User Tag List

Page 222 of 441 FirstFirst ... 122 172 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 272 322 ... LastLast
Results 3,758 to 3,774 of 7484
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree, I like that yellow. It doesn't POP out at you, but it's strong enough to be say, don't mess with me!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey guys! I finally got my hands on a Ultra Pro! so here's my review for it!

Firstly, i'd like to say thanks to MJStrings for selling me the Ultra Pro! awesome dude! everyone should buy from him! highly recommended!

My Ultra Pro specs are swing weight: 84.3g, actual weight: 82.8g and balance point 299mm
    extra stiff and a bit more than slightly head heavy? not heavy heavy but idk. ( i had a AT250 which was crazy head heavy)
    my previous rackets that I played with are: NS9900, AT250, ARC10, Z-Slash.
    my Ultra Pro has dark blue BG80 strungs at @ 25 lbs (i strung it at steeles and warden at that century plaza i think? not the T&T area its the after that) and wrapped in a teal Yonex Super Grip so it looks awesome!

First Impression
    When I first saw it, i was like oh looks pretty normal, thought the colors were a bit dull. Then i looked at it closely, and was like wowww has that marbling thingy and thats when i started taking in the racket as being awesome. The racket looked so impressive and even the stringer talked to me after asking what it was and that he hasn't seen a design like that in awhile

Warm Up
    okay, so just hitting the shuttle around with the fresh strings on, my hits sounded different from everyone else.. maybe it was the strings at that tension + the Ultra Pro itself, i don't know, its not important. The important aspect is that because its extra stiff and slightly head heavy my clears, drops and smashes were done without much effort. i could clear high and far, no problem. drops where also effortless, didn't put in much swing to it i just swung very lightly. Drops at the net were okay, not as great, but then again, my technique for dropping at the net isn't all that great. But i can tell you that it felt really steady and solid at the net and i wasn't afraid to drop to me friend whose a really good rusher.

GAME TIME
    After my usual warm ups, clears to smashes to drops and drives etc, I played a few games with my buddies. So i am break this down into offense and defense

Offense
    Okay, when i seriously started putting power into this racket, i LITERALLY jizzed in my pants. my smashes were like at least 10% FASTER than normal when i smash with my NS9900. I am guessing its the stiff part and the head heavy part. i was killing it from the back with CONFIDENCE and please note, my smash is WEAK compared to others. I am usually an aggressive tatical player, but with this racket i was going nuts. i was just using raw power lol and it just went boom boom boom. points points points! drops were done so effortlessly, i was even able to hold my smash and perform drops with ease! so i was happy. Drives were also done effortlessly to corners and it felt normal to me. I didn't have to struggle to push hard for the drives, it seemed to come natural lol. Net plays were awesome, i was able to do some really good slice drops to the top corners, but i had to adjust a bit to the racket. And like every time i went to intercept the bird that was a semi lift, it was BOOM with the smash. Even though, this racket is slightly head heavy, the racket itself is really light IMO and even when i was in trouble because of my crappy backhand i was still able to clear far enough to get back into position or even tap it for a drop. I don't know about cross courting from backhand because i didn't do it XD

Defense
    Defense reminded me a lot of NS9900, i was able to get retrieve some point blank smashes but obviously didn't get the next one haha. Deflecting the smash with a drive was also done relatively easy and flicking the racket up for the drop was not too bad. however, only issue i had was fast exchanging when my opponents did flat smashes at me. I wasn't use to using the racket fully so my returns back were higher and flatter haha. but hopefully i would be able to correct it.

Overall
    I'd say this racket is what i have been desiring and looking for. Something that increases my smashing power and that suits my aggressive playing style. Oh, and one more think i forgot, this forget is not that forgiving... i hit a few of the sweet spot and my left arm (im left handed) went a bit numb lol. But putting that aside, I would recommend this racket for those that are like me... like having the form down for smashing and wanting to put in a little more power into it but still being able to perform a backhand or drops and drives. I know nothing perfect exists but I would rate this racket as being a 10/10 in every aspect.

Thanks for reading my review, this is my first review ever, so please don't hate and hopefully you enjoyed it and it was given you an incite of the Ultra Pro. And i will be buying the Trinity Pro when it comes out! (hopefully i have the money by then)

EDIT: probably some grammar errors and usual crap, too lazy to fix it

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sketchy View Post
    I just did a very quick edit in PSP:
    Attachment 86891
    You're just lucky it came with the only string colour that suits it . It does look better than the Genesis shaft with the gold running up much further and brighter looking than I pictured. No wonder that Carlton Elite comes with black strings .

Hmmm, sideways it still looks a little short on gold ... Can you do the other colours as well and something yellow for the heck of it ?
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by demolidor; 12-30-2010 at 04:14 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JukUx View Post
    Hey guys! I finally got my hands on a Ultra Pro! so here's my review for it!

Firstly, i'd like to say thanks to MJStrings for selling me the Ultra Pro! awesome dude! everyone should buy from him! highly recommended!

My Ultra Pro specs are swing weight: 84.3g, actual weight: 82.8g and balance point 299mm
    extra stiff and a bit more than slightly head heavy? not heavy heavy but idk. ( i had a AT250 which was crazy head heavy)
    my previous rackets that I played with are: NS9900, AT250, ARC10, Z-Slash.
    my Ultra Pro has dark blue BG80 strungs at @ 25 lbs (i strung it at steeles and warden at that century plaza i think? not the T&T area its the after that) and wrapped in a teal Yonex Super Grip so it looks awesome!

First Impression
    When I first saw it, i was like oh looks pretty normal, thought the colors were a bit dull. Then i looked at it closely, and was like wowww has that marbling thingy and thats when i started taking in the racket as being awesome. The racket looked so impressive and even the stringer talked to me after asking what it was and that he hasn't seen a design like that in awhile

Warm Up
    okay, so just hitting the shuttle around with the fresh strings on, my hits sounded different from everyone else.. maybe it was the strings at that tension + the Ultra Pro itself, i don't know, its not important. The important aspect is that because its extra stiff and slightly head heavy my clears, drops and smashes were done without much effort. i could clear high and far, no problem. drops where also effortless, didn't put in much swing to it i just swung very lightly. Drops at the net were okay, not as great, but then again, my technique for dropping at the net isn't all that great. But i can tell you that it felt really steady and solid at the net and i wasn't afraid to drop to me friend whose a really good rusher.

GAME TIME
    After my usual warm ups, clears to smashes to drops and drives etc, I played a few games with my buddies. So i am break this down into offense and defense

Offense
    Okay, when i seriously started putting power into this racket, i LITERALLY jizzed in my pants. my smashes were like at least 10% FASTER than normal when i smash with my NS9900. I am guessing its the stiff part and the head heavy part. i was killing it from the back with CONFIDENCE and please note, my smash is WEAK compared to others. I am usually an aggressive tatical player, but with this racket i was going nuts. i was just using raw power lol and it just went boom boom boom. points points points! drops were done so effortlessly, i was even able to hold my smash and perform drops with ease! so i was happy. Drives were also done effortlessly to corners and it felt normal to me. I didn't have to struggle to push hard for the drives, it seemed to come natural lol. Net plays were awesome, i was able to do some really good slice drops to the top corners, but i had to adjust a bit to the racket. And like every time i went to intercept the bird that was a semi lift, it was BOOM with the smash. Even though, this racket is slightly head heavy, the racket itself is really light IMO and even when i was in trouble because of my crappy backhand i was still able to clear far enough to get back into position or even tap it for a drop. I don't know about cross courting from backhand because i didn't do it XD

Defense
    Defense reminded me a lot of NS9900, i was able to get retrieve some point blank smashes but obviously didn't get the next one haha. Deflecting the smash with a drive was also done relatively easy and flicking the racket up for the drop was not too bad. however, only issue i had was fast exchanging when my opponents did flat smashes at me. I wasn't use to using the racket fully so my returns back were higher and flatter haha. but hopefully i would be able to correct it.

Overall
    I'd say this racket is what i have been desiring and looking for. Something that increases my smashing power and that suits my aggressive playing style. Oh, and one more think i forgot, this forget is not that forgiving... i hit a few of the sweet spot and my left arm (im left handed) went a bit numb lol. But putting that aside, I would recommend this racket for those that are like me... like having the form down for smashing and wanting to put in a little more power into it but still being able to perform a backhand or drops and drives. I know nothing perfect exists but I would rate this racket as being a 10/10 in every aspect.

Thanks for reading my review, this is my first review ever, so please don't hate and hopefully you enjoyed it and it was given you an incite of the Ultra Pro. And i will be buying the Trinity Pro when it comes out! (hopefully i have the money by then)

EDIT: probably some grammar errors and usual crap, too lazy to fix it
    You've received Ultra Pro? T_T Great review by the way. So Ultra Pro made you became better than the others? xD

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aCROX999 View Post
    You've received Ultra Pro? T_T Great review by the way. So Ultra Pro made you became better than the others? xD
    Yeah i got it, and thanks! i guess it did! the racket helped me maximize my skills i guess!

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by demolidor View Post
    This is the set design. The only debate is yellow or gold . Imo gold doesn't suit this design at all ... Blue might actually look quite good (though a little boring). Saw it on a Carlton yesterday with roughly the same colours ...
    i think gold might be ok if it is not the bling bling type of gold. a more muted yellowish one is ok.

agree that blue is a bit boring, esp when blended with black. the Carlton looks nice partly because they added in a lot of accents.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Think Tangerine hue..... gold/orange

Subtle but great contrast.....Sketchy could make it rock if he got the
    right shade.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ormy4 View Post
    Think Tangerine hue..... gold/orange

Subtle but great contrast.....Sketchy could make it rock if he got the
    right shade.
    Panda Claus says: Ho! Ho! Ho! Happy New Year!

Here is the final color/design for the Trinity Pro:

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DinkAlot View Post

I think the colour for "trinity" word is too bright?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So the frame of the Trinity Pro is just really plain black because it affects the overall aerodynamics of the racket?

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kevindd992002 View Post
    So the frame of the Trinity Pro is just really plain black because it affects the overall aerodynamics of the racket?
    Yes, but mostly better feel.

Go back 2-3 pages to read Dink's explanation.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kevindd992002 View Post
    Nope (it has been explained a few times already, try to read back)

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Avenger View Post
    I think the colour for "trinity" word is too bright?
    Agree.
    "Trinity" should be like "Pro" but in reverse. Ie with the centre part blacked out instead. More subtle and less in your face.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DinkAlot View Post

So, Dink:
    Is the T Pro going to swing the same as the T2?

If I want the TP to be same as the T2, should we get the same spec? Or is it going to be like the U Pro, which swings 1.5 g heavier than it's U2 equivalent.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Goodness. The color scheme makes me want one. I'll wait to see some real life photos from the Panda Cave first.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I still think the lettering should be made much smaller. It's a bit too loud. Maybe "TRINITY PRO" should be reduced to the same font size as "PANDA POWER"

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by visor View Post
    So, Dink:
    Is the T Pro going to swing the same as the T2?

If I want the TP to be same as the T2, should we get the same spec? Or is it going to be like the U Pro, which swings 1.5 g heavier than it's U2 equivalent.
    The Pro will swing about the same as the T2.