User Tag List

Page 313 of 441 FirstFirst ... 213 263 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 363 413 ... LastLast
Results 5,305 to 5,321 of 7484
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DinkAlot View Post
    Errrr Sir, your reply to me didn't make sense but yes, durability is many or most times a factor.

Yonex is one of the main sponsors of the U.S. Open so the string and stringing is free to players, coaches, "affiliates" using Yonex rackets. The first priority is getting the rackets strung for players who have matches coming up.

No one has supplied their own strings so far...why would you when it's free?

Players who are sponsored by other manufacturers need to pay but not sure how much.
    I am surprised to hear that about US-Open, in most bigger tournaments I have attended in Europe strings are supplied only to sponsored players but the stringing-service as such is complimentary to all players, as a service from the tournament organizers for the players in the tournament (I think this is kind of standard from torunaments sponsored by Wilson, Head, Forza and even from Yonex over here).
    Maybe YY in US feels this service is more of a individual player-service than a tournament-service, or maybe it is just that you guys would be overloaded with work otherwise :-), but from an organizer perspective it looks kind of "cheap" to not do complimentary stringing of broken strings for all pros :-)

Cheers,
    Twobeer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Dan, did you notice the frame shortened a bit at 35 lbs? Is that why 37 lbs was used for the cross? How hard do you have to press the shoulder supports against the frame with the Yonex machines at 30+ lbs? Did you string all frames bottom up?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by amleto View Post
    I thought his 'custom zslash' was always an arc10 underneath anyway?
    It was..........

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pete LSD View Post
    Dan, did you notice the frame shortened a bit at 35 lbs? Is that why 37 lbs was used for the cross? How hard do you have to press the shoulder supports against the frame with the Yonex machines at 30+ lbs? Did you string all frames bottom up?
    First off, it's only $10 (including string) for others.

@PeteLSD: as always, great questions Pete!
    Panda did not string the Marc Z. rackets so cannot comment on them, just saw the logs/data.

General stringing answers and observations for Day 3:

1) We normally string the same mains/cross because the ES5Pro (and Protech) supports are first-rate and can hold the racket shape. All rackets are strung bottom-up unless a special request to do otherwise.

2) However, whatever the players ask for we do. So for instance, a few wanted a +2lbs. on the cross. We do it no questions asked. However, the frame will be a tad bit long.

3) With the ES5Pros, the mounting is quite unique (at least for this Panda). The rackets are mounted very high up the frame. It's very effective and sound for bottom-up stringing.

4) Pressure on the shoulder supports is moderately firm. That is, stop putting pressure just when you see/feel the frame flex inward a bit. Another way to tell is, once you mounted the frame, grab the shaft just below the T-Joint and shake the racket. The racket should not move have any play.

5) BG80 made a strong showing on Day 3. Nearly half of the rackets strung requested BG80 at between 24-32lbs. Three NS7000s strung by Panda at 32lbs. with BG80 had such a nice ping.

6) Pressure: Taufik doing his pre-game warm-up behind you while watching you string a Peter Gade Arc 10. (Was looking for a TH Z-Slash to string but there were none at the time )

7) No Pressure: Taufik's coach Hariawan watching you string and smiling and says good job, asking you a few questions. Hariawan said ECP machines are tougher to use and he's not familiar with them. He uses a crank, overcalibrates it by a couple of lbs. Then add 2lbs. on top of that. So when stringing at 32lbs. it's actually 36lbs. on his crank to simulate a 32lbs. on an ECP machine. Hariawan is very polite, a gentlemen. He's very calm. You can start to see why he's Taufik's coach.

8) Pictures really do add 10 - 15lbs. to a person. Prior, Panda had only seen most of the players in pictures or from a distance. Now Panda has seen so many players up close and personal, Panda noticed all the players look about 10-15lbs. thinner and more defined in person; conclusion: all the players are more appealing to the eye than in photos. If a camera company could make a camera that could slim a person down, they would make billions.

Panda not stringing on Day 4: have some more Mama Panda stuff to do. Panda may drop by afterwards to see Kwun though.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

interesting. I thought gade moved to vt80.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dear Panda with fun. (Yes, the fun you eat at chinese restaurant)

So you decided to hear the call and take the stringing opportunity at US Open after all?

Anyway, enjoy the FUN and fun.

Your #3 fan.
    First off, it's only $10 (including string) for others.

@PeteLSD: as always, great questions Pete!
    Panda did not string the Marc Z. rackets so cannot comment on them, just saw the logs/data.

General stringing answers and observations for Day 3:

1) We normally string the same mains/cross because the ES5Pro (and Protech) supports are first-rate and can hold the racket shape. All rackets are strung bottom-up unless a special request to do otherwise.

2) However, whatever the players ask for we do. So for instance, a few wanted a +2lbs. on the cross. We do it no questions asked. However, the frame will be a tad bit long.

3) With the ES5Pros, the mounting is quite unique (at least for this Panda). The rackets are mounted very high up the frame. It's very effective and sound for bottom-up stringing.

4) Pressure on the shoulder supports is moderately firm. That is, stop putting pressure just when you see/feel the frame flex inward a bit. Another way to tell is, once you mounted the frame, grab the shaft just below the T-Joint and shake the racket. The racket should not move have any play.

5) BG80 made a strong showing on Day 3. Nearly half of the rackets strung requested BG80 at between 24-32lbs. Three NS7000s strung by Panda at 32lbs. with BG80 had such a nice ping.

6) Pressure: Taufik doing his pre-game warm-up behind you while watching you string a Peter Gade Arc 10. (Was looking for a TH Z-Slash to string but there were none at the time )

7) No Pressure: Taufik's coach Hariawan watching you string and smiling and says good job, asking you a few questions. Hariawan said ECP machines are tougher to use and he's not familiar with them. He uses a crank, overcalibrates it by a couple of lbs. Then add 2lbs. on top of that. So when stringing at 32lbs. it's actually 36lbs. on his crank to simulate a 32lbs. on an ECP machine. Hariawan is very polite, a gentlemen. He's very calm. You can start to see why he's Taufik's coach.

8) Pictures really do add 10 - 15lbs. to a person. Prior, Panda had only seen most of the players in pictures or from a distance. Now Panda has seen so many players up close and personal, Panda noticed all the players look about 10-15lbs. thinner and more defined in person; conclusion: all the players are more appealing to the eye than in photos. If a camera company could make a camera that could slim a person down, they would make billions.

Panda not stringing on Day 4: have some more Mama Panda stuff to do. Panda may drop by afterwards to see Kwun though.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by amleto View Post
    interesting. I thought gade moved to vt80.
    Gade isn't playing in the US, it's someone else racket.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Dink, thanx for the courtside and behind the scenes insight. :thumbsup: ... Faces look chubby in most photos becoz of the distortion from wide angle lenses used in most cameras these days, especially in close up and low light environments. ... In order to properly shoot a portrait without distortion, the photographer has to use a medium telephoto from about 20-30 ft away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dear lord. So if the camera really does add 10-15lbs to a player, what does that mean for the ultra-skinny LCW???

I have a hard time imagining how his face could get any skinnier. Don't get me wrong though, he's always been a favorite player of mine.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any new developments?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OMG GUYS! Help me... I want to try a panda power racket and i don't know which one to choose! I've been reading through everything on the forum and i just keep drooling over the amazing reviews *_* so... can someone help me? really looking forward to try Panda power.
    Oh! and i was wondering where i could get one? I live in Quebec, Canada
    Last edited by J-Dragon; 08-10-2011 at 10:35 PM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by J-Dragon View Post
    Oh! and i was wondering where i could get one? I live in Quebec, Canada
    www.mjstrings.ca

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh thank you very much Panda! i shall wait for the site to be back up! Is there a release date for the Revelation? I saw in the previous pages(200 ish) that it's going to be delayed, but is there a release date now?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dimcorner View Post
    Any new developments?
    Sorry for the late reply, no new developments currently. Everything has been on hold since Mama Panda's passing and Papa Panda is not doing well either. So life is sucking right now.

Down the pipeline:

Revelation, Woven Precision, and we'll see what else.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Everything else can wait but better to nurse papa panda back to health.

All the best and take care.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So no Revelation anytime soon Dan?

Never mind I am still enjoying T rackets very much!

Take care of you and your family.

Regards

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dont know if this has been posted before... but it fits to this thread.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REG3z...&feature=share