User Tag List

Page 399 of 427 FirstFirst ... 299 349 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 ... LastLast
Results 6,767 to 6,783 of 7245
  1. #6767
    Regular Member Mark A's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    St Helens, UK
    Posts
    4,094
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Deity View Post
    Show the buttcap
    The UPK's have the hologram cap. Well, mine do.

    Mine is strung and gripped, should be able to test and review by the end of the week.

  2. #6768
    Administrator kwun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Santa Clara, California, United States
    Posts
    35,915
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Deity View Post
    Show the buttcap
    Didn't know you guys are into these kind of things!

    Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1390927230233.jpg
Views: 391
Size:  31.7 KB

  3. #6769
    Regular Member visor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    9,217
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by drmchsraj View Post
    ooooh! how much are those, @kwun?
    Ummm... for the Boss, probably nil.

  4. #6770
    Administrator kwun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Santa Clara, California, United States
    Posts
    35,915
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by drmchsraj View Post
    ooooh! how much are those, @kwun?
    ask Dink. he will hook u up.

  5. #6771
    Administrator kwun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Santa Clara, California, United States
    Posts
    35,915
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    i should have the UltraK strung up soon. let me know if anyone in the south bay want to try it out.

    should i attempt 45lbs again? need stronger strings though. BG65 isn't strong enough. or just do 40lbs?

  6. #6772
    Regular Member Mark A's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    St Helens, UK
    Posts
    4,094
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kwun View Post
    should i attempt 45lbs again? need stronger strings though. BG65 isn't strong enough. or just do 40lbs?
    Weird that we can discuss doing "just" 40 lb on a badminton racket... I just did mine at 32 and I could almost hear it laughing at me.

    If the old Ultra Pro took 46, adding Kevlar can only make it more mental.

  7. #6773
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    sauga
    Posts
    191
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kwun View Post
    Didn't know you guys are into these kind of things!

    Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1390927230233.jpg
Views: 391
Size:  31.7 KB
    So sexy ooouuuuhh

  8. #6774
    Regular Member j4ckie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    2,725
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Weeeeell...instead of doing 45lbs strings, you could just as well put in a nice plank of wood. Will give you roughly the same power with much less danger to the racket and your fingers!

  9. #6775
    Regular Member gundamzaku's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Santa Clara County, California, USA
    Posts
    2,485
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kwun View Post
    Didn't know you guys are into these kind of things!

    Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1390927230233.jpg
Views: 391
Size:  31.7 KB
    dear sir, you have no idea how many times i've looked at the cool logo last night while i was playing!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by kwun View Post
    ask Dink. he will hook u up.
    really???

    Quote Originally Posted by kwun View Post
    i should have the UltraK strung up soon. let me know if anyone in the south bay want to try it out.

    should i attempt 45lbs again? need stronger strings though. BG65 isn't strong enough. or just do 40lbs?
    yes, yes, and yes!!!

  10. #6776
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    winnipeg
    Posts
    320
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Mine arrived today in Winnipeg, look better in person. Feeling the bumps of the triple shaft and testing the flex curious to see how it plays. String them up tonight and give them a go tomorrow. Similar specs
    to the Revelation so comparing should be interesting in that regard as well.

    Anyone want to test one or the revelation let me know.
    Last edited by ormy4; 01-28-2014 at 05:01 PM.

  11. #6777
    Regular Member Takamsda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Burnaby
    Posts
    166
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    If you like to see the construction of Panda Power Revelation,

    Here is the cut view of the shaft. It says Panda next to the cut.

    This is the ONLY Revelation broke out of 33, due to a severe clash on court. Frame was strung with ZyMax70 at 25x26lb, played by a Canadian Junior player who plays national and provincial tournaments.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

  12. #6778
    Regular Member Takamsda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Burnaby
    Posts
    166
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    The frame and the shaft is made with one of the best material available.

  13. #6779
    Administrator kwun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Santa Clara, California, United States
    Posts
    35,915
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gundamzaku View Post
    dear sir, you have no idea how many times i've looked at the cool logo last night while i was playing!!!
    did you lose all your games? you are supposed to focus on the rally!

    yes, yes, and yes!!!
    do you still play at Milpitas on Wednesday? i should be able to string one up and pass it to you if you are there.

  14. #6780
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Nor Cal
    Posts
    704
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    After having a great experience with the Tpro for the last couple years, I've been reading all about the Revelation and the Ultra Kevlar Pro. I really enjoyed the Tpro racket for its fantastic all around capabilities but especially the speed, though I wanted a little more "umph" in my smash. Getting the revelation it seems would be like an all around upgrade to the Tpro but I'm really leaning towards the Ultra Kevlar for a dedicated power racket that's powerful and solid on the smash(I'll have my Tpro for that). Think I should go for something in the 4U or the 3U? My Tpro specs were 85g, 305 bp. I'll would still like the headheaviness for sure, perhaps ~315 bp

  15. #6781
    Regular Member gundamzaku's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Santa Clara County, California, USA
    Posts
    2,485
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kwun View Post
    did you lose all your games? you are supposed to focus on the rally!



    do you still play at Milpitas on Wednesday? i should be able to string one up and pass it to you if you are there.

    i think because we weren't winning on the challenge court so i just focus on something that made me a bit happier :P

    work has been taking up more of my time, maybe because of me being on BC forums (LOL, JK), but i will try to drop by possibly next month, def will contact you when i do, thx

  16. #6782
    Regular Member gundamzaku's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Santa Clara County, California, USA
    Posts
    2,485
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tactim View Post
    After having a great experience with the Tpro for the last couple years, I've been reading all about the Revelation and the Ultra Kevlar Pro. I really enjoyed the Tpro racket for its fantastic all around capabilities but especially the speed, though I wanted a little more "umph" in my smash. Getting the revelation it seems would be like an all around upgrade to the Tpro but I'm really leaning towards the Ultra Kevlar for a dedicated power racket that's powerful and solid on the smash(I'll have my Tpro for that). Think I should go for something in the 4U or the 3U? My Tpro specs were 85g, 305 bp. I'll would still like the headheaviness for sure, perhaps ~315 bp
    i have a revelation 85g even balance and the flex on the shaft is just perfect, i'm guessing that with a bit more weight or with head heavy balance the shaft might be more flexible. right now the racket's at medium stiff. maybe UK is a bit stiffer?

  17. #6783
    Regular Member gundamzaku's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Santa Clara County, California, USA
    Posts
    2,485
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Takamsda View Post
    If you like to see the construction of Panda Power Revelation,

    Here is the cut view of the shaft. It says Panda next to the cut.

    This is the ONLY Revelation broke out of 33, due to a severe clash on court. Frame was strung with ZyMax70 at 25x26lb, played by a Canadian Junior player who plays national and provincial tournaments.
    thank you for sharing the photos, it's great to see the cross section of a racket i love without breaking my own. and great to know someone else is also using zm70

Similar Threads

  1. List your playing style, main racket, string & string tension
    By neoanderson777 in forum Badminton String
    Replies: 717
    : 07-30-2014, 02:49 AM
  2. Panda Power Ultra 2 Racket!
    By Hakular in forum Racket Recommendation / Comparison
    Replies: 9
    : 02-04-2011, 10:46 PM
  3. String Recommendation for Panda Power Precision
    By kevindd992002 in forum Badminton Rackets / Equipment
    Replies: 1
    : 10-02-2010, 02:50 PM
  4. WTB/FT: Panda Power racket or sotx racket/s. Scarborough Area plz (gta)
    By Kirbit316 in forum Buy & Sell - Read the rules sticky before you post
    Replies: 1
    : 06-05-2010, 10:05 PM
  5. 40lbs string tension
    By Daniel Chen in forum Badminton String
    Replies: 8
    : 06-27-2001, 07:49 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •