User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 17 of 18
  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Red Deer
    Posts
    12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Anybody play with Wilson or Babolat?

    Hey I am wondering if anybody else play with Wilson and Babolat rackets? If so, why do you play with them, What makes them stand out more than the other brands out there!

  2. #2
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    15
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    There's an old man I know who plays with mid-range Wilsons and he's actually a very good player. I think he was a former professional player. But anyways, from what I've heard, Wilsons have decent mid-range racquets but that's about it..

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    US
    Posts
    315
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Brand and model are mostly personal preference. Been looking to try a Wilson but only if I find a very good deal.

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    128
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    i have a Babolat XFeel Essential (Metriflex) and it's a good versatile racket.
    My ideal racket is a Medium stiff, slightly head heavy/balance 4U racket. So i have tried 4U yonex VT70/VT7, they are both very powerful but just a little slow for fast pace doubles game which i play most of the time.

    Babolat XFeel Essential is midstiff/stiff , head heavy but not as head heavy as VT70/VT7, dry balance is about 290mm (as printed on the racket itself). Very good power and fast enough for my game.

  5. #5
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    15
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mzheng168 View Post
    My ideal racket is a Medium stiff, slightly head heavy/balance 4U racket. So i have tried 4U yonex VT70/VT7, they are both very powerful but just a little slow for fast pace doubles game which i play most of the time.
    In that case, you should really try the Yonex Arcsaber 11! Your ideal racquet is the same as mine and I use the Arc11. Almost exact same characteristics as your racquet

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Red Deer
    Posts
    12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mzheng168 View Post
    i have a Babolat XFeel Essential (Metriflex) and it's a good versatile racket.
    My ideal racket is a Medium stiff, slightly head heavy/balance 4U racket. So i have tried 4U yonex VT70/VT7, they are both very powerful but just a little slow for fast pace doubles game which i play most of the time.

    Babolat XFeel Essential is midstiff/stiff , head heavy but not as head heavy as VT70/VT7, dry balance is about 290mm (as printed on the racket itself). Very good power and fast enough for my game.
    Have you tried any other Babolat rackets? I am interested.

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    128
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dan123q View Post
    In that case, you should really try the Yonex Arcsaber 11! Your ideal racquet is the same as mine and I use the Arc11. Almost exact same characteristics as your racquet
    I did look into Arcsaber series. But non come as 4U apart from the Arc9FL but it's PINK. Arc11 doesn't come in 4U and from what i read it's very stiff. I am not sure i can handle it. I had a Arc7 last year but i didn't like it. I didn't like the feel that it holds the shuttle then release it (kind of "sticky" feel), i want a bit more direct repulsion. People said Arc11 improves the feel and not "sticky" now but i just can afford to waste that much money on the racket that seems won't fit me even on paper...

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    128
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RVStrike13 View Post
    Have you tried any other Babolat rackets? I am interested.
    sorry that's the only Babolat i have owned and i am still playing it.

  9. #9
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    15
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mzheng168 View Post
    I did look into Arcsaber series. But non come as 4U apart from the Arc9FL but it's PINK. Arc11 doesn't come in 4U and from what i read it's very stiff. I am not sure i can handle it. I had a Arc7 last year but i didn't like it. I didn't like the feel that it holds the shuttle then release it (kind of "sticky" feel), i want a bit more direct repulsion. People said Arc11 improves the feel and not "sticky" now but i just can afford to waste that much money on the racket that seems won't fit me even on paper...
    Oh yea, forgot about the 4U part. Meh, I don't find it that stiff at all, it feels pretty bendy compared to other yonex racquets. Oh well, if a racquet doesn't suit you, it doesn't suit you :P

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Vaughan, ON
    Posts
    424
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I have a babolat X-feel Lite. Wonderful racket, love it to death.

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Red Deer
    Posts
    12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Steve the noob View Post
    I have a babolat X-feel Lite. Wonderful racket, love it to death.
    Mind telling what the specs are?

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Vaughan, ON
    Posts
    424
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    4U, 285mm balance, medium stiffness.

  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Red Deer
    Posts
    12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Steve the noob View Post
    4U, 285mm balance, medium stiffness.
    Where did you buy it from? I've gone though dozens of Online Badminton stores and haven't found anybody that carries Babolat. It's like their non-existent in Canada.

  14. #14
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    128
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Steve the noob View Post
    I have a babolat X-feel Lite. Wonderful racket, love it to death.
    i wanted to try that one as well but wan't sure about the power department as it's only 82g. Is it powerful enough for smash?

  15. #15
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Vaughan, ON
    Posts
    424
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I bought it from Tads in Vancouver. And it smashes just as well as my other rackets

  16. #16
    Regular Member msitpro's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Ipswich, Suffolk, United Kingdom
    Posts
    206
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Yes.... myself and 3 other county players here are all using Wilson BLX 2013 model rackets.

    I have 3x Recon and my friends have 2-3x Vertex each.

    We all like the feel of the rackets - they are very strong and you can feel every vibration. The recommended string tensions are either 28-30lb or 30-32lbs (!!!) on every model in the BLX range.

    The shafts and frame are very stiff considering their rating by Wilson - their top 2014 model has a rating of Medium-Stiff, as do a few of the 2013 model, but these feel as stiff as Yonex Stiff++ rating to me.

    I don't think you would give one to a beginner I would have to say...

    The pricing is also pretty attractive (2014 models have gone up a bit) and the build quality and finish is outstanding. Although we do have an agreement with a local sports shop and Wilson where we get heavy discounts.....

  17. #17
    Regular Member gundamzaku's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Santa Clara County, California, USA
    Posts
    2,478
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RVStrike13 View Post
    Hey I am wondering if anybody else play with Wilson and Babolat rackets? If so, why do you play with them, What makes them stand out more than the other brands out there!
    i play with wilson BLX vertex and recon. i like shiny things so these two rackets naturally caught my attention. i play with them but i do not think they stand out more than other brands to me, it's just that i enjoy trying out new rackets from different brands. i have observed after going to a few tournaments per year that the BLX Vertex is quite a popular racket. i also have the BLX Force and the KFactor KPower. i bought those two because i do want to try a lightweight head heavy racket and a lightweight head light racket.

    to sum up, i was just curious and wanted to try out new brands.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •