User Tag List

Page 350 of 436 FirstFirst ... 250 300 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 400 ... LastLast
Results 5,934 to 5,950 of 7397
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I suppose I can do a review now (but it might be revised a bit as I get to know the racket).

Precision Pro - 286/85. BG80 (violet) @ 30 lb.

Looks

Excellent - no production racket quite like it. Reminiscent of the "naked carbon" prototypes I've had in the past, but it's not really like any of them, either - it's not "pencil lead" coloured; it's just BLACK. The diffused highlights... beautiful, and the flashes of silver on the shaft are just enough to break it up. I would have italicized the "Precision Pro" text, though, but I'm splitting hairs. (The finish also grabs hold of fingerprints like mad - be warned).

It's weird to see exposed grommets at the top of the frame, but you do get used to it (and they're there for a very good reason).

Stringing

Standard 22/22, but there's room for a 23rd cross like on some of the Li Ning and Victor rackets – I’ll be using it next time. Plenty of big grommets for good knotting flexibility.

Took 30 lb and didn't seem bothered in the least. Indeed, the 9/12/3 area is disproportionately strong compared to other rackets - the groove is missing, remember.

Power

9/10. Such an easy racket – made the TPro slightly reluctant by comparison. It’s a shade stiffer, but the faster frame gets to the shuttle a lot earlier. Result: free power. I was mis-timing a lot for a while (also because of the faster frame), but when I caught one full in the face… goodbye, shuttle, send me a postcard.

My smashes scared me, it drives absolutely superbly off the mid-court, and I managed to send several backhand clears LONG. The “sudden” stiffness makes for some really good deception shots – I taxied several people with punch clears, for example.

Defence/Control

10/10. Here’s where it gets odd: mine hits like a 3U, but defends like a 4U. It borders on effortless, moving like there’s no head on it. Even down the forehand side I had time to build a house of cards before getting the (often crosscourt) block. That free power comes in handy as well – you can get tangled up and still put the shuttle deep. As a masochistic defender/control player, it’s close enough to perfect to make no difference.

Stability, Feel

8/10, 10/10, resp. Compared to the majority of rackets there’s very little frame at all, but what’s there is pretty difficult to knock off line, especially at the top. There’s comparatively more torque at the bottom, though. The sweet spot is slightly smaller than usual, and going outside it doesn’t feel very good.

Feel… I’d give it 11/10 if I could. Even the gentlest shot reaches the fingers, but when you really, really unload it’s like bomb going off in your hand (in a good way). Stepping into a drive is almost foreplay… the sheer punch from the thing…

The mysterious word synergy applies here, if ever – it feels more of a “unit” than any other Panda so far, with the parts seeming to blur together.

Summary

I didn’t rate the old green Precision – I thought the frame was far too soft, and the shaft could be bent in half without snapping it – so you can imagine my surprise at the PPro. Has excellent power when you need it, excellent defence when you need it, and outstanding feel whether you need it or not. Has it displaced my TPros? Provisionally... yes.

+
    Looks;
    Loves high tensions;
    Really helpful power – hits 2-3 grams harder than the weight;
    Defends without any input from me, 2-3 grams easier than the weight;
    Extraordinary feel – deserves some sort of award for it, in fact;
    Looks.

-
    The exposed grommets up top take some getting used to;
    Sweet spot is smaller than most, and doesn’t like it when you miss;
    A bit more frame torque at the bottom than usual.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the review, Mark.
    Didn't seriously want you to rush your review... I shoulda put smilies in my goading post.

I strung my PPro up last night. The rivet-look of the grommets seemed a bit unusual, but they were perfectly functional with no difficulty stringing. The frame is solid and could no doubt take a lot higher tension than I will ever use. I will add my "duffer's review" to the thread when I get a chance to use this Black Beauty.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^It made enough of an impression for me to do a tentative summary. Comparing it, in my head, to the red TPro did make life a bit easier as well. I'll be throwing it around again tomorrow to refine things - some ratings may change half a point or so.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It would be great if you could post a video of yourself playing as well, so we can match the review with your standard of play , also the different types of players would also affect the suitability to the racket. Thanx

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Staiger1 View Post
    It would be great if you could post a video of yourself playing as well, so we can match the review with your standard of play , also the different types of players would also affect the suitability to the racket. Thanx
    The BC get-together matches will be videoed, I think, and at least one Panda player - me - has consented to appear.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mark A View Post
    The BC get-together matches will be videoed, I think, and at least one Panda player - me - has consented to appear.
    Let the plastics fly! LOL! ......

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DinkAlot View Post
    Let the plastics fly! LOL! ......
    LET IT GO, brother! I think I lost some serious cred when I let that slip...

The shuttles are being provided by not-me (Mat, I think), so I'll just have to grin and bear it.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Second session with the PPro... all my previous ratings stand, especially the "feel" one. I was timing much better this time as well.

I think the small sweetspot is a result of the sheer lateral strength of the frame - it won't deform inwards at all, leaving a very compact and powerful center-zone.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here's a duffer's first impression of the Precision Pro:

Skill: low-intermediate ; Racket specs: 286mm /85g ; String: BG-85 at 23lb; Circumstance: 2.5h singles/doubles
    Other racket preferences: PP Trinity 1, Victor BS 10, Yonex NS 8000. (all even-balanced / stiff)
    The string tension, the racket specs and my skill are all "lower" than the average. So the following is completely subjective.

I agree with MarkA on the strength of the frame. It didn't deform at all on stringing and felt solid with every shot. This seems to result in very good control. Drops and clears were easy and accurate right off the bat.
    The sweet spot does seem smaller than on the Victor BS 10.

Defense was very good. Not sure that it is any faster than BS 10 or NS 8000, but just more "solid". If you got the racket onto the bird in defence, it just seemed to repel over the net more reliably.

Power is not my strong suit. Smash timing and net play, I find, take more than one session to adjust with a new racket. So far power is adequate but not spectacular. But no final opinion is possible yet.

Overall this feels and behaves like a "significant" racket. It feels solid. It performs reliably. Control is the best feature so far. Honestly, I am quite keen to lend it to friends with better technique. One suspects that, like a fine instrument, the talented can make more use of it than can the rank amateur. Nevertheless I'm gonna keep trying. Good Job Panda!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Look what I got I'm from the Philippines here.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After numerous... numerous... mishits in today's session, I can confirm that the PPro frame can withstand a LOT of punishment...

A smash that would have ended up in China, had I caught it right, pings off 3 o'clock. I look at my frame with a squinting rictus... I swear I saw it shrug.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I graduate tomorrow and have a PhD interview in Edinburgh on Friday, is it bad that one of these beasties making it my way next week may top all that?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Panda was going to surprise everyone with a new racket, the Panda Power "ELITE TRAINER", a 170-180g weighted training racket that could be still used for playing.

Panda was just about to put in an order to produce a batch when the PT broke on a smash...

...so back to the drawing board.

And yes, that's a piece of solid aluminum inside the shaft.

Name:  brokentrainingpanda.jpg
Views: 565
Size:  94.6 KB

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What can I say, my new Precision Pro is very very good I consider myself an average player but my goodness it was very easy to use compared to the NS300. Thank you very much Panda

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by DinkAlot View Post
    Panda was going to surprise everyone with a new racket, the Panda Power "ELITE TRAINER", a 170-180g weighted training racket that could be still used for playing.

Panda was just about to put in an order to produce a batch when the PT broke on a smash...

...so back to the drawing board.

And yes, that's a piece of solid aluminum inside the shaft.

Name:  brokentrainingpanda.jpg
Views: 565
Size:  94.6 KB

That's what happens when you have those big Panda wrists. Think Dan would be in the
    Guinness Book of Records for the month rackets snapped off at the shaft if there was a category. Saw a few lying around his pad but then who better to test as I have never
    seen anyone torque a racket the way the Panda does when he hits.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi everybody,

Sorry i didn't read the 350 pages of that thread so maybe my question has been asked few times .

Im currently playing with APACS tantrum 300 and im very happy with that racket but it's becoming more and more difficult to find some since they released the new model which i think wouldn't fits me because i don't like medium stiff rackets.

Im quite interested by Panda's brand because i like "exotic" brands (i was playing with Sotx and now apacs).

Which racket of the line up would you guys advice me to choose? I like stiff rackets even balanced or slightly head heavy.
    Im not a great attackers, im much more a defender in single play but during double game i attacks much more.
    I need a rackets which allows me to switch between single and double game without any problem.

In the line up i saw on panda's website, i think trinity pro or ultra 2 could fit me. what do you think? any review of these rackets available?

Thank you

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I would go for Tpro
    and yes, you can find the review here
    Tpro is stiff and slightly head heavy
    mine is 84. something gram, and 295mm
    I used it for singles and doubles, fast enough for doubles, and enough power for singles

or you can try the precision pro (the new racket) I think it is also fit your description
    I don't know how stiff it is though.. (anyone knows? as far as I remember Panda never told us about the stiff rating for PPro)

they don't have ultra 2 anymore
    what they have now is Trinity pro, ultra pro and precision pro

you can find the review here in this thread, you can try to use search button to find the review