolidor View Post
    We can't help the NA Yonex prices are that crazy . I'd say it's more like 80% compared to the webshops prices here. UPro ~= YY 8DX/ARC10 over here
    Ya, I forgot about that. Somehow Yonex HQ decides that NA should be charged 30% more per racket compared to the rest of the world.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Avenger View Post
    the Tpro spec is 84-86 gr and 290mm-300mm
    Yes but there are always off-spec ones . The chances of getting both 288 and 88gr in one are little of course but one of either is very much a possibility ...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So finally took video of me playing with the Panda and the stenciled face.

I think it's ok, You can see if against the background if you put it on HD.
    Yes I know, I need much more practice... I'm the weakest one of all 4.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by visor View Post
    singles or doubles?

strengths/weaknesses eg. smash, drive, defence etc, and what you'd like to improve

would you say you use more wrist or more shoulder?
    usually I play double, but right now since I'm not in Indonesia, I don't have double partner and mainly play single (I want a head heavy one since my arcsaber 008 is even balance towards head light)

I'm good at smash, trying to improve my control right now though
    before I played double, my partner can cover me and I can do smash easily
    but now, I played single and my opp is pretty good at bird placement, so I need to work around not only to use my smash (if I can I want a racket that suitable for both)
    I think I use shoulder more than wrist

I decide to buy Tpro, but still the BP.. should I be ok if 295?
    I'm afraid that it would be too head heavy for me and hinder my racket maneuverability
    I want speed while maintaining good power (unlike my arcsaber 008 that fast but lack of power)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Name:  Stencil.jpg
Views: 2633
Size:  44.0 KB
    Here is the stencil

Remember to not cut all the way around the head... Made that mistake first. Leave like 3 areas un-cut so it will hold the inner portion in place and you can cut eyes out. I come back with the ink and fill in the gaps after it's done.

Mentioned
    139 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

usually I play double, but right now since I'm not in Indonesia, I don't have double partner and mainly play single (I want a head heavy one since my arcsaber 008 is even balance towards head light)

I'm good at smash, trying to improve my control right now though
    before I played double, my partner can cover me and I can do smash easily
    but now, I played single and my opp is pretty good at bird placement, so I need to work around not only to use my smash (if I can I want a racket that suitable for both)
    I think I use shoulder more than wrist

I decide to buy Tpro, but still the BP.. should I be ok if 295?
    I'm afraid that it would be too head heavy for me and hinder my racket maneuverability
    I want speed while maintaining good power (unlike my arcsaber 008 that fast but lack of power)
    For singles, maneuverability is not as critical as power, so 87-89g bp300-305mm is good.

For fast doubles, maneuverability is more important, so 84-86g bp285-290 is good.

Of course, you can get 86.5g bp295mm if you want to compromise between singles and doubles.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I think I would go around 85.5gr
    so 85.5gr and 295mm (kinda focusing on doubles since when I go back to Indonesia for good, I would play double)
    sounds good?
    thanks for your help

Mentioned
    139 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I think I would go around 85.5gr
    so 85.5gr and 295mm (kinda focusing on doubles since when I go back to Indonesia for good, I would play double)
    sounds good?
    thanks for your help
    Sounds like a good plan.

No problem.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like to use the N50II in both doubles and singles, specs are roughly 88-90gr @ 295mm. Most players prefer lighter rackets than me, so 86-88 would probably be a good choice for you - still heavy enough to be of use in singles, and not too slow for doubles.

@dimcorner: Nice vid Seeing your smashing technique, you probably prefer light rackets, dont you? Looks like you 4 had fun there - not trying too hard, it seemed Or at least that's my unprofessional impression, when we play a serious match, there's a lot more of grunting, stomping, jumping and diving (or at least attempts at it) involved^^ But perhaps that's because we're all posers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by j4ckie View Post
    @dimcorner: Nice vid Seeing your smashing technique, you probably prefer light rackets, dont you? Looks like you 4 had fun there - not trying too hard, it seemed Or at least that's my unprofessional impression, when we play a serious match, there's a lot more of grunting, stomping, jumping and diving (or at least attempts at it) involved^^ But perhaps that's because we're all posers
    For doubles I prefer lighter, but for singles I take full swings so I switch over to the Ti-10. Yes most of the times we play hard-ish, but for fun so about 70% effort for them and about 90-95% for me

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dimcorner View Post
    For doubles I prefer lighter, but for singles I take full swings so I switch over to the Ti-10. Yes most of the times we play hard-ish, but for fun so about 70% effort for them and about 90-95% for me
    Hehe. Yeah, I know what that feels like - recently played a match like that in training, being the weakest player on court pretty much sucks...
    Anyway, feels weird to see the opponents looks effortless in defense....I'm not really used to that, normally they tense up when I get in position for the smash
    Hope I can get some video footage of myself soon, although I wont be able to afford a camcorder next month - so I'd have to get someone else to do it. Hard thing to do when no one's interested in badminton around here =_=
    Hey, you got a 2nd gen Ti-10? I really want one of those the 3rd gen doesn't quite agree with me. Too stiff, too head light...

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

should I go for 293mm or should I go for 295mm?
    I would be surprised if you could tell the difference between those two

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jamesd20 View Post
    Yup only paint on Cab8 is on the ti joint.

Also Cab 8 head is Metal, so less likely to chip (dent) than a painted graphite racket
    Oh? No wonder I didn't see any paint job on it! The frame has something written on it but I can't read it, it's all worn out. :P

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ultra Pro Review

I had some time over the weekend to play with my Ultra pros and test them to the best of my ability with my brother and here's our opinion. We have 8 Upros and the specs are as followed.

Specs: 82g-84g, BP299-301, Strung with ZM62 Platnium 25lbs. RKEP G09 ELite (pink) Overgrip over the orginal/plastic wrapper.

For those who liked the other Ultra series, this is definityly worth the $$$ and maybe panda will produce version #4 with the extra dough he earns. This racket feels exceptional, must be because of the finish on the frame. Very solid when doing clears and smashes. Defense was alot better then the previous Ultra models but that's just because my other Ultras were about 87g vs 82g-84g weight difference.

As a Comparision to the other PP rackets, this one is definitly the best racket. It excels in having the potential for a devastating smash, and with the your preferred specs and BP it could be an amazing racket to defend with. The Upro has become my singles, doubles and all around racket choice. I have cut off the strings and retired my Ultra 1,2 and Trinity 2's. Kept the Precision in service because it has an amazing swing speed and it's for one of those lazy days.

Looking forward to the Trinity Pro and maybe Precision with the same frame finish.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Damn you made me jealous for owning 8 UPros!

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by what07 View Post
    Ultra Pro Review

This racket feels exceptional, must be because of the finish on the frame. Very solid when doing clears and smashes...
    Thanks for the review. We are hoping the finish (or therelackof) is the key.

...As a Comparision to the other PP rackets, this one is definitly the best racket. It excels in having the potential for a devastating smash, and with the your preferred specs and BP it could be an amazing racket to defend with. The Upro has become my singles, doubles and all around racket choice...
    Agree; to date, it's the best overall Panda racket. But if the Trinity Pro is like the UPro, it'll have it's say.

Panda also had another "Evil Empire" sponsored player try the UPro and he said, "Rackets with this much power never have good defense and yet this does. This racket is awesome!" He tested an ~85.0g, BP295.

]Looking forward to the Trinity Pro and maybe Precision with the same frame finish.
    The TPro is in customs. Also have a new Precision Pro prototype coming with the TPros for testing. If it's what Panda's expects...