User Tag List

Page 228 of 436 FirstFirst ... 128 178 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 278 328 ... LastLast
Results 3,860 to 3,876 of 7410
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Outgrew the Trinity2?

Is it possible that I grew out of the Trinity2? Tested a friend's Ultra 2 and it feels much better. The stiffer shaft of Ultra2 definitely feel much better as the shaft does not flex as much compared to the Trinity2.

I think I will need UltraPro but my wallet

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

any indications as to when the next shipment of PP Precision will go out?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by findecano1 View Post
    Is it possible that I grew out of the Trinity2? Tested a friend's Ultra 2 and it feels much better. The stiffer shaft of Ultra2 definitely feel much better as the shaft does not flex as much compared to the Trinity2.

I think I will need UltraPro but my wallet

Yes it is very possible. You will find that as you get better and better in the sport, that you will be able to use higher tension and stiffer shafts. This is due to:
    1. Increases in strength to better flex both shaft and strings
    2. Better footwork and increased agility to get in position easier so as to negate the lack of forgiveness of the racket
    3. Better technique, to more efficiently translate your strength to power on racket strokes
    4. Stronger mentality, to be more aggressive and utilize the strengths of your racket more

I had a lot of strength in my right arm due to basketball when I started this sport 3.5years ago. So I had #1 covered very easily. However, my main limiters were #2 and #3. Nowadays, my technique has increased to the point that I can translate a LOT of that strength into my racket's power. This is why I can use the UPro and MP100 easily at a mid tension like 24-25lbs, and the T2 at 27lbs, and the Precision at >28lbs (too scared to go above 29 with my level of stringing) assuming ZM67. However, in a game, my limiting factors are stamina, footwork, and mentality. The first two have been helped lately due to losing 15 pounds in the past 3 weeks, but I still do not have an aggressive enough mentality, which is why I play mainly a control game.

Once I improve my footwork and stamina much more, I look forward to using the UPro as my main racket. But until then, it will be the Precision, so that I can focus on improving footwork in game.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@llpljau:
    Not for another month or two. It's also reliant on there being sufficient demand.
    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...=1#post1592640

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"The first two have been helped lately due to losing 15 pounds in the past 3 weeks, but I still do not have an aggressive enough mentality, which is why I play mainly a control game."
    How did you lost the 15 pounds? I have exacly 15 pounds to much weight....

To get a more aggressive mentality; concentrate to get as fast as possible to the shuttle and hit it as early as possible at the first 3 rally's. Especially be concentrated at the service and the return of the service. U can watch the WS match between Tine Baum and Wang Lin at the last World Championships and you will recognize what i mean. Wang Lin is there playing very aggressive in this match.

Ups off topic... is the Ultra Pro as stiff as the SW35? Or is it feeling less Stiff, cause I have Problems with muscle hardening when a racket is too stiff. With the SW35 I can do just 3 matches until my arm hurts...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

The Ultra Pro is significantly stiffer than the SW35.

Quote Originally Posted by greblu View Post
    How did you lost the 15 pounds? I have exacly 15 pounds to much weight....

To get a more aggressive mentality; concentrate to get as fast as possible to the shuttle and hit it as early as possible at the first 3 rally's. Especially be concentrated at the service and the return of the service. U can watch the WS match between Tine Baum and Wang Lin at the last World Championships and you will recognize what i mean. Wang Lin is there playing very aggressive in this match.

Ups off topic... is the Ultra Pro as stiff as the SW35? Or is it feeling less Stiff, cause I have Problems with muscle hardening when a racket is too stiff. With the SW35 I can do just 3 matches until my arm hurts...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm a big eater, and I rarely eat breakfast plus I love to snack. So to lose weight, I ate a very balanced breakfast to get my metabolism going, and halved my usual portions for lunch and dinner. And I try to make my meals as protein and vegetable heavy as I can while keeping the carbs to a low level. Dinner is usually at least half to a third vegetables.

I also got a much more regular sleep schedule. Just these simple steps cut out a lot of extra weight I had around the middle.

As for the stiffness, I can't comment compared to the SW35, but Pete knows his stiffnesses so go with his opinion.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DinkAlot View Post
    Only rackets, shirts and racket bags in the foreseeable future. Definitely not shoes.
    Any idea on when the shirts may be released? Very excited to get hold of one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pete LSD View Post
    The Ultra Pro is significantly stiffer than the SW35.
    Yes, you can feel it on the first swing.

I'm loving my Upros so far. My go to racket for everything. One word to describe, AWESOME!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by what07 View Post
    Yes, you can feel it on the first swing.

I'm loving my Upros so far. My go to racket for everything. One word to describe, AWESOME!
    Wow, someone is happy with it haha

I'm still getting used to it!

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by singnflip4life View Post
    Gave the Ultra Pro (84.5g/294bp and 86g/287bp) a heavy heavy go around today (2:30PM-6:30PM, constant singles). Also played a bit with my Precision and T2v1 as comparison. However, I will not do an in-depth review for the following reason:

This racket is beyond my abilities right now as a player. At least with ZM67 at 26lbs. This is a definite forewarning. If you can use this racket to its fullest extent consistently for a long period of time while utilizing 75% of your strength, go for it. I've always believed that in a serious match, play at 75% and with a racket that you can use fully at 75% (for various reasons) and I simply cannot do that with this racket.
    Here's a note on its stiffness: definitely stiffest racket I've used in a long time, definitely surpassing Ultra 2 and MP100. So, to my surprise, I can flex the shaft, but only at 100-115% swing, so it's a little draining to get a good baseline clear at this tension. But for doubles, where there is (ideally) no clearing, this negated. In fact, the stability of such a stiff shaft makes for very accurate and very precise drops, drives, and smashes, a must have in terms of the double game. Smashes take a little effort though, but as I am more of a control-type player, its not a huge factor. However, due to lack of ease, I'll be sticking with my Precision. It is still the most natural racket I have ever held, and in games, I want to worry about where I'll be placing my next shot, not how I'll have to swing to do so.

This does NOT mean I don't like it. This has some of the best feel and control out of any racket I've played with. So this is probably my "lazy day" racket/playing with lower level teams. I'll keep the 86g/287bp at 24lbs in my bag for this purpose +smash practice, and use the other for clear practice. But for now, its the Precision for EVERYTHING with ZM67 at 29lbs
    so, is it the problem lies on very stiff shaft or because of head heaviness?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The head heaviness is not a problem. Having used the Zelm series extensively, head heaviness is not a big deal.

The stiffness is what makes it too advanced for me. It's a much more overriding factor in my decision to not use it regularly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Finally received the godly weapon!

With my old U2

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm hoping a Precision with graphics as awesome as Tpro and Upro are in the works!

Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by krisyay View Post
    I'm hoping a Precision with graphics as awesome as Tpro and Upro are in the works!
    Umm... you do know that the lack of graphics is the whole raison d'Ítre of the UPro and the TPro, right?

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well there ARE graphics on it - just not as much as on other rackets So what he probably meant was a Precision with the same design as the UP and TP...which, come to think of it, might not be a bad thing

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Haha yes sorry I meant the same lack of graphics as the Tpro and Upro