User Tag List

Page 378 of 426 FirstFirst ... 278 328 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 ... LastLast
Results 6,410 to 6,426 of 7239
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quick question...
    Is one of the new Adidas racquets called the "Precision Pro"?

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dimcorner View Post
    Quick question...
    Is one of the new Adidas racquets called the "Precision Pro"?
    Quote Originally Posted by adidascanada View Post
    The specs of the precision pro from their FB page
    but so what? Unless 'precision pro' is a trademark, it's unprotected, isn't it?
    Last edited by amleto; 02-20-2013 at 02:54 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can Adidas trademark Precision Pro? If so would Dink have to change the name of the racquet? If not can Dink trademark Precision Pro and then ask Adidas to change?

Just wondering if there is going to be an issue since they are both named the same and it's the same type of product.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

^^ Hmmm... Dink vs Adidas. Who do you think would win?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dink would just whip out a Revelation and everyone would be so awestruck they would rule in his favour.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by amleto View Post
    but so what? Unless 'precision pro' is a trademark, it's unprotected, isn't it?
    Quote Originally Posted by dimcorner View Post
    Can Adidas trademark Precision Pro? If so would Dink have to change the name of the racquet? If not can Dink trademark Precision Pro and then ask Adidas to change?

Just wondering if there is going to be an issue since they are both named the same and it's the same type of product.
    I guess adidas will already have trademarked the 'Precision Pro', but won't care about Dink as in comparison Panda Power is small fish It's also no copy of their product which they might care about.
    Pretty sure adidas trademarks everything before it's released on their FB page, otherwise you could prank them rather nicely by trademarking anything new they post first

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

so the question still remains, when and if adidas finds out about dink, will they do anything about it since technically there is a conflict of interest no matter how small a company dink has? i guess we have to just wait and see unless dink changes the name first?

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can't imagine that Adidas would waste time on a small operation whose product preceded theirs. Unless they have some Disney lawyer complex (those guys hunt down every infringement, right down to a 5year-old's Winnie the Pooh lemonade stand).

But just in case, how many lawyers are BC members and might defend Dink, pro bono? ;-)

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by j4ckie View Post
    I guess adidas will already have trademarked the 'Precision Pro', but won't care about Dink as in comparison Panda Power is small fish
    I don't know about that - it's exactly the kind of thing bean counters get their knickers in a twist over. No doubt we shall see how prevalent said bean counters are in Adidas by any action or lack thereof.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So long as you have proof that panda used it before adidas they shouldn't be able to sue you... even so it'll be a big cost just to defend yourself.

Maybe settle with them and get employed as the director of racket design That'd make adidas a real threat to yonex/victor

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They probably can't sue, but if they trademark the name they might be able to force you to stop using it.

Rename to Revelation Black Edition?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Revelation was such an excitment for everybody; where are those reviews ???

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

too busy playing and using the racket; no time for reviews.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Borbor View Post
    too busy playing and using the racket; no time for reviews.
    Which is surely a review in and of itself.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello all,

I'll try a quick review of the revelation here, i've received the racket on thursday and played 2 hours with it yesterday so im not really used to it yet but i think i can give my first impressions. My rackets are 3U (87gr) with 297mm balance point

Look :

The racket look gorgeous, the nacked woven fiber with the pearl white inscriptions on it is just terrible. It gives a little hologram effect to the racket which is really great looking.
    From far the best looking racket i've ever seen, simple and nice.

Warm up:

The first few hits with the revelations showed an incredible speed, when you play with it you feel like being able to defend like god it's quite nice.
    Feel is great, a little less crispy than the PPro but i didn't notice my performance at net play and precision shots decreasing with this racket.
    The sweet spot is the thing that increased the most between the PPro and the revelation. It's much more easier to play with this racket, mishits don't result in punishment anymore.

Match play :

Starting with double game i think this racket suits perfectly with that. The speed gives you nice defense and drives are extremly good due to that. As the head speed is very high, im now able to turn down the racket very quickly when driving with oponents.
    Precision is very good as said before but the thing i regret on this racket is the lack of power compared to my victor MX JJS. I need to hit much more harder to get the power. Maybe im not yet used to the racket but as it feels much more lighter, i think it's not abnormal.
    Im thinking of ordering two more but heavier maybe it would be better.

Thank you .

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by visor View Post
    Whoa! Just came back from 2 solid hours of non stop playing with my new Rev and old PPro!

And I gotta say the Rev is brilliant, it's scintillating!

My Rev specs (88.0g bp292mm) was carefully chosen to be very similar to my PPro (87.9g bp295mm). As a matter of fact, I brought my digital scale to my very accomodating local distributor (he had this surprised look on his face ) in order to weigh the head on a level surface. The PPro was 38.3g and the Rev was 38.2g, bare unstrung and no overgrip. Very closely matched. I wanted it this way so that I can easily compare the 2, and also because from experience, that is the optimal head weight for a good balance for attack and defence for *me*.

Both were strung with zm62 (my new favourite string... i just love the amazing sound, repulsion, feel, control, and especially tension retention ) at 22x23 lbs, pinging at around 1100 Hz. Any higher than this and I break the strings too easily on mishits.

On playing, the Rev shaft is obviously slightly more flexy than the PPro. So the Rev is more user friendly with easier swings for effortless clears forehand and backhand. Net kill is also easier with just finger power. Defending smashes is likewise easier to whip it across court backhand or forehand. Power is very easily accesible.

The PPro, however, due to its stiffer shaft, is more accurate in drives, smashes, and attack clears to the back tramlines.

Feel wise, the Rev manages to communicate a tad more to the hand, despite having a slightly flexier shaft. So, short backhand serves, blocks, net and drop shots, are easier gauged and can be hit closer to the net tape.

Too late in the night now... will write more tomorrow...
    Update:

Some observations after a few more sessions.

- finally managed to find a low enough tension of 22x23 lbs on the white zm62 such that the string doesn't disintegrate at the slightes mishit

- very generous sweetspot, larger than P Pro

- just when i thought i had reached max power of the racket, there's more power to be had when i really wailed on it some more! maybe it's the woven frame or perhaps it's the slightly flexier shaft, but i think i've been coddling the racket too much as it's still relatively new... but now i'm finding that the angrier that i hit it, the more power i'm unleashing from it in clears, smashes, kills... if that makes any sense. and i'm not even close to near the limit yet...
    Last edited by visor; 02-26-2013 at 02:01 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vizor, which version of the ZM62 are you playing with???

The original version, which was about 58mm, the second generation that was 62mm or the latest version, which is supposed to be a tad heavier??

Myself; I find out that with the second generation, I cant go over 23 lbs without breaking too often.

With the original version (58mm) it is 19 lbs; if more tension and any mishit break it, with no mercy.

Supposedly Ashaway will review its gauge, hopefully Dink will soon advise and explain.

Because, except on some durability problems, it is surely an awesome string.