User Tag List

Page 312 of 425 FirstFirst ... 212 262 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 362 412 ... LastLast
Results 5,288 to 5,304 of 7224
  1. #5288
    Administrator kwun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Santa Clara, California, United States
    Posts
    35,915
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LD rules! View Post
    I should say I was refering to IC, GP etc events
    for Yonex sponsored players, it has always been free.

    in the US Adult National, even non-sponsored players, as long as they are using Yonex rackets, get free stringing as well.

  2. #5289
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    TW, SG, HK
    Posts
    7,313
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kwun View Post
    for Yonex sponsored players, it has always been free.in the US Adult National, even non-sponsored players, as long as they are using Yonex rackets, get free stringing as well.
    Nice! Remember nearer the time, to take all my Yonex rackets that are lying around in my house unstrung to the tournament so I can get them restrung FOC instead of paying $20 per racket. The amount of rackets I have lying about, the money saved from not paying for stringing will pay for my entry fee.

  3. #5290
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Holland
    Posts
    3,966
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kwun View Post
    for Yonex sponsored players, it has always been free.

    in the US Adult National, even non-sponsored players, as long as they are using Yonex rackets, get free stringing as well.
    Well, yeah, what else can they do? Ring up the local yonex rep of every country to check whether they have a yonex contract of whether they buy their own stuff?
    Some players get sponsored by YY Japan, some by the distributor in their (on a nearby?) country, some get their stuff with sponsored funds from a non-badminton company... In the end, they drop a yonex racket on the stringingtable and those guys just do what they get paid to do I guess

  4. #5291
    Regular Member demolidor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    @Hollanti
    Posts
    11,729
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LD rules! View Post
    Nice! Remember nearer the time, to take all my Yonex rackets that are lying around in my house unstrung to the tournament so I can get them restrung FOC instead of paying $20 per racket. The amount of rackets I have lying about, the money saved from not paying for stringing will pay for my entry fee.
    All two of them ? Oh yeah forgot those two additions +2
    Last edited by demolidor; 07-12-2011 at 04:22 PM.

  5. #5292
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    TW, SG, HK
    Posts
    7,313
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by demolidor View Post
    All two of them ? Oh yeah forgot those two additions +2
    AT700's AT900T NS9900 I am sure I will have others by then...

  6. #5293
    Administrator kwun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Santa Clara, California, United States
    Posts
    35,915
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LD rules! View Post
    Nice! Remember nearer the time, to take all my Yonex rackets that are lying around in my house unstrung to the tournament so I can get them restrung FOC instead of paying $20 per racket. The amount of rackets I have lying about, the money saved from not paying for stringing will pay for my entry fee.
    haha. true. but probably not big events. local ones maybe.

  7. #5294
    Regular Member demolidor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    @Hollanti
    Posts
    11,729
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Good thinking: buy a $200 racket to save $20 on stringing once a year

    Is the Scottish Open a Yonex sponsored event?

  8. #5295
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    TW, SG, HK
    Posts
    7,313
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by demolidor View Post
    Good thinking: buy a $200 racket to save $20 on stringing once a year Is the Scottish Open a Yonex sponsored event?
    I was planning on buying one or two anyway, and they are $160 tops and yes Scottish open is a Yonex Sponsored event.

  9. #5296
    Regular Member DinkAlot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    dcbadminton.net
    Posts
    12,200
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jasonvan View Post
    Maybe Dinkalot can put to rest the rumors of the repainted Z-Slash that Taufik uses and other player's rackets
    Ironic you should mention Taufik. Panda strings in the very back of the "Stringer's Area". Many of the local pros and VIPs hang out there because it's private, quiet and there's space to stretch, lie down, sleep, eat, etc... without people bothering you. Tony, Howard, Halim and Agus (Wijaya Amphie) are regulars there. And after two days of stringing, found out so is Taufik...

    ...Taufik sits, warms-up, rests right in back of where Panda strings. Taufik is a gentlemen. Very reserved, quiet, professional...Panda wants to use the word "elegant" or "classy". He's very funny too. He doesn't say much but when he does, it's very funny...

    ...from what this Panda has seen, Taufik's work ethic is second to none. This is what Panda has observed; twice now, Taufik shows up at least two hours before his scheduled match with his coach/trainer. Taufiks greets everyone in the Stringer's Area personally and then goes and does his thing...

    ...he will sit there and relaxes for about 30 minutes. Phone stuff, eat a banana, checks his gear, etc... Then for about 10-15 minutes, focus, calms himself, meditate if you will. About 60 minutes until game time he starts doing stretches, leg kicks, footwork, shadows, then more stretching then more footwork. It's quite amazing and Panda has seen lots of amazing things...

    ...15 minutes before, he puts on an Icy-Hot type ointment, adjusts all his clothes and equipment and continues to do footwork, little hops and split steps. Then a few minutes before game time he calms down again, stays quiet, I believe saying a pray and then is READY to play.

    This Panda was extremely impressed with Taufik's pre-game routine. Panda feels if others took pre-game warm-up so seriously, they could be significantly better players. Not as good as Taufik but significantly better than before.

    Oh yes, Panda personally handled one of Taufik's rackets, an Arc Saber 10 with BG66 Ultimax @ 32-33lbs. This is not to say Taufik doesn't have other rackets as Panda believes Taufik carries about 10-15 rackets in his bag but the single racket he carried out onto court was a red Arc Saber 10, no cosmetic mods. Also saw Taufik pull out 4 more red, non-modded Arc Saber 10s all strung, he was "pinging" them to check for consistency. Panda saw him do this and he looked at Panda as if to ask for approval and Panda nodded, smiled, and said, "Nice!" He smiled back as if to thank Panda for the reassurance.

    Incredible badminton player with incredible work ethic. Classy, cordial, reserved.

    Taufik, in one word, "awesome".

  10. #5297
    Regular Member DinkAlot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    dcbadminton.net
    Posts
    12,200
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kwun View Post
    rumor has it that Korea now travels with their own stringers. is that true? have you seen any rackets from the Korean team?
    Did not see Team Koreas stringer(s) nor have we seen their rackets...yet. We (Team Yonex Stringers) have only seen about 20 total rackets from other manufacturers. Wonder who's stringing for Chinese Taipei too.

  11. #5298
    Regular Member DinkAlot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    dcbadminton.net
    Posts
    12,200
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by amleto View Post
    free for anyone with yonex, or only sponsored by yonex?
    Free for any player in the tournament that has Yonex rackets. Some pros were wearing other clothing but had Yonex rackets and we strung them but Yonex sponsored players who have a scheduled match get first priority, then based on their ranking and status. Of course there are special circumstances like Tony, Howard, Halim, Taufik that get preferential treatment because...Yonex says so.

  12. #5299
    Regular Member DinkAlot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    dcbadminton.net
    Posts
    12,200
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Oh yes, for the Grand Finale, KevinY. (AlanK's cousin) and Panda are going to challenge Tony and Howard...

    ...if Kwun has time, Kwun and Panda will challenge Sattawat and PaulP (VTec101) and later Halim, Tony Howard or whoever wants to run Panda. LOL!

  13. #5300
    Regular Member DinkAlot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    dcbadminton.net
    Posts
    12,200
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Oh yes, someone suggested Panda post this, it's supposed to be funny.


  14. #5301
    Regular Member demolidor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    @Hollanti
    Posts
    11,729
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hahaha, better bring your own stringer indeed



  15. #5302
    Regular Member j4ckie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    2,722
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DinkAlot View Post
    Ironic you should mention Taufik. Panda strings in the very back of the "Stringer's Area". Many of the local pros and VIPs hang out there because it's private, quiet and there's space to stretch, lie down, sleep, eat, etc... without people bothering you. Tony, Howard, Halim and Agus (Wijaya Amphie) are regulars there. And after two days of stringing, found out so is Taufik...

    ...Taufik sits, warms-up, rests right in back of where Panda strings. Taufik is a gentlemen. Very reserved, quiet, professional...Panda wants to use the word "elegant" or "classy". He's very funny too. He doesn't say much but when he does, it's very funny...

    ...from what this Panda has seen, Taufik's work ethic is second to none. This is what Panda has observed; twice now, Taufik shows up at least two hours before his scheduled match with his coach/trainer. Taufiks greets everyone in the Stringer's Area personally and then goes and does his thing...

    ...he will sit there and relaxes for about 30 minutes. Phone stuff, eat a banana, checks his gear, etc... Then for about 10-15 minutes, focus, calms himself, meditate if you will. About 60 minutes until game time he starts doing stretches, leg kicks, footwork, shadows, then more stretching then more footwork. It's quite amazing and Panda has seen lots of amazing things...

    ...15 minutes before, he puts on an Icy-Hot type ointment, adjusts all his clothes and equipment and continues to do footwork, little hops and split steps. Then a few minutes before game time he calms down again, stays quiet, I believe saying a pray and then is READY to play.

    This Panda was extremely impressed with Taufik's pre-game routine. Panda feels if others took pre-game warm-up so seriously, they could be significantly better players. Not as good as Taufik but significantly better than before.

    Oh yes, Panda personally handled one of Taufik's rackets, an Arc Saber 10 with BG66 Ultimax @ 32-33lbs. This is not to say Taufik doesn't have other rackets as Panda believes Taufik carries about 10-15 rackets in his bag but the single racket he carried out onto court was a red Arc Saber 10, no cosmetic mods. Also saw Taufik pull out 4 more red, non-modded Arc Saber 10s all strung, he was "pinging" them to check for consistency. Panda saw him do this and he looked at Panda as if to ask for approval and Panda nodded, smiled, and said, "Nice!" He smiled back as if to thank Panda for the reassurance.

    Incredible badminton player with incredible work ethic. Classy, cordial, reserved.

    Taufik, in one word, "awesome".
    Thanks for that insight into a world class player's routine....sadly nothing I can do myself as my tournament matches are not scheduled like that.
    I've seen Mark Zwiebler doing a similar warm-up at the German National Championships, he listened to music while doing some footwork drills, starting very easy and getting more intense. He seemed very concentrated as well, doing that for about 30 minutes without interruption. He stretched a bit afterwards and then vanished into the players' area (changing rooms etc.) for the remaining 15-20 minutes.

  16. #5303
    Regular Member Mark A's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    St Helens, UK
    Posts
    4,080
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    ^^Taufik's work ethic surprised me - he looks so relaxed and fluid on court, like it's no effort at all - but it shouldn't have

    Interesting to note he's see-sawed back to the Arc 10 from his custom Z-Slash... Gade has, I believe, gone over to the dark-side VT80, so none of the "players' rackets" are being used by their players any more:P.

  17. #5304
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,783
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark A View Post
    ^^Taufik's work ethic surprised me - he looks so relaxed and fluid on court, like it's no effort at all - but it shouldn't have

    Interesting to note he's see-sawed back to the Arc 10 from his custom Z-Slash... Gade has, I believe, gone over to the dark-side VT80, so none of the "players' rackets" are being used by their players any more:P.
    I thought his 'custom zslash' was always an arc10 underneath anyway?

Similar Threads

  1. List your playing style, main racket, string & string tension
    By neoanderson777 in forum Badminton String
    Replies: 714
    : 07-16-2014, 08:35 AM
  2. Panda Power Ultra 2 Racket!
    By Hakular in forum Racket Recommendation / Comparison
    Replies: 9
    : 02-04-2011, 10:46 PM
  3. String Recommendation for Panda Power Precision
    By kevindd992002 in forum Badminton Rackets / Equipment
    Replies: 1
    : 10-02-2010, 02:50 PM
  4. WTB/FT: Panda Power racket or sotx racket/s. Scarborough Area plz (gta)
    By Kirbit316 in forum Buy & Sell - Read the rules sticky before you post
    Replies: 1
    : 06-05-2010, 10:05 PM
  5. 40lbs string tension
    By Daniel Chen in forum Badminton String
    Replies: 8
    : 06-27-2001, 07:49 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •