User Tag List

Page 377 of 436 FirstFirst ... 277 327 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 427 ... LastLast
Results 6,393 to 6,409 of 7410
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

@ Sketchy : all right... as promised, here's how you get the light just right to accentuate the woven shaft...

Attachment 137488
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by visor; 02-13-2013 at 09:18 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yup, just as I thought, the PT wasn't a fluke.

Glad I ordered more than 1

Oh sooooooo gooooooood.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, that's all, folks - every UK Revelation has been snapped up. Kinda wish I'd got two for myself instead of one, now...

All buyers - feel free to review the racket (and my services).

Anybody who wants one from the nextshipment - whenever that is - can contact me with their details.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mark A View Post
    Well, that's all, folks - every UK Revelation has been snapped up. Kinda wish I'd got two for myself instead of one, now...All buyers - feel free to review the racket (and my services).Anybody who wants one from the nextshipment - whenever that is - can contact me with their details.
    YeeHaaa!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default I have had a Revelation or two!!

Big up to Mark A!!

Impeccable service.

Two Revs just arrived at work

300/84.8
    301/85.1

*** on a stick, especially with black ZM65!!

Downside - will have to wait until next week before I can play with them.

Thanks again Mark A

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@visor - A bit over-exposed, but very nice. I wasn't really trying to accentuate the woven shaft though - I was just trying to take pictures that are representative of how the racket actually looks (and in reality, the woven carbon is nearly black under most lighting conditions).
    The only part I did try to accentuate was the iridescent silver finish, which for some reason always just seems to come out looking white in photographs.

I'll reserve judgement on the actual rackets until I've had more time playing with them, but I can thoroughly recommend Mark's service - very quick turnaround, very helpful and good at keeping you informed, packages the rackets safely (always good to know whenever Royal Mail are involved), and does an excellent stringing job (I always send my rackets up to Mark for restringing, not just when I receive a new Panda Power). So yeah, thanks Mark Oh, and sorry for encouraging the use of black strings

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, well, well.....guess what was waiting for me when I got back from Uni today

I won't get a chance to play with it 'til Friday but I can echo the sentiments on it being absolutely gorgeous.

Also, Mark's service has been thoroughly top-notch throughout from the help he gave my girlfriend in getting it all sorted to the extensive advice and help he's given me learning to string. 10/10, genuinely beyond what one could normally expect.

Just looking forward to getting it on a court now

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Randomlegend View Post
    Well, well, well.....guess what was waiting for me when I got back from Uni today

I won't get a chance to play with it 'til Friday but I can echo the sentiments on it being absolutely gorgeous.

Also, Mark's service has been thoroughly top-notch throughout from the help he gave my girlfriend in getting it all sorted to the extensive advice and help he's given me learning to string. 10/10, genuinely beyond what one could normally expect.

Just looking forward to getting it on a court now
    And did you act surprised?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

She already knew I knew

I acted very grateful though.

Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Whoa! Just came back from 2 solid hours of non stop playing with my new Rev and old PPro!

And I gotta say the Rev is brilliant, it's scintillating!

My Rev specs (88.0g bp292mm) was carefully chosen to be very similar to my PPro (87.9g bp295mm). As a matter of fact, I brought my digital scale to my very accomodating local distributor (he had this surprised look on his face ) in order to weigh the head on a level surface. The PPro was 38.3g and the Rev was 38.2g, bare unstrung and no overgrip. Very closely matched. I wanted it this way so that I can easily compare the 2, and also because from experience, that is the optimal head weight for a good balance for attack and defence for *me*.

Both were strung with zm62 (my new favourite string... i just love the amazing sound, repulsion, feel, control, and especially tension retention ) at 22x23 lbs, pinging at around 1100 Hz. Any higher than this and I break the strings too easily on mishits.

On playing, the Rev shaft is obviously slightly more flexy than the PPro. So the Rev is more user friendly with easier swings for effortless clears forehand and backhand. Net kill is also easier with just finger power. Defending smashes is likewise easier to whip it across court backhand or forehand. Power is very easily accesible.

The PPro, however, due to its stiffer shaft, is more accurate in drives, smashes, and attack clears to the back tramlines.

Feel wise, the Rev manages to communicate a tad more to the hand, despite having a slightly flexier shaft. So, short backhand serves, blocks, net and drop shots, are easier gauged and can be hit closer to the net tape.

Too late in the night now... will write more tomorrow...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just got back from a tournament at ClearOne in Orlando. Lent my spare PPro to my partner and he loved it. Played the semi and the final with it and he is probably going to buy some now

Name:  ClearOne%u00252520Valentines%2520day%2520Tournament.jpg
Views: 1027
Size:  71.1 KB

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rev 85g BP285 strung with ZM70 at 34 lbs just arrived last week. I played with it for a couple hours yesterday. WOW ... it's so powerful and accurate. I am used to BG80 at 29 lbs, and ZM70 at 34 lbs is like a big upgrade. I love the string sound ... ting ... ting ... ting ... and I was very surprise that it still could create a lot of power. Clear, smash, returning smash, and net shots were great. I only had a problem with lifting to the back, I think it's the higher tension that makes a different when lifting to the back, I will get used to the higher tension pretty soon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Finally got a chance to play with my Revelation last night and I think the best way to sum up my experience with it is to say that it's just so unbelievably solid in every way.

Every shot, you just trust it completely to do what you want it to do. For me, I don't think there is higher praise than that.

The ZM65 and 62 I need a bit more time with. They are obviously great strings and are possibly even more powerful than the NS30, but I'm just not feeling the love with them in quite the same way....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I didn't know where to post this but it seemed like people were talking about buying their racquet from dcbadminton. I'm from California and I have tried emailing dcbadminton@gmail.net and have not yet received a reply. I wanted to order a racquet. So I wasnt to sure who I should email to order a racquet or atleast get help on ordering a racquet. If anyone could tell me how long it usually takes for them to reply I would greatly appreciate it, thank you !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.dcbadminton.net/order.htm

If you look here it will tell you who your local distributor is.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Soulistiq, Dink already replied to your PM. It's gmail."com" not "net".

Quote Originally Posted by Soulistiq View Post
    I didn't know where to post this but it seemed like people were talking about buying their racquet from dcbadminton. I'm from California and I have tried emailing dcbadminton@gmail.net and have not yet received a reply. I wanted to order a racquet. So I wasnt to sure who I should email to order a racquet or atleast get help on ordering a racquet. If anyone could tell me how long it usually takes for them to reply I would greatly appreciate it, thank you !

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Finally was able to pick up my two new babies from the stringer.
    Now I got two freshly strung and re-gripped Revelations waiting to be tried out at tomorrow practice, and again on friday.