User Tag List

Page 270 of 435 FirstFirst ... 170 220 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 320 370 ... LastLast
Results 4,574 to 4,590 of 7395
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dan, what I would like to see is a bare racket with the handle ready to accept any type of grip. Most of us are re-gripping anyway, it is probably a waste of money and time to have the grip you are supplying; does not mean, you have to lowered the price. Myself, being an heavy sweater, I use towel grip, and it does change the specs quite a lot.

But something that could be nice, is a chart that would give us, depending on the grip type, what would be the approx. end result in weight and BP. ex. a racquet with actual specs of 85g and 285 bp; would become approx 93g and approx. 280 bp after a towel grip is installed.

For myself, the last 2 racquets I bought, I did not do my math properly, and had to add weight to the head; but this changed the whole dynamics of the racquet, not talking about the shaft flex. EX. I had to add weight to my Precision, which shaft was already a tad soft for me, made it worse.

The chart could be some food for thought..... ain't the Panda always hungry... ;o)
    Last edited by BOUBOS1957; 02-17-2011 at 07:09 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The one time I tried a towel grip I almost launched the racket across the court because my hand doesn't sweat at all.
    Sometimes I have to wipe sweat of my forehead to get a little more grip on the racket.

That said I hate to lend rackets (but I do anyway) because I always get them back damp... EWWW!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good for you and enjoy, myself the only sweat I get comes out of my ?%&%&$ hands. I have to swich racquets during my sessions to let them dry; a real problem. I have tried different chemicals on my hands to try to limit the sweat, but no success, so I am playing with towel grips and powder. With towel grips, it is true that it needs to be a bit wet to become sticky.

Myself, I ask people to try mine, but nobody wants to touch them... ouach so wet.... see I just found something good about my problem... ;o)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quick question:

How long is the shaft? Measuring pure shaft length and not including grip cone

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wuldup View Post
    Quick question:

How long is the shaft? Measuring pure shaft length and not including grip cone
    LOL... Sorry, couldn't help it... I need coffee...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Towel grips just don't work for this Panda. The only way they work is with the sticky grip powder, Lin Dan style. And Panda sweats a ton, just think of all the fur. Panda also wears an arm sleeve and sweat band to further reduce stress.

The links below provide information, best pricing and availability on the items referenced. Panda is not affiliated nor compensated by them. These products just work best for Panda and Panda would like to share:

Arm Sleeve: Adidas TechFit: buy HERE

Sweatband: Any here are good.

Halo Super Wide Head Band: the best Panda's tried: Direct Website Info.

For Panda, the best grips are:

Replacement: RKEP Ultimate, Power Master, Nano, King and Super Soft.
    Overgrip: RKEP Elite

Ultimate: Click HERE for info.
    Pros: Ultimate tackiness, good durability, good for sweaty hands (but not drenched)
    Cons: Grip does not stretch much, harder to apply smoothly at the butt.
    Other: minimal cushion, medium to slightly thin replacement grip.

PowerMaster: Click HERE for into.
    Pros: Very good shock absorption, stretches a bit so easy to apply smoothly, rubbery, tacky tire-like feel, good for sweaty hands
    Cons: relatively more expensive
    Other: a bit thicker, medium cushion

King: Click HERE for info.
    Pros: easy on the hands, good shock absorption, stretches so very easy to apply smoothly, moderate tackiness, good all-around
    Cons: relative durability is less, initially thick but compresses
    Other: thicker, medium cushion, can stretch a lot, compress after use

Super Soft: Click HERE for info.
    Pros: stretches for easy application, soft and easy on hands, good feel, medium tackiness
    Cons: relative durability is less
    Other: thinnest replacement grip, minimal cushioning

Nano: Click HERE for info.
    Pros: extremely durable, very tacky
    Cons: does not stretch at all so hard apply on butt smoothly
    Other: thick, cushioned

Overgrip:
    RKEP Elite: Click HERE for info.
    Pros: very tacky, stretches for easy application, good durability, stays relatively clean, good cushioning for an overgrip, very good overall feel, easy on hands
    Cons: grip overall length could be longer
    Other: to date, the best overgrip this Panda's tried

If you like the Yonex Super Grap, the RKEP Wet Tape is an even better version of it.
    Wet Tape: Click HERE for info.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm... I'll try the Wet tape and overgrip. I've only used super grap before.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dan, thank you so much for all the details.

For myself, the Yonex Super Grap is far then being enough absorbent. I used to play competitive racketball, and go thru 5-6 gloves per 3 hours sessions, even was wearing a cotton glove in the leather glove on hotter days.

I've tried many other brands of grips, but not the RKEP yet. The best ones apart from the towel/powder combination that I have tried, were the Apacs PU grips. How would you compared them to the RKEP, and which models of RKEP would be the best for a guy who seems to have tsunami in his hands.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The APACS Super PU is excellent. The RKEP stuff is on par to a bit better. Try the Ultimate.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Trinity Pro review

Trinity Pro (86.1/287) used compared *to Precision (84.5/290), Ultra Pro (86.2/287), Trinity 2v2 (86.1/287).

All rackets strung with ZM67 @ 24.7/27.2, ECP with 10% auto prestretch and doorknob prestretch. All rackets have base grip plus one fully overlapped overgrip. For my reviews of the other rackets, please refer to previous pages of this thread. For my bottom line, skip to the end.

Played for 3 hours last night. 1 doubles game against C-ranked team, 1 hr of rotating 1v2 with my doubles partner and a low C-level friend. Then finished with a doubles game among equal level players.

This racket, though equal spec with the T2v2, swung faster and whippier than the T2v2. Upon closer comparision to my 1st gen Ti10 it is a very similar weight, slightly heavier (~.5g) and less head heavy (~2-3mm). I'll measure later, these are purely guesses. Definitely whippier compared to Ultra Pro, and "meatier" than the Precision.

I'll keep this review on the simpler side
    Power: (smashes, clears) TPro is better than everything but my Ultra Pro, as to be expected. Punishes off center hits more, but also provides more of a reward for sweetspot hits.

Speed: moderate. Quicker than the UPro, T2v2, but not as quick as the Precision. Again, results are as expected.

Feel: Clear coat in frame lends itself to much better feel when compared to the T2v2 and Precision, second only to UPro due to the stiffer shaft providing more feedback. Once more, as expected.

Defense: almost on par with Precision, better than anything else.*Defense must be more consciously driven, which may or may not be a good thing.

Intangibles: somehow this racket has much springier bed compared to the other rackets despite all being strung similarly. The extra spring is also very easily controlled, allowing for better drives and a much better net game. It's handle size is also almost perfect for me (hand is equal to 4 1/2 in Dunlop tennis grip size). The shaft is stiffer compared to the T2v2 when flexing in my hand, but in use feels of equal stiffness. Not a bad thing at all.

Summary: IMO, the TPro has made all other versions of the Trinity obsolete. While a good racket, I was never truly in love with the Trinity rackets. I always preferred the Zelm PP10000 or the Precision. This is no longer the case. The TPro racket is now the best racket for me. I'd buy more, but still waiting to see how the PPPPro plays out.

*The Precision is losing on power and feel compared to the TPro, but a stiffer shaft and a clear coat frame could put them on level playing fields. The PPPPro would be a viable alternative to those looking for a TPro for a less stiff shaft.

Bottom line: best Panda Power racket out there for those too strong for the Precision's medium flex shaft, but not strong enough for the UPro's shaft. Congrats again Dan, somehow you manage to improve on the Trinity series again. This could very well be the modern day Ti10.

I'll measure my Ti10 and get an equal spec comparison so I can compare the two because I am very curious now about this head to head matchup.Trinity Pro review

Trinity Pro (86.1/287) used compared *to Precision (84.5/290), Ultra Pro (86.2/287), Trinity 2v2 (86.1/287).

All rackets strung with ZM67 @ 24.7/27.2, ECP with 10% auto prestretch and doorknob prestretch. All rackets have base grip plus one fully overlapped overgrip. For my reviews of the other rackets, please refer to previous pages of this thread. For my bottom line, skip to the end.

Played for 3 hours last night. 1 doubles game against C-ranked team, 1 hr of rotating 1v2 with my doubles partner and a low C-level friend. Then finished with a doubles game among equal level players.

This racket, though equal spec with the T2v2, swung faster and whippier than the T2v2. Upon closer comparision to my 1st gen Ti10 it is a very similar weight, slightly heavier (~.5g) and less head heavy (~2-3mm). I'll measure later, these are purely guesses. Definitely whippier compared to Ultra Pro, and "meatier" than the Precision.

I'll keep this review on the simpler side
    Power: (smashes, clears) TPro is better than everything but my Ultra Pro, as to be expected. Punishes off center hits more, but also provides more of a reward for sweetspot hits.

Speed: moderate. Quicker than the UPro, T2v2, but not as quick as the Precision. Again, results are as expected.

Feel: Clear coat in frame lends itself to much better feel when compared to the T2v2 and Precision, second only to UPro due to the stiffer shaft providing more feedback. Once more, as expected.

Defense: almost on par with Precision, better than anything else.*Defense must be more consciously driven, which may or may not be a good thing.

Intangibles: somehow this racket has much springier bed compared to the other rackets despite all being strung similarly. The extra spring is also very easily controlled, allowing for better drives and a much better net game. It's handle size is also almost perfect for me (hand is equal to 4 1/2 in Dunlop tennis grip size). The shaft is stiffer compared to the T2v2 when flexing in my hand, but in use feels of equal stiffness. Not a bad thing at all.

Summary: IMO, the TPro has made all other versions of the Trinity obsolete. While a good racket, I was never truly in love with the Trinity rackets. I always preferred the Zelm PP10000 or the Precision. This is no longer the case. The TPro racket is now the best racket for me. I'd buy more, but still waiting to see how the PPPPro plays out.

*The Precision is losing on power and feel compared to the TPro, but a stiffer shaft and a clear coat frame could put them on level playing fields. The PPPPro would be a viable alternative to those looking for a TPro for a less stiff shaft.

Bottom line: best Panda Power racket out there for those too strong for the Precision's medium flex shaft, but not strong enough for the UPro's shaft. Congrats again Dan, somehow you manage to improve on the Trinity series again. This could very well be the modern day Ti10.

I'll measure my Ti10 and get an equal spec comparison so I can compare the two because I am very curious now about this head to head matchup.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

double post or are you trying to increase your word count

Anyway I totally agree with your findings. With Precision I can probably return more smashes, with TPro I have to make more effort to return, but somehow I'm more accurate as well. Maybe because I did grow up playing with Ti-10 1st gen .

I still find it weird that when I return hard smashes with the Precision I can feel the shot but with the TPro they just rocket off the racket barely feeling the hit.

BTW... I haven't touched the Precision for 2 weeks already!
    Last edited by dimcorner; 02-17-2011 at 04:06 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2 reviews affirming that it plays like the 1st Gen ti10 which i grew up with as well. Tempting!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SlaShEr View Post
    2 reviews affirming that it plays like the 1st Gen ti10 which i grew up with as well. Tempting!
    It actually plays a little faster than the 1st gen Ti-10 in my opinion but with just about as much power and better feel.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DinkAlot View Post
    No, these are dry weight specs meaning with original grip, unstrung.

No, not doing altering currently.
    Ok. So this means that the approximate specs that you recommend to buyers when dealing with them are "always" dry weight specs? And it is always safe to assume that the BP and weight will "effectively" increase when strung?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dimcorner View Post
    double post or are you trying to increase your word count ...
    heh typed it up on my iphone, did not realize how long it had ended up until I had posted it.

I still find it weird that when I return hard smashes with the Precision I can feel the shot but with the TPro they just rocket off the racket barely feeling the hit.
    This is probably due to the differences in mass and concentrations of mass (aka bp) between the two rackets.

It actually plays a little faster than the 1st gen Ti-10 in my opinion but with just about as much power and better feel.
    This would depend on your specs relative the general specs of your 1st gen Ti-10. Mine seems to play a little slower than the one I have, but it has more accuracy to it. Not quite as offensive, but much better all around. Like I said earlier, when the second batch comes in, I will try to order one that matches the dry specs of my own Ti10 to do a direct comparison.

If you are still looking for a replacement for that racket that doesn't cost 200-300 USD, the TPro would be an excellent choice to start with, assuming similar spec.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kevindd992002 View Post
    Ok. So this means that the approximate specs that you recommend to buyers when dealing with them are "always" dry weight specs? And it is always safe to assume that the BP and weight will "effectively" increase when strung?
    When i talk to Dinkalot when ordering specs, I always deal in dry weight specs. It makes things easier on both ends. It is easier for me to do this because I have settled on a grip and string setup that are very consistent because I apply my own grips and use my own stringing machine. I can't imagine the trouble it would be to ask for a racket that would be a certain spec when strung with a certain string/tension and with a certain grip due to differences in how people do things.

And when only applying string, it makes sense that since you are adding something to the head of the racket, there is added weight so weight must go up. And since you've added that weight to the top of the racket, it must also hold that the weight it now more balanced to the head, thus bp would go up.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Panda has said before and will say it again, all Trinities are modeled after the Ti10. The frame shape is identical, the stiffness and material used is near identical. Panda just made some synergistic changes to make the Trinity less demanding.