User Tag List

Page 389 of 424 FirstFirst ... 289 339 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 ... LastLast
Results 6,597 to 6,613 of 7205
  1. #6597
    Regular Member visor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    9,130
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    ^ Lol... then you're like NTM ( Nguyen Tien Minh), who never smashes but just outlasts his opponents on court in marathon matches.

  2. #6598
    Regular Member j4ckie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    2,722
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by visor View Post
    ^ Lol... then you're like NTM ( Nguyen Tien Minh), who never smashes but just outlasts his opponents on court in marathon matches.
    He smashes. He just doesn't get anywhere with it - at all Also, his problem isn't any aspect of his physicality, but his rather bad technique (for a world class player, that is).

    kwun, you should maybe try some strength/conditioning exercises - biking and running all day won't help your upper body strength!

  3. #6599
    Regular Member Mark A's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    St Helens, UK
    Posts
    4,075
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by visor View Post
    ^ Lol... then you're like NTM ( Nguyen Tien Minh), who never smashes but just outlasts his opponents on court in marathon matches.
    TMN does smash... but they're never winners. He's a bit like Septano, actually.

  4. #6600
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    WWAAO
    Posts
    2,108
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Current go-to racket is a Kason F9. Interested in either a PP Revelation or PP Precision. How do these 2 racquets compare to the F9? I'm normally more attracted to more flexible rackets as I don't have the snap or whip to fully utilize stiff to extra stiff racquets.

    I'm thinking a 85g 290mm Precision may offer a nice balance between back court power and speed at the front. But then again a 85g 295mm Revelation may do those things well too (but may be a tad too stiff for me)
    Last edited by llpjlau; 10-18-2013 at 06:42 AM.

  5. #6601
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    354
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    ppro is stiffer than rev

  6. #6602
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    WWAAO
    Posts
    2,108
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Borbor View Post
    ppro is stiffer than rev
    Yes, but the "standard" Precision is not.

  7. #6603
    Regular Member visor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    9,130
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by llpjlau View Post
    Current go-to racket is a Kason F9. Interested in either a PP Revelation or PP Precision. How do these 2 racquets compare to the F9? I'm normally more attracted to more flexible rackets as I don't have the snap or whip to fully utilize stiff to extra stiff racquets.

    I'm thinking a 85g 290mm Precision may offer a nice balance between back court power and speed at the front. But then again a 85g 295mm Revelation may do those things well too (but may be a tad too stiff for me)
    The normal Precision is quite noodle-y. You may want to ask Dinkalot whether Trinity would fit you better.

  8. #6604
    Regular Member j4ckie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    2,722
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I'd recommend the Revelation - the TPro is stiffer, as is the Precision Pro. The Precision, even if it were still available, is too light and soft to compare. The Revelation is probably a bit stiffer but close enough that you'll still get enough power from it...

  9. #6605
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    winnipeg
    Posts
    316
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Like the green, guess I better pop in more often as I see an order going in for a few in November.
    Almost sold out of Revelations so interesting to compare the two. Then again I could do some
    reading back. Think I will have to send a framed picture of my dining room table to Fidget for Christmas
    imagine he misses seeing it.

  10. #6606
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    San Jose, Ca
    Posts
    191
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I've had a total of 6 hours with my new Revelation so far and I must say, it's an amazing racket.

    Specs: 85.2g 297mm labeled, (actual 84.2g 297mm without plastic shrinkwrap)
    Strings: Yellow zymax 67 25 x 27.5lbs

    Initial thoughts:
    This racket has such a stable frame, it boggled me a bit when I first started hitting with it. I couldn't quite get used to the feel, but that sensation lasted all of 5 minutes. It swings through the air very quickly, however I find that it swung a little slower than my 85.1g 293mm PPPP.

    Clears:
    This racket delivers power in a very direct manner. I found that while clearing, there was almost no vibration and all of my shots were awarded with a nice, crisp, and quick feedback. Clearing from one end to the other took nearly no effort. Back hand clears were very solid and easy to execute as well. My feelings from clearing is that this racket instills confidence. Confidence that whatever effort you put into your shots will be fully transferred to the shuttle.

    Drives: I had a moderately head heavy version, however the overall weight was rather light. Drives were quick and responsive. The feedback felt very short and crisp, however sometimes it felt a little too short. This isn't to say anything detrimental to the racket itself as I believe feel is very much a personal preference. It's not the fastest racket that I've ever tried, however it performs very well in this category.

    Drops: Drops were extremely accurate and incredibly easy to perform. The smooth overhead motion felt very natural and I felt like I instinctively knew just how much strength to put behind each drop to make it JUST pass the net. This was quite pleasant for me as the soft game isn't really my strong suite.
    Netdrops were nice and tight that day so no complaints from me.

    Smashes: in my opinion, this is where the racket REALLY shines. I don't know what it is about this thing but smashes just seem endless! What I mean by this is that I can smash normally and there is tremendous feedback to me and the shuttle is just launched like a rocket off my stringbed, however I felt like I wasn't even close to maximizing the power this thing could provide! Throughout the games that I played, I smashed harder and harder and the racket just kept on giving. This is where I feel like stiffness and stability of the frame really come into play. I feel like whatever force I put in is transferred directly to the shuttle with little wasted energy.

    Overall, a great badminton session and a GREAT racket.

    Feel: 9/10
    Speed: 9/10
    Stability: 10/10
    Defense: 8.5-9/10
    Ease of use: 8.5-9/10
    Power: ?????/?????

    Dinkalot's outdone himself again.

  11. #6607
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    local to the coast
    Posts
    281
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Thanks for the review . Guys, where would you recommend I look around (online?) to browse the PP collection?

  12. #6608
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,855
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by drmchsraj View Post
    Thanks for the review . Guys, where would you recommend I look around (online?) to browse the PP collection?

    http://dcbadminton.net/

  13. #6609
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    399
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bobbinbette View Post
    I've had a total of 6 hours with my new Revelation so far and I must say, it's an amazing racket.

    Specs: 85.2g 297mm labeled, (actual 84.2g 297mm without plastic shrinkwrap)
    Strings: Yellow zymax 67 25 x 27.5lbs

    Initial thoughts:
    This racket has such a stable frame, it boggled me a bit when I first started hitting with it. I couldn't quite get used to the feel, but that sensation lasted all of 5 minutes. It swings through the air very quickly, however I find that it swung a little slower than my 85.1g 293mm PPPP.

    Clears:
    This racket delivers power in a very direct manner. I found that while clearing, there was almost no vibration and all of my shots were awarded with a nice, crisp, and quick feedback. Clearing from one end to the other took nearly no effort. Back hand clears were very solid and easy to execute as well. My feelings from clearing is that this racket instills confidence. Confidence that whatever effort you put into your shots will be fully transferred to the shuttle.

    Drives: I had a moderately head heavy version, however the overall weight was rather light. Drives were quick and responsive. The feedback felt very short and crisp, however sometimes it felt a little too short. This isn't to say anything detrimental to the racket itself as I believe feel is very much a personal preference. It's not the fastest racket that I've ever tried, however it performs very well in this category.

    Drops: Drops were extremely accurate and incredibly easy to perform. The smooth overhead motion felt very natural and I felt like I instinctively knew just how much strength to put behind each drop to make it JUST pass the net. This was quite pleasant for me as the soft game isn't really my strong suite.
    Netdrops were nice and tight that day so no complaints from me.

    Smashes: in my opinion, this is where the racket REALLY shines. I don't know what it is about this thing but smashes just seem endless! What I mean by this is that I can smash normally and there is tremendous feedback to me and the shuttle is just launched like a rocket off my stringbed, however I felt like I wasn't even close to maximizing the power this thing could provide! Throughout the games that I played, I smashed harder and harder and the racket just kept on giving. This is where I feel like stiffness and stability of the frame really come into play. I feel like whatever force I put in is transferred directly to the shuttle with little wasted energy.

    Overall, a great badminton session and a GREAT racket.

    Feel: 9/10
    Speed: 9/10
    Stability: 10/10
    Defense: 8.5-9/10
    Ease of use: 8.5-9/10
    Power: ?????/?????

    Dinkalot's outdone himself again.
    Very tempting , hmmm.....

  14. #6610
    Regular Member erikfast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    35
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I was forced to learn to play with my left hand despite being a natural righty because of a non-badminton accident a few years ago. I don't play badminton as much as I like, so I mishit quite a bit.

    I was pleasantly surprised that my Revelation was very forgiving despite my off-and-on timing problem. It's a very stable racket. I chose an 85g 295mm model which was easy to maneuver in defense, but feels like it has enough mass to propel shuttles well. Net play was easy with it, too.

    I once had a Victor Super Waves 31 and that racket used to feel like a tuning fork when I mishit, and my shoulder suffered for it. Playing with this racket feels like it dissipates vibration rather than transmitting it.

    All in all, I like it very much.

    Past rackets: RSL 6800, RSL 6900, Yonex Armortec 800D, Victor Super Waves 31

  15. #6611
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Southern CA
    Posts
    23
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I recently dusted off my old badminton racket that I hadn't played in 10 years and boy was it fun. I don't know why I stopped playing in the first place. Is the ppro comparable to the carbonex 20 tour (green)?

  16. #6612
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Southern CA
    Posts
    23
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I recently dusted off my old badminton racket that I hadn't played in 10 years and boy was it fun. I don't know why I stopped playing in the first place. Is the ppro comparable to the carbonex 20 tour (green)?

  17. #6613
    Regular Member DinkAlot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    dcbadminton.net
    Posts
    12,200
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nosebleed View Post
    I recently dusted off my old badminton racket that I hadn't played in 10 years and boy was it fun. I don't know why I stopped playing in the first place. Is the ppro comparable to the carbonex 20 tour (green)?
    Here's a recent e-mail received by Panda from a Cab 20 Tour user who purchased a Revelation:

    From: W.C.
    Date: 11/20/2013 @6:11 PM

    Received my Revelation yesterday morning and played a couple of hours with it last night.

    Still getting used to the feel of the string / tension but Amazing racket so far!
    Had some timing issues early on (was swinging too early/fast lol) but kept playing better and better as the night went on.
    Accuracy and defense are both outstanding. I had no trouble placing birdies in the back two corners or dropping.
    Service accuracy from the very first serve was the best I've every felt! I scored many points off my serve. Maybe partly due to the zm62 but it was so accurate I could actually hit the service line on purpose (even on some deep flicks)
    I couldn't quite get my full swing smash power, but what surprised me the most about this racket is that when I did a little short swing and just flicked my wrist instead of doing a full swing, the smash was really hard!
    It's almost as fast as my normal full swing but with better angles. It was so good that I just kept doing this all night and won all of my games quite easily.
    It still doesn't quite have that oval cab feel (maybe because mine is too light), but this is by far the best iso racket I've tried.
    Honestly the sweet spot is so big it's probably much better results wise than oval, but I still miss that addictive pop feel. (No chance Panda would ever make an oval 665mm racket? lol)
    I can only see myself getting better the more I get used to this racket. Very fun to use
    Great racket Dan! Going to play with this as my go to racket for awhile to decide if I should get another one at a beefier spec.

    Only downside so far is the racket is so gorgeous I'm almost scared to use it. I definitely let a few birdies fall just because I didn't want to clash my new baby.

Similar Threads

  1. List your playing style, main racket, string & string tension
    By neoanderson777 in forum Badminton String
    Replies: 714
    : 07-16-2014, 08:35 AM
  2. Panda Power Ultra 2 Racket!
    By Hakular in forum Racket Recommendation / Comparison
    Replies: 9
    : 02-04-2011, 10:46 PM
  3. String Recommendation for Panda Power Precision
    By kevindd992002 in forum Badminton Rackets / Equipment
    Replies: 1
    : 10-02-2010, 02:50 PM
  4. WTB/FT: Panda Power racket or sotx racket/s. Scarborough Area plz (gta)
    By Kirbit316 in forum Buy & Sell - Read the rules sticky before you post
    Replies: 1
    : 06-05-2010, 10:05 PM
  5. 40lbs string tension
    By Daniel Chen in forum Badminton String
    Replies: 8
    : 06-27-2001, 07:49 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •