User Tag List

Page 391 of 453 FirstFirst ... 291 341 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 441 ... LastLast
Results 6,631 to 6,647 of 7685
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

PPro is 7.8, Rev is 7.9, TPro is 8.0.

So, more similar to TPro than others.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by visor View Post
    PPro is 7.8, Rev is 7.9, TPro is 8.0.

So, more similar to TPro than others.
    Revelation has a real good "kick" to it when hit hard. I hope a 8.2 won't compromise that too much.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Rev is only .1 less stiff than the PPro? It feels a lot easier to handle than the PPro of similar spec.
    Would this make the Ultra K significantly easier to use than both in terms of power generation?

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kwun View Post
    Revelation has a real good "kick" to it when hit hard. I hope a 8.2 won't compromise that too much.
    Please remember, the Ultras have a triple tapered shaft so the recovery is a bit faster than a normal shaft and it will feel a bit stiffer too. That "kick" won't be compromised.

It was unanimous, the Pros and everyone else that have tried the UK preferred the more forgiving one (0.3 less stiff).

And the final decision to go less stiff was Panda's benchmark test with a dramatic difference: Panda's Helper smashing...

...with the stiffer one, smashes were good but very returnable with high, deep lifts.

...with the less stiff one, smashes were significantly harder and most needed to be blocked; a return high and deep was not possible because there was much less time to not enough time for Panda to react.

Granted Panda hasn't played much these days and Panda's reaction and timing is slower but everything else in the test was equal as equal as possible:

+Same baseline/benchmark person smashing
    +Same shuttles, new AS50s
    +Similar weight/BP rackets just different stiffness
    +Same string tension and string (ZM62 at 30lbs.)

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bobbinbette View Post
    The Rev is only .1 less stiff than the PPro? It feels a lot easier to handle than the PPro of similar spec.
    Would this make the Ultra K significantly easier to use than both in terms of power generation?
    Developing badminton rackets is not an exact science. Again, as Panda has stated before over and over, this is where Yonex was "smart" describing things as headlight, head heavy, 4U, 3U, 2U, stiff flex, medium flex...

...these are rather ambiguous terms and makes it easier to generalize. This is for Yonex's convenience and also "enough" information for the typical badminton player back in the day. Imagine if Yonex had to weigh and find the BP for each of the millions of rackets it sold!

Within the last 5, maybe 10 years or so, the typical badminton player has become much more informed and most want to know more exacting details.

Rackets are made with a target stiffness but it's not exact, usually the stiffness range spans +/-0.2. So if a racket's target stiffness is 8.0, in reality it can be 7.8 - 8.2.

So, going back, Panda would not say the Pro is 0.1 stiffer than the Rev and the Rev 0.1 stiffer than the TPro. Those are the ideal conditions. Instead it should be:

Shaft Stiffness Approximations:
    PPro: 7.6 to 8.0 (Target 7.8)
    Rev: 7.8 to 8.2 (Target 8.0)
    Ultra Kevlar: 8.0 to 8.4 (Target 8.2)

With all this said, the Ultra Kev stiffness feels on par with the Revelation to this Panda.
    Last edited by DinkAlot; 12-05-2013 at 08:01 PM.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kwun View Post
    Well, Kwun, you'll just have to find out for yourself when you receive your "late" Christmas presents from Panda Claus, Ho! Ho! Ho!

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DinkAlot View Post
    Well, Kwun, you'll just have to find out for yourself when you receive your "late" Christmas presents from Panda Claus, Ho! Ho! Ho!
    It feels like Christmas already, cannot wait, thanks Panda Claus!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Where can I order the REVELATION racket (I live in Thailand).

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just an update on the Ultra Kevlar (UK):

1) Estimated arrival date: December 27th - January 7th.

2) One change to the specs, stiffness target is now 8.2 instead of 7.8.
    Panda tested the UK at both 7.8 and 8.2 in stiffness and the 8.2 was better.
    Panda asked a top pro to test both rackets and he agreed the 8.2 was better.
    Power was more easily accessible.

3) Color change: going to be all black with gold accents.

Let the pre-orders commence.

And I can probably get hold of some Revs in the 295/85-90 region.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey Mark,
    I would like to get one of those Revs!
    Pls contact me.
    Greetings

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Larsmd View Post
    Hey Mark,
    I would like to get one of those Revs!
    Pls contact me.
    Greetings
    You're already on my list, mate.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

dink:

under what conditions will the revelations be warrantied? friend wants some clarification but he's not a BC member.

thanks

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Panda is reasonable. He tries to warranty all rackets, within reason.

Best to contact directly.

Quote Originally Posted by Borbor View Post
    dink:

under what conditions will the revelations be warrantied? friend wants some clarification but he's not a BC member.

thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've been working with a racket manufacturer, just tinkering with racket design. After some brain storming, dialogue and input, they created a racket that can take 40lbs. string tension with a warranty of up to 36lbs.!

I received the prototypes today and just finished stringing up a racket, let's call it the "Thunder", at 35lbs. with absolutely no problems. The amazing thing is, the racket is only 85.5g dry weight (no string, with original grip, no plastic wrap)!

Here are the specs:
    Panda Power "Thunder"
    BP: 290-295
    Dry Weight: 85.5g
    Frame Shape: Modified Isometric Aero Power Box Frame
    String: Ashaway Micro Power XL @ 35lbs.
    Shaft: APT Technology ("Anti-Panda Tapered Technology"): 8mm at the cone tapering to 6.5mm

I would have strung the racket higher but I don't have any BG65 or BG70Pro and didn't know how high MP-XL could go, that's why I "only" went 35lbs.

I'm going to test the racket out tonight and if OK, maybe, just maybe produce it.
    please although tell us what happend when your 35lbs string is broken!

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

QUOTE=Firefly;2174441]please although tell us what happend when your 35lbs string is broken! [/QUOTE]

Not much happened; restrung at 40+lbs. and the string bed was very tight. Played with it for about 3 days, then cut it and had to rotate all the grommets, then restrung at 31lbs. Racket is just fine last time Panda checked.

Name:  hqdefault.jpg
Views: 554
Size:  25.1 KB
    Last edited by DinkAlot; 12-11-2013 at 03:50 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey Dink

Can you do a brief comparison of the new Ultra Kevlar with the Revelation?
    (My apologies if you already did this earlier in the thread and I missed it)

The more I use my Revelation the more I love it. It's simply the only racket in my bag that gets much play time anymore.
    Looking at either getting a Ryoga Shiden / Custom V, or the new UK as my next racket to try out.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry, Panda missed this post until now...

...The Revelation and Ultra Kevlar (UK) are different rackets.

1) The Revelation is an all-around, minimum drag frame. The frame drag is similar to an AT800-DEF, NS-9000-S/X. The UK frame is based on the AT700, a thicker, denser, relatively more solid frame. It's slower.

2) The Revelation is minimal material, max technology (woven frame and shaft), max performance racket. The UK is maximum material, relatively low technology (except for the Kevlar reinforcement), max performance racket.

So you have one racket using max technology to achieve max performance, while the other uses old, tried and true technology to achieve max performance.

3) The Revelation has a 100% woven graphite frame and shaft. The UK is made of a variant of Toray M30S graphite for the frame and a variant of Toray M40J graphite for the shaft.

The reason for the different graphite is because there is a fine line between stiff and feel. A good racket can be stiff with good response (feel). A racket that's too stiff can feel dead; try hitting a shuttle with a ping-pong paddle and you'll know what I mean. We try to achieve maximum stiffness with feel. We would rather have feel over stiffness as feel is the most important aspect in a racket (as always, relatively speaking). Since the UK frame is stiffer, going 40T makes it a bit too stiff with less feel. Going with a 30T frame makes it more forgiving, still stiff, but with greater feel...

...now couple the 30T frame with kevlar reinforcement and you have an even more stable frame. Hopefully the ideal or near ideal combination.

Some will prefer the Revelation, some will prefer the UK.

Panda feels, if you have good form and want max performance, the Revelation should be your racket.

If you have less than ideal form, want a max solid and stable impact feel go with the UK.

The Revelation is a precision instrument, the UK is a blunt instrument when you compare them. However, the ultimate deciding factor in badminton, as it has always been, is the user. If you're skilled, you can make the UK do anything the Revelation can.

As Panda has said before over and over, it's not the equipment, it's the player. The equipment can aid the player but it's the player that's the key factor.

Quote Originally Posted by disci View Post
    Hey Dink

Can you do a brief comparison of the new Ultra Kevlar with the Revelation?
    (My apologies if you already did this earlier in the thread and I missed it)

The more I use my Revelation the more I love it. It's simply the only racket in my bag that gets much play time anymore.
    Looking at either getting a Ryoga Shiden / Custom V, or the new UK as my next racket to try out.