User Tag List

Page 328 of 446 FirstFirst ... 228 278 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 378 428 ... LastLast
Results 5,560 to 5,576 of 7582
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I only experienced the graphics on the cone peeling off my Ultra 2's. But I don't tend to wrap my grip that high anyways. So all my other rackets are still looking sharp.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My paint doesn't come off with the black end tape from grips (I grip it all the way up the cone).

However the one time I tried towel grip on my yonex it totally ate up the undergrip so I wouldn't be surprised if it took paint of the cone.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dont grip over the cone, but the cone paint is peeling off on at least three of my tpro: 1 yellow and two gold that I have noticed so far.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

as said by mr tactim,it's the paint in the top-cone area,where the cone meets the shaft,and it came off with the grip. i usually wrapping my grip up to the cone area,n never had this happened before. previously,i used ac102 in my tpro before changing to towel grip.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've had this paint chip off on my TPros (1st colour scheme), I'm not worrying about it, it's only a minor aesthetic thing and it's not like I'm going to be giving them away any time soon so... As long as the plastic cone doesn't crack like on my T2.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DinkAlot View Post
    I've been working with a racket manufacturer, just tinkering with racket design. After some brain storming, dialogue and input, they created a racket that can take 40lbs. string tension with a warranty of up to 36lbs.!

I received the prototypes today and just finished stringing up a racket, let's call it the "Thunder", at 35lbs. with absolutely no problems. The amazing thing is, the racket is only 85.5g dry weight (no string, with original grip, no plastic wrap)!

Here are the specs:
    Panda Power "Thunder"
    BP: 290-295
    Dry Weight: 85.5g
    Frame Shape: Modified Isometric Aero Power Box Frame
    String: Ashaway Micro Power XL @ 35lbs.
    Shaft: APT Technology ("Anti-Panda Tapered Technology"): 8mm at the cone tapering to 6.5mm

I would have strung the racket higher but I don't have any BG65 or BG70Pro and didn't know how high MP-XL could go, that's why I "only" went 35lbs.

I'm going to test the racket out tonight and if OK, maybe, just maybe produce it.

That sounds fabulous. The only racket i've seen so far, that has a stringing tension of 40lbs, is the Fleet Super High Tension. But, of course, i didn't try that high

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Racexp View Post
    That sounds fabulous. The only racket i've seen so far, that has a stringing tension of 40lbs, is the Fleet Super High Tension. But, of course, i didn't try that high
    Hehe , how did you end up at that post from 3 years ago? Apacs Slayer 99 can also easily take 37lbs so most likely can do 40 as well

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DinkAlot View Post
    Update:

Trinity Series: 30lbs.
    Never trying that again, just had both of the ones I bought (second handadmittedly) break either within five minutes or on the stringing machine when being strung at 28/30. Will any of the newer series have same shaft spec and head shape as the trinities but cope any better with this stringing? Because I'm now flat out broke so I'm going to have to wait.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Teebs View Post
    Never trying that again, just had both of the ones I bought (second handadmittedly) break either within five minutes or on the stringing machine when being strung at 28/30. Will any of the newer series have same shaft spec and head shape as the trinities but cope any better with this stringing? Because I'm now flat out broke so I'm going to have to wait.
    That sounds fishy. I have been doing 32 to 33lbs (or simply 35lbs crank) on my 1 year old T2 and it is still very strong considering the amount of paint chips it has due to the slightly weak paint job.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I never had my T2 strung past 27, but had been playing with my two original TPros strung at 28 lbs at every string they've had fine, just bought two second hand from cayzi and decided to have them strung same as my UPro 28/30 and they both pretty much caved under stringing. Ah well, stercus accidit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Strung Teebs' second Trinity Pro today (28/30 pounds), when I was doing the remaining 5 cross string, I had actually reduced the tension as I saw and felt that the frame is being irregular in shape (it does happen to other rackets too, including YY's rackets, but the change of shape on the Trinity Pro is far greater than the YY ones).
    Unfortunately, the frame still broke at the 2 o'clock position.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tyshk View Post
    Strung Teebs' second Trinity Pro today (28/30 pounds), when I was doing the remaining 5 cross string, I had actually reduced the tension as I saw and felt that the frame is being irregular in shape (it does happen to other rackets too, including YY's rackets, but the change of shape on the Trinity Pro is far greater than the YY ones).
    Unfortunately, the frame still broke at the 2 o'clock position.
    What stringing machine did you use? Does it have a 6 point support system? If it does then you probably had the support arms set at a wrong point (I am guessing too high/north).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Exactly, at very high to uber high tension, the distance between the north/south support arms should be closer together.

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzzards View Post
    What stringing machine did you use? Does it have a 6 point support system? If it does then you probably had the support arms set at a wrong point (I am guessing too high/north).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I do have a six pt support system and I have put spreaders at 12 and 6 o'clock position. The other 4 supporting pts are right at the 2, 10, 4 and 8 o'clock position.
    Last edited by tyshk; 03-20-2012 at 02:00 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tyshk View Post
    I do have a six pt support system and I have put spreaders at 12 and 6 o'clock position. The other 4 supporting pts are right at the 2, 10, 4 and 8 o'clock position.
    At what exact points did you set the frame (i.e. in between which grommets at the 2, 10, 4 and 8 o'clock points)? I will compare that to my setup later.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what? broken while being strung? i saw mine strung at 22/24 lbs,and didn't see much frame movement on the process,unlike my hi-end yy racket that strung at the same time,which make my stringer some kind of astonished

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Note that this is 28/30 not 22/24...