User Tag List

Page 89 of 436 FirstFirst ... 39 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 139 189 ... LastLast
Results 1,497 to 1,513 of 7396
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sevex View Post
    The designs are getting better with each new racket, although I prefer the t2 colours personally. Just hope they play as good as they look!
    For sure they play better better, otherwise, I would not have made the changes.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DinkAlot View Post
    For sure they play better better, otherwise, I would not have made the changes.
    Now if the Revelation does not have so much paint covering its beautiful carbon weave, it may just look better than it plays!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First post! Only registered to say thanks to Dink for making these rackets! Least I can do is try and give them a review...

I'm a modest casual player, trying to get into a League club. I am probably able to hold my own in a Buckinghamshire League 3 team if that helps anyone.

My usual setup is an AT800 Technique strung at 22lbs.

I purchased one of the last Trinity's (version 1) which was 83g and BP 283mm, strung at 26lbs. Despite the reduced sweet spot from the tension, the sheer balance and lightness of this racket improved my game in every way. Playing Doubles I had control at the net, power at the back and speed to return shots I would never have reached with my previous racket. However, playing singles, I was unable to clear easily when forced out of position and my upper arm was killing me the day after 3 hours of singles.

I've also purchased two Trinity II's. The first is 85.5g, 288mm, 24lbs and chosen to be my singles racket. I haven't played enough with it yet but it feels like there's a load of power there that I haven't reached for, whilst still being very stable.

The second is 85.5g, 284mm and 22lbs. Again it hasn't had much play yet but my general observation is that it unleashes its power much more easily than the AT800 while remaining quick to manoeuvre. I would love to have one of these at the extreme weight of my T1!

I bought my rackets and had them strung by Mark @ Appleton Strings and he was incredibly helpful in finding rackets from the stock that would meet my requirements.

Given the variety of weight and balances in the manufacturing a 'Trinity' is not a specific racket. You can find one to meet most requirements so long as you like the basic design and stability/flex. i.e. I've reviewed (as best I can so far) my own rackets. Yours will be your own experience!

Now what's this about a 'Revelation'???

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just bought a panda power Ultra from a badminton central user today. Played with it for 3 hours. When I took it out of the cloth bag it felt really light! Maybe around the same weight as my Armortec 900T. The racquet looked totally awesome when I was standing there on the court and I phased out on the court just by looking at it.

Panda Power Ultra II
    85.2g without strings and overgrip
    285mm balance
    Strung with BG65 at 20lbs

Defense was pretty good since it was light and I could return most of the shots. The first few couple of smashes were off but once I got that sweet spot it just flew like no tormarrow. After the game was over my arm was sore but I been sore for couple weeks now because I got the flu shot in my right arm

Overall for 3 hours of play this racquet was AWESOME! Totally worth the discounted price I paid. I kinda wanna change the strings to BG-80. Right now my go to racquet is strung at 28lbs and my nano whites are at 30lbs. So I'm guessing 24lbs on the ultra or it'll be too stiff right?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wait, from what string/tension combo to what string? Then we can give you a good BALLPARK measurement, no guarantees though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by what07 View Post
    I kinda wanna change the strings to BG-80. Right now my go to racquet is strung at 28lbs and my nano whites are at 30lbs. So I'm guessing 24lbs on the ultra or it'll be too stiff right?
    there is your information, singnflip4life

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mstanbrook View Post
    First post! Only registered to say thanks to Dink for making these rackets! Least I can do is try and give them a review...

Now what's this about a 'Revelation'???
    Thanks for your input.

As for the Revelation, it's at least 3+ months away. I will post more as the time gets closer.

As of right now, the initial specs:
    AT900T frame shape
    Frame: Woven 40T equivalent (good for 35+lbs tension)
    Shaft: 40T
    Stiffness: 8.0-8.5
    Weight: 84-86g
    BP:285-290

Another version, the Ultra Woven is on the horizon too...
    AT900P frame shape
    Frame: Woven 40T equivalent (good for 40+lbs tension)
    Shaft: 40T
    Stiffness: 7.0-7.5
    Weight: 82-85g
    BP:300-305

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm sorry, but BG65 at 20 pounds? Its almost pointless to string it with BG80 at a tension lower than that. But if its BG65 at 30lbs or 28lbs, I'd say 27 or 25 lbs with BG80. I was confused over whether it was BG65 at 20 or 30 or 28.

Dink, any idea how much the revelation is gonna run? maybe a +/-10 dollar ballpark?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by singnflip4life View Post
    Dink, any idea how much the revelation is gonna run? maybe a +/-10 dollar ballpark?
    Since there are no plans to go with a woven shaft anymore, guesstimating: $150.00USD.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for your input.

As for the Revelation, it's at least 3+ months away. I will post more as the time gets closer.

As of right now, the initial specs:

Stiffness: 8.0-8.5
    Trying to get my head around what a Rev might end up feeling like. What does the Trinity V2 rate for stiffness? And for comparison's sake... an AT800T if anyone knows?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mstanbrook View Post
    Trying to get my head around what a Rev might end up feeling like. What does the Trinity V2 rate for stiffness? And for comparison's sake... an AT800T if anyone knows?
    The Revelation and Trinity 2 will have the same stiffness. The AT900T and AT800-DE are comparable.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by what07 View Post
    I just bought a panda power Ultra from a badminton central user today. Played with it for 3 hours. When I took it out of the cloth bag it felt really light! Maybe around the same weight as my Armortec 900T. The racquet looked totally awesome when I was standing there on the court and I phased out on the court just by looking at it.

Panda Power Ultra II
    85.2g without strings and overgrip
    285mm balance

Defense was pretty good since it was light and I could return most of the shots. The first few couple of smashes were off but once I got that sweet spot it just flew like no tormarrow. After the game was over my arm was sore but I been sore for couple weeks now because I got the flu shot in my right arm

Overall for 3 hours of play this racquet was AWESOME! Totally worth the discounted price I paid. I kinda wanna change the strings to BG-80. Right now my go to racquet is strung at 28lbs and my nano whites are at 30lbs. So I'm guessing 24lbs on the ultra or it'll be too stiff right?
    Glad you like it sir!

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

The Revelation and Trinity 2 will have the same stiffness...
    If the shaft is going to be the same and the only difference is the frame, is there going to be much noticeable advantage in playing with a Rev over a T2?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by visor View Post
    If the shaft is going to be the same and the only difference is the frame, is there going to be much noticeable advantage in playing with a Rev over a T2?
    Everyone please stop asking about the Revelation for now, thank you.

As Panda has said before, it's 3+ months out. There's lots of work to be done.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

As Panda has said before, it's 3+ months out. There's lots of work to be done.
    ... and many prototypes to be broken...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay, no more questions. I can't wait til this really gets going and we get some hardcore info. Oh yea, Sir Dink, did you figure out a way to strengthen the handle? So that you don't break any more rackets like you did smashing 30 times consecutively at Halim?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by singnflip4life View Post
    Oh yea, Sir Dink, did you figure out a way to strengthen the handle? So that you don't break any more rackets like you did smashing 30 times consecutively at Halim?
    To date, no one else has broken any handles so there no need for you to worry.