User Tag List

Page 384 of 425 FirstFirst ... 284 334 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 ... LastLast
Results 6,512 to 6,528 of 7224
  1. #6512
    Regular Member Mark A's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    St Helens, UK
    Posts
    4,080
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jasonteo View Post
    anyone has any idea why my revelation has a clicking sound when I bend the shaft with my hand or when i swing the racket quickly? i don't see any defects on it. no paint chips or cracks or anything.
    My first port-of-call would be to change the wooden handle. 20-30 min job.

  2. #6513
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    34
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Thanks for the reply. My friend has it too. It sounded like its coming out of the shaft or cone but could be the strings like you said.

  3. #6514
    Regular Member Mark A's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    St Helens, UK
    Posts
    4,080
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jasonteo View Post
    Thanks for the reply. My friend has it too. It sounded like its coming out of the shaft or cone but could be the strings like you said.
    If you can afford to, cut the strings out and see if the racket still clicks. My money is firmly on the handle.

  4. #6515
    Regular Member DinkAlot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    dcbadminton.net
    Posts
    12,200
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hi Jason, it could be what Visor said or it could be the glue at the top of the cone separated a bit and there's a minor gap resulting in the shaft "rubbing" against the cone. This causes the clicking/ticking noise.

    Regardless, the racket is fine and there's no danger. Panda has played with many rackets, Panda Power, Yonex, Victor, Li Ning, etc... with this problem.

    This clicking noise usually happens when the user puts too much stress (hits hard) on the cone are over flexing it and breaking the glue at the cone. No racket manufacturer will warranty it as again, it's not dangerous, and the racket is just fine. A warranty only applies when the cone/shaft/handle separates or is in danger of separating.

    Thanks and Happy Father's Day to all!



    Quote Originally Posted by jasonteo View Post
    anyone has any idea why my revelation has a clicking sound when I bend the shaft with my hand or when i swing the racket quickly? i don't see any defects on it. no paint chips or cracks or anything.

  5. #6516
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    34
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DinkAlot View Post
    Hi Jason, it could be what Visor said or it could be the glue at the top of the cone separated a bit and there's a minor gap resulting in the shaft "rubbing" against the cone. This causes the clicking/ticking noise.

    Regardless, the racket is fine and there's no danger. Panda has played with many rackets, Panda Power, Yonex, Victor, Li Ning, etc... with this problem.

    This clicking noise usually happens when the user puts too much stress (hits hard) on the cone are over flexing it and breaking the glue at the cone. No racket manufacturer will warranty it as again, it's not dangerous, and the racket is just fine. A warranty only applies when the cone/shaft/handle separates or is in danger of separating.

    Thanks and Happy Father's Day to all!
    Thank you for the explanation sir. Knowing your experience, that sure is assuring. Thank you Mark for your response too. I shouldn't worry so much and just continue enjoying my revelation!

  6. #6517
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Uk
    Posts
    6
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hi I am trying buy a Revelation racket in Singapore. But Singapore's distributor Derrick Tan's email seems to be invalid. All my emails to him are rebounded.
    Is there anyway that I can get in contact with Derrick? Or should I contact another distributor?

    Thanks

  7. #6518
    Regular Member j4ckie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    2,723
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I guess you should get in contact with Dink himself, the mail address is on the website.

  8. #6519
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Uk
    Posts
    6
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Cheers mate! I will do so.

  9. #6520
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    San Jose, CA, US
    Posts
    55
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quick question but how stiff is the Revelation's "stiff" ? In relations to Victor rackets, how stiff would it be?

  10. #6521
    Moderator Oldhand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Asia
    Posts
    7,328
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Huhhh View Post
    Hi I am trying buy a Revelation racket in Singapore. But Singapore's distributor Derrick Tan's email seems to be invalid. All my emails to him are rebounded.
    Is there anyway that I can get in contact with Derrick? Or should I contact another distributor?

    Thanks
    Did you try sending him a PM here?

  11. #6522
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Uk
    Posts
    6
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Not yet... Lol why didn't I thought of that?
    Sir Dink have not reply to my email yet
    Thx

  12. #6523
    Regular Member DinkAlot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    dcbadminton.net
    Posts
    12,200
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Update: new batch of Revelations will be arriving by Monday next week.

  13. #6524
    Regular Member visor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    9,173
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jamaljenkins View Post
    Quick question but how stiff is the Revelation's "stiff" ? In relations to Victor rackets, how stiff would it be?
    I'd say a tad less stiff than MX70 and BS10.

  14. #6525
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Punggol
    Posts
    110
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Huhhh are you still looking for Revelation?

  15. #6526
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Uk
    Posts
    6
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    yup yes i am still looking for one. please check your pm

  16. #6527
    Regular Member DinkAlot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    dcbadminton.net
    Posts
    12,200
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Update: the Revelations are in. Inspecting now and will ship ASAP, thanks!

  17. #6528
    Regular Member DinkAlot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    dcbadminton.net
    Posts
    12,200
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Update: rackets have been inspected and shipping has begin, thanks.

Similar Threads

  1. List your playing style, main racket, string & string tension
    By neoanderson777 in forum Badminton String
    Replies: 714
    : 07-16-2014, 08:35 AM
  2. Panda Power Ultra 2 Racket!
    By Hakular in forum Racket Recommendation / Comparison
    Replies: 9
    : 02-04-2011, 10:46 PM
  3. String Recommendation for Panda Power Precision
    By kevindd992002 in forum Badminton Rackets / Equipment
    Replies: 1
    : 10-02-2010, 02:50 PM
  4. WTB/FT: Panda Power racket or sotx racket/s. Scarborough Area plz (gta)
    By Kirbit316 in forum Buy & Sell - Read the rules sticky before you post
    Replies: 1
    : 06-05-2010, 10:05 PM
  5. 40lbs string tension
    By Daniel Chen in forum Badminton String
    Replies: 8
    : 06-27-2001, 07:49 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •