User Tag List

Page 218 of 424 FirstFirst ... 118 168 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 268 318 ... LastLast
Results 3,690 to 3,706 of 7206
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DinkAlot View Post
    Proposed Trinity Pro design, any suggestions/comments?
    Sexy!! Try replacing the white on the shaft with yellow...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's great. But the head frame is kinda empty, maybe some stripes should do, but then again, it'd look the same as T2.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like it. I hope it will have same head design /color / teatment as UltraPro.

Any additional review for specific specification would be nice. Like you did it for UPro.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cobalt View Post
    Sexy!! Try replacing the white on the shaft with yellow...
    Quote Originally Posted by aCROX999 View Post
    That's great. But the head frame is kinda empty, maybe some stripes should do, but then again, it'd look the same as T2.
    As before: don't listen to any of these two! .

There is a reason the head frame is empy . Just read back why it's empty on Ultra Pro as well ...

Probably it will turn out a lot darker again as well, especially after the clear coat on top ...
    Last edited by demolidor; 12-28-2010 at 05:39 AM.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

except it will turn out like ultra pro which has good marbling colour, I think it is better to give some strips or variation
    actually, I like T2 head design (few red strips on both side)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ah, ok I got it. To increase the aerodynamic and durability eh? Man, I don't know about all these physics.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks nice! Maybe BP should be 285 - 300?

Edit: Darn already thinking of buying the Tpro and haven't picked up the Upro yets. Need to break open the reserve funds.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not sure but to be fair will wait a few days til my Ultra Pro's arrive to see how that looks. Once I see that can make a decision as need to see how the marbling looks and to see if
    less is more.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by what07 View Post
    Looks nice! Maybe BP should be 285 - 300?

Edit: Darn already thinking of buying the Tpro and haven't picked up the Upro yets. Need to break open the reserve funds.
    you're crazy man! I just bought enough to last a family and you want more?! hahaha

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I might skip on the TPro unless the Great Panda can convince me otherwise. I have a middle spec T1 and an 87/290 T2v1 and a 86/287 T2v2.

So unless there's marked improvement over the T1, I'll be on the fence with this one

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Attention Panda Power Badders, Panda cannot decide on the new color for the Trinity Pro so he's letting you gals n' guys do it. Please post your two favorite colors. The colors available: Gold, Gray, Blue, Red.

Thank you for your help and consideration!

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In order: yellow, red, grey, blue ... Maybe you should've could've kept/used yellow for Ultra Pro as a throwback to the Ultra .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yellow, blue, grey, red.

Is the black part bare like UPro?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Isn't the planned Revelation design grey as well?

I also think that blue would be too close to my Upros.

The Gold reminds me of the old Titan proposed designs.

My vote is for:
    Red > Gold >>>> Blue >>> Grey
    I'd like gold or red, red a bit more to stay in line with the Trinity series signature color.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Signature colour? The original Ultra was black/yellow followed by black/ravens purple. The T2 red hardly looks like the T1 either ... obviously choosing anything other than the red option means no sexy red gut . Well I guess it could still work for the grey one ... hmmm (since the Revelation is cancelled indefinitely anyway) .
    Last edited by demolidor; 12-28-2010 at 01:45 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

PLEASE READ: Important information below…

Quote Originally Posted by singnflip4life View Post
    I might skip on the TPro unless the Great Panda can convince me otherwise. I have a middle spec T1 and an 87/290 T2v1 and a 86/287 T2v2.

So unless there's marked improvement over the T1, I'll be on the fence with this one
    No worries G., there’s no need for you to buy. The TPro is going to be better but it's not evolutionary. It's just going perform a bit better and have better feel because of the absence of decals/graphics/paint.

As stated before (maybe not very prominently or very clearly), the benefits of not having decals/graphics/paint are:

1) Feel: without decals/graphics/paint you get better feel; the racket will feel more lively and respond better. A comparable example is your bare hand vs. wearing a glove. Your bare hand always has more feel. A raw finished racket frame has a similar effect; you are more in contact with the string and shuttle, minimizing the dampening/absorbing effect.

2) More durable: the main culprit for string cutting/eating into the frame at the corner grommets are decals/graphics and paint. No matter how strong or hard the graphite surface is, if you have soft decals and/or a layer of paint, it softens the surface of the graphite. Decals are the main culprit; paint is significantly less but still a minor factor. A softer surface promotes faster grommet degradation.

3) Power: energy transfer is more efficient. Because there is less absorbing/dampening, there is an increase in energy transfer resulting in slightly more power. Panda does not have any percentages, would need a math guru to calculate this. Calling Mark…

4) Aerodynamics: no decals/paint/graphics = a slightly more aerodynamic frame as the frame profile is a bit thinner.

Again, there are no definitive improvement percentages but since Panda knows many will ask, Panda will give his best estimate based on his extensive testing and basic math knowledge.

Feel: 15% - 25% improvement
    Feel is the biggest gain. Panda thinks any one that tries a racket with decal/paint/graphics and an identical one without will notice immediately the raw finished racket feels/plays better; it will feel more lively/responsive.

Durability: 10% - 30% improvement
    It’s very hard to determine this because there are too many variables. For instance, if you use thicker string and lower tension, your grommets will last longer. The worst are the thin string high tension users (Oldhand and Quasimodo, Panda is talking to you ). That absolutely eats into the grommets and eventually graphite because of the much smaller footprint (width of the string).

Power: 5% - 10% improvement
    There’s a slight increase in power, probably not too discernible for most. Without all the extra layers, the frame can more effectively transfer power rather than absorb it. Personally, Panda doesn’t think it’s too significant. It’s the feel that is significant. Coupled with the improvement in feel, Panda thinks the power increase is magnified (to the user) more than actually is.

Aerodynamics: 10% - 15% improvement
    This is noticeable. The racket swings through the zone more smoothly because the profile is reduced resulting in less drag.

For an ultra aero racket it probably would not be too significant but since the Trinity is based on a slightly more aerodynamic version of the Ti10 frame, it should be noticeable.

Conclusion:
    Comparing the Trinity Pro to the other Trinities, the biggest gain is racket feel; with the other improvements being insignificant to minor, depending on the person.

Panda has met with/talked to over 30 professional players about rackets and all of them concurred, relatively speaking (assuming their desired string/tension and grip size), the most important aspect of a racket is the feel.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dan, if it's not too much trouble, can you post the expected TPro weight, balance, and stiffness ranges either here or on the DC website? It was cut off in the original picture.